2013 Free Agency & Offseason Thread II

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Uh, puck carrier can't see you if he's looking ahead of him = dirty hit. Pretty basic. I'm sure there's a rule in there that states that or something like it.

Sorry man, but that's not right. If a guy has the puck on his stick standing still at center ice, someone can come paste him square in the back. As long as there's no shot to the head, there's nothing illegal about it. Also the term "blindside" only was ever in the rule book as it pertained to hits that were deemed headshots, and has since been taken out of the rule.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to save you from going to the main board and looking like a fool. :D

KingKopitar11*

Man, Karlsson is the most overrated player in the NHL. I can't stand the Sens fan base. They are so cocky with their players.

I hope Ottawa falls apart. Can't stand their fans.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
The way fans think he's defensively better than Chara, Doughty. He's good offensively but man his defensive game is average.

He's elite offensively, probably the best in the league. Nobody is going to pick him over Chara if you need to keep the other team off the score board though.

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
Man, Karlsson is the most overrated player in the NHL. I can't stand the Sens fan base. They are so cocky with their players.

I hope Ottawa falls apart. Can't stand their fans.

Yeah, they overrate their players a bit, but their team is pretty respectable. They're one of the two Canadian teams and fan bases I can stand for more than 2 seconds before I go into a fit of rage.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The way fans think he's defensively better than Chara, Doughty. He's good offensively but man his defensive game is average.

I made the mistake of opening and posting in that thread. I think I'm better off deleting my account and heading out for the rest of the summer now :laugh:

Gomez in florida? The heck?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Clifford getting close to signing!! How is that going to fit in?

We have to get rid of two players, so it will all fit financially, but we won't have much room going forward. In all likeliness, we are going to have to eject a forward and a defenseman.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Clifford getting close to signing!! How is that going to fit in?

How is Clifford close to signing? I haven't read much of anything either way (trade or sign)

Good luck to Sean O'Donnell in his new job with the Kings. Short time in Philly but I always liked the fact that he was a good pre and post game interview , never hid behind the canned answers most players give (we have to work harder, we have to play a full 60 ...etc> ) he was always very candid, specific and honest. Mabye that comes with age, but it was always better than the tapioca pudding answers most players gave. (Brian Boucher was anther one that was very honest and a great guy)
Anyway, he's a funny guy with a good personality and should do well working in the fan development area.

Last edited:

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
How is Clifford close to signing? I haven't read much of anything either way (trade or sign)

It was a tweet by the mayor!

@mayorNHL: As of 12:36pm PST, latest word on Kyle Clifford and #LAKings agreeing on a new contract soon... OPTIMISTIC

@mayorNHL: Have been told significant process made and the two sides are much closer than even last week. No deal yet though, so we'll see. #LAKings

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post

It was a tweet by the mayor!

@mayorNHL: As of 12:36pm PST, latest word on Kyle Clifford and #LAKings agreeing on a new contract soon... OPTIMISTIC

@mayorNHL: Have been told significant process made and the two sides are much closer than even last week. No deal yet though, so we'll see. #LAKings

thanks for posting that, hopefully they'll reach a fair ground in the middle. That's one less thing to worry about with camp coming up.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Awesome to see OD back in the fold. Guessing Blake might have had something to do with the hire as he's close friends with him. Was one of my favorite tough defensemen the Kings had after McSorley moved on. Won't forget him crosschecking Slava Kozlov across the face when he was acting like a clown in front of the Kings' net.

KingKopitar11*

Yeah, they overrate their players a bit, but their team is pretty respectable. They're one of the two Canadian teams and fan bases I can stand for more than 2 seconds before I go into a fit of rage.

A bit? Not even close. They think they are contenders. They are currently probably the most cockiest fan base.

They value Karlssons offensive upside more then his defense. It's sad.

I would never take Karlsson over doughty. He can't play great defense, he's not physical, and he doesn't have the compete doughty has. Doughty's offense is great but he gets surrounded too much by Western conference play. Doughty also plays great defense. He's the best all around defenseman in the Nhl.

The offense in Ottawa is sad, they rely on a defenseman for offensive production, as sad as it is, that's how he gets his points. He doesn't even play PK . He has great offense but his defense is average. He's like the better letang.

Awesome to see OD back in the fold. Guessing Blake might have had something to do with the hire as he's close friends with him. Was one of my favorite tough defensemen the Kings had after McSorley moved on. Won't forget him crosschecking Slava Kozlov across the face when he was acting like a clown in front of the Kings' net.

DL also has a hard on for former players. Look at all the former players in the fold since he was hired (Blake, Nicholls, Emerson, Hardy, Robitaille)

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
A bit? Not even close. They think they are contenders. They are currently probably the most cockiest fan base.

They value Karlssons offensive upside more then his defense. It's sad.

I would never take Karlsson over doughty. He can't play great defense, he's not physical, and he doesn't have the compete doughty has. Doughty's offense is great but he gets surrounded too much by Western conference play. Doughty also plays great defense. He's the best all around defenseman in the Nhl.

The offense in Ottawa is sad, they rely on a defenseman for offensive production, as sad as it is, that's how he gets his points. He doesn't even play PK . He has great offense but his defense is average. He's like the better letang.

Not sure what more Anderson needs to do to prove himself to people like me, but I still do not think that highly of him.
As a Canadian there are only two Canadian teams I do not cheer for once the Kings are eliminated. The nucks, and the Senators.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
DL also has a hard on for former players. Look at all the former players in the fold since he was hired (Blake, Nicholls, Emerson, Hardy, Robitaille)

It really does help in the long term though. Players recognize that and want that security when their playing career is over. The Bruins and Flyers among others employ this strategy. It was said to be one of the reasons why Chara decided to go to Boston.

KingKopitar11*

Not sure what more Anderson needs to do to prove himself to people like me, but I still do not think that highly of him.
As a Canadian there are only two Canadian teams I do not cheer for once the Kings are eliminated. The nucks, and the Senators.

Anderson has had a good amount of normal seasons but it's very unlikely he put his game together. He was never anything special to me. The Pens lit him up. I'm not buying into the Anderson hype.

It really does help in the long term though. Players recognize that and want that security when their playing career is over. The Bruins and Flyers among others employ this strategy. It was said to be one of the reasons why Chara decided to go to Boston.

Yeah, I just remember when he was first hired he would always talk about the importance of having former players being part of the organization. It was a few years later that they started the legends night thing. I have to assume that is 100% DL's idea or at least marketing developed it on his suggestion.

Looking at the list of people in the organization, I just realized that Mike Donnelly is a scout for the Kings. So add another to the list..

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
What role has OD taken on?

from the LA Times:

The Kings were expected to announce later Wednesday the hiring of O'Donnell. He will have multiple responsibilities within the organization in a management role, primarily working with the team's fan development department and alumni relations office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad