2013 Free Agency & Offseason Thread II

KingKopitar11*

Murray seemed pretty excited to get Bobby Ryan so no.

And if we send down one of these guys through waivers, maybe forbort will be up?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
When the Devils were in their heyday, July 1st was always fun as New Jersey was usually inactive while the Rangers were tripping over themselves to hand out poor contracts. The Kings staying on the sidelines today isn't necessarily a bad thing.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
One of the reporters from the rumor mill, can't remember if it was TSN or not, mentioned that Iginla may take his time and likely won't sign soon.

If he's looking to go to a contender, there won't be much money left

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Can't quote cause from old thread but posted by Jason Lewis:

Organization is going to be counting a lot on Derek Forbort stepping up this year and Gravel in the following year. Hopefully they can deliver.

Gravel WILL deliver. The kid can flat out play. I look at Gravel as an upgrade over Scuds at some point. Let him play his senior year, one year in Manchester, then the big club. I just absolutely love his game. So good.

Forbort can still make it but not as what he once projected to be. His offense won't come around and that's fine. If he can use his size a bit more and solidify himself defensively, I'll be happy. He can be a guy who's good defensively, good skater, and good first pass. That's all we need from him at this point.

KingKopitar11*

Can't quote cause from old thread but posted by Jason Lewis:

Gravel WILL deliver. The kid can flat out play. I look at Gravel as an upgrade over Scuds at some point. Let him play his senior year, one year in Manchester, then the big club. I just absolutely love his game. So good.

Forbort can still make it but not as what he once projected to be. His offense won't come around and that's fine. If he can use his size a bit more and solidify himself defensively, I'll be happy. He can be a guy who's good defensively, good skater, and good first pass. That's all we need from him at this point.

do you think we might send down Schultz or someone to replace forbort in manchester?

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
do you think we might send down Schultz or someone to replace forbort in manchester?

What do you mean replace Forbort....? That makes no sense. If it's a signing for the AHL, then that's fine because we actually do need defense there pretty badly. In an ideal world, Schultz would have never been signed. But since he is, him and Ellerby will be in the AHL and our 6th and 7th d rotate between Muzz and Marty. But something has to happen on D now. It just has to. I advocated 8 D. Can't do the same for 9.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Schultz is WM and Muzzerby insurance imo. if Willie can't return and the other **** the bed, then this gives Darryl a vet Dman to turn to. he also could be a depth dman at MAN that will help mentor Forbort

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Schultz is WM and Muzzerby insurance imo. if Willie can't return and the other **** the bed, then this gives Darryl a vet Dman to turn to. he also could be a depth dman at MAN that will help mentor Forbort

If one of him or Ellerby isn't in the AHL, this signing makes no sense.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
St. Louis Blues thought process:

We need a center.
Let's go after Lecavalier.
Can't get him.
Let's go after Weiss.
Can't get him.
Let's go after Filppula.
Can't get him.
**** it. Let's sign Max Lapierre.

:laugh:

We have 5 million and change in cap space, now what?

We re-sign our RFAs, trade a D, and either Penner or Pearson are 2nd line LWers. Unless Dean somehow packages something for a 2nd line LWer for now. I wonder if Zykov makes Pearson expendable.... Just spitballing ideas.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
M Lapierre to STL......that is really going to suck playing them further. he's good for a penalty or two, which helps but i hate his antics and bs

KingHouse11

Jul 5, 2013
Hello Ladies and Gents, first time poster here but long time stalker of the boards. Felt like it was time to get in on the great discussions here.

It sucks to see Scuds go but wish him luck in Pitt ( he's going to need it ) I see some people are not too keen on the Schultz signing but I like it do to the fact he's a serviceable defenseman. This will also keep Ellerby, Martinez and Muzzin honest. It's basically Dean saying don't think for a minute you have a guaranteed spot on this roster now that Scuds is gone, you need to come into camp better than ever and earn/keep that spot. I believe Willie will be back and the defensive group will be ok.

And of course ... GO KINGS GO :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad