Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/353159574821408769

James Mirtle‏

@mirtle

Here's the list of offer sheet compensation if teams sign RFAs today - another thing for Leafs fans to fret over http://twitpic.com/d0ygio

7:32 AM - 5 Jul 13

787668000.png

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Franson is good but he played and excelled in a bottom pairing. He's probably asking for a lot...otherwise he would have been signed already.

I don't think D like Franson deserve more than 3-3.5M.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I'm sure there is a market for Franson, and the Leafs prospects depth is defense.

If the Leafs are on Scuderi, Leafs are fine moving Franson.

How so? They have completely different roles.

That's like saying we don't need an offensive C for our top line

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
So who would we here be willing to pay 6.7m and give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? I could think of a few RFAs..... Pieterangelo being one

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
How so? They have completely different roles.

That's like saying we don't need an offensive C for our top line

I would argue the best C for the top line would be a solid 2-way but I digress.

OFD's are not in short supply in the system. I would have been hesitant to lock Franson up long term.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
whats everyones thoughts on boyd gordon? i think he would be great on the 4th line. he had 57% on the faceoff last season and probably wouldnt take too much $ to land.

we could rock a bottom 6 of;

kulemin-bolland-mclemment
colborne-gordon-orr

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I would assume that the Leafs match anything up to the 1st and 3rd compensation - where it would then depend on the player in question and the team offer sheeting them

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Time for a new thread?

Might as well start fresh given it's T minus 60. :)

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
lol at Berger ...Dreger just tweets Scud's now looking like a Pen, and Berger a second later tweets Leafs have him in sight... but, hamberger keeps dropping a major move up front hint (and keeps stressing trade, and fond of mentioning stastny)

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
i would be hoping for a RFA for RFA trade if we move Franson.
...and Blacker can fill his bottom pairing spot, he's a RHD can move the puck, and is tougher than Franson. wind up for shot is slower, but, not a bad shot.

GilmourClarkScores

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Could be a good "sell high" moment.

He's never played top 4 minutes for any good stretch of games. He was a bottom pairing PP QB last season. Put up points, and had a good +/- because he was playing on the 3rd pairing against the oppositions weakest forwards.

We ARE weak at RHD, so thats an issue. But we have a ton of PMD. So id easily move him if his trade value is high. If he's locked up on a contract, it should represent the fact that he's been a bottom pairing defenceman for us. Especially as his offence will drop as Gardiner and Rielly take on larger roles.

Liles can fill his spot on the bottom pairing.

Scuderi-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Gunnarson
Holzer-Liles
Blacker

You can try to convince yourself with rubbish like this but his loss would be massive for us this year. He improved by leaps and bounds. And who's to say he couldn't get even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad