2013 Free Agency & Offseason Thread II

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
I recall Aki Berg and Sean O'Donnell actually being an effective tandem for a period of time. The fact he got Berg to contribute a respectable standard of play speaks volumes of what he brought to the team back then.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
How is Clifford close to signing? I haven't read much of anything either way (trade or sign)

Good luck to Sean O'Donnell in his new job with the Kings. Short time in Philly but I always liked the fact that he was a good pre and post game interview , never hid behind the canned answers most players give (we have to work harder, we have to play a full 60 ...etc> ) he was always very candid, specific and honest. Mabye that comes with age, but it was always better than the tapioca pudding answers most players gave. (Brian Boucher was anther one that was very honest and a great guy)
Anyway, he's a funny guy with a good personality and should do well working in the fan development area.

Odie is a great guy and is such a perfect fit for us. Lots of goings on while I have been away and most of it just great for the Kings.

Great news for us.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
again wb tg i thought we lost you with hextall You almost had me worrying lol

thanks and no, I am just trying to cope with some massive family tragedies. It will all be good sooner or later. I am the gum stuck to hfs favorite pair of shoes. It is going to be hard to get rid of me entirely.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Anderson has had a good amount of normal seasons but it's very unlikely he put his game together. He was never anything special to me. The Pens lit him up. I'm not buying into the Anderson hype.

Anderson is the new Dwayne Rolosson, solid 1A goalie that is capable of great play for short periods of time. The more he plays the more tired he becomes and the less productive he is. He's a perfect goalie in a 1A 1B rotation like he'll probably have this year in Ottawa, but the people on the main board saying he's a top 15 (or even top 10) NHL goalie? No. :facepalm: Just, no.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Bouwmeester re-signs with the Blues, 5/27.

Gonna have a lot of money tied up in 3 Defenseman, about $16-17M depending on Alex P. for a team that doesn't spend to the cap.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Bouwmeester re-signs with the Blues, 5/27.

Gonna have a lot of money tied up in 3 Defenseman, about $16-17M depending on Alex P. for a team that doesn't spend to the cap

I think they overpaid, I've never been a JayBo fan and still don't see what he does or has done to earn that. Overated. And it won't help their most pressing need, which was remains getting a #1 center. Until that answer that , no chance for a Cup.

They now have 20 M tied up on D w/o Pietro's money . He's gunning for about 7 so that means next year when they have a slew of forwards with contracts expiring, they'll need to make some critical decisions.

Right now, they're too D heavy. Lack of top 6 talent ,esp at Center, continues to haunt them.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
thanks and no, I am just trying to cope with some massive family tragedies. It will all be good sooner or later. I am the gum stuck to hfs favorite pair of shoes. It is going to be hard to get rid of me entirely.

Wow, TG sorry to hear that. Anyone who has gone thru something like that (and there are more than a few of us here, I'm sure, ) understands that kind of shock , numbness and surreality. But you hold onto your faith, trust in God and gain strength from your friends and family, hold onto that and go forward. It's not an easy path, but one that widens and gains more light as you proceed.
Thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
So I'm weird and like to keep a tab of Elite Prospects and Cap Geek open at all times. Been noticing and thinking for a while what the **** San Jose is going to do to get under the cap. They only have 22 roster players and are over the cap. They can send Hertl down but that would only give them cap space to call up 1 cheap ass player. So who do they move to make cap room? Or is Havlat supposed to be LTIRed?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Wow, TG sorry to hear that. Anyone who has gone thru something like that (and there are more than a few of us here, I'm sure, ) understands that kind of shock , numbness and surreality. But you hold onto your faith, trust in God and gain strength from your friends and family, hold onto that and go forward. It's not an easy path, but one that widens and gains more light as you proceed.
Thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

Thanks so much for taking the time to say that.

I am overwhelmed by the amount of support I have received from my friends here. It means allot to me. Still working on it all but I know that in time it will all come around to right.

Just a matter of time and faith.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks so much for taking the time to say that.

I am overwhelmed by the amount of support I have received from my friends here. It means allot to me. Still working on it all but I know that in time it will all come around to right.
Just a matter of time and faith.

You know this world for all of it's cultural, ethnic and religious differences can become a pretty small place when a common thread appears. Nobody goes thru life without being affected by grief or tragedy of some kind. And giving a hug, prayer or or words of comfort back to someone , like you, when it's needed feels just as good as being on the receiving end.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So he keeps the Stanley Cup as his target while he plays elsewhere for more money, then he can come back when he's too old to be an impact player and he can be carried to a cup.

I agree. What a fraud.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Koval****face, so glad we eventually ended up with M. Richards instead of him.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Simon Gagne remains unsigned. Any cap space left? Would he take the league minimum? People keep talking about how we need somebody on the LW.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Ah, the glow of the Stanley Cup in his eyes is temporary blinded by the glare of rubles.

What a fraud.

Remember how NJ fans told us that Dean made a big mistake by asking Kovalchuk questions about his level of commitment to winning a Stanley Cup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad