2013 Free Agency & Offseason Thread II

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Simon Gagne remains unsigned. Any cap space left? Would he take the league minimum? People keep talking about how we need somebody on the LW.

I love Gagne, one of my fav. all time FLyers, but under SUtter's system, he's not a good fit here. He's not physical enough. And I watched all of his games end of the year for the Flyers and he didn't show me alot. Great guy, totally loyal to his team, great teammate but not for this system. Homer says he wants Gagne b ut the Flyres (big shock) are over the CAP and signing him has to wait for either COburn, Mezaros or both to get traded. And even then, I'm not sure how he'll fit. I guess on the 2nd line with Vinnie L and Simmonds.
Kings have options this year, Frattin or TT

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I love Gagne, one of my fav. all time FLyers, but under SUtter's system, he's not a good fit here. He's not physical enough. And I watched all of his games end of the year for the Flyers and he didn't show me alot. Great guy, totally loyal to his team, great teammate but not for this system. Homer says he wants Gagne b ut the Flyres (big shock) are over the CAP and signing him has to wait for either COburn, Mezaros or both to get traded. And even then, I'm not sure how he'll fit. I guess on the 2nd line with Vinnie L and Simmonds.
Kings have options this year, Frattin or TT

I think the flyers will sign him once they are able to put Pronger on LTIR. I think they will have enough room after that.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I am not permitted to open this at work. What is it?

okay_by_rober_raik-d4cw242.png

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
adater ‏@adater 1h
Item: Ryan Miller sees new Sabres third jerseys, demands trade

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTVMlhGCcAAX5NS.jpg

also from Eklund:

Often with a new regime come players suited for the new coach's system.

It had been very quiet in NY until this morning when three sources, all within 90 minutes of each other informed me that the rumor is Vigneault may want to do some major "re-shaping" in NY and get away from some of the components Tortorella had put in place. More to come early afternoon...if not before.

KingKopitar11*

Sometimes I hope the leafs actually had a Norris caliber defenseman just to see Ottawa and Toronto argue in polls. Two of the most defensive fan bases going at it would be lovely. Random I know lol.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Gagne will not be resigning with the Flyers:

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...ve-im-not-back

In case anyone forgot, Homer is still an ass.

...with a capital A and as long as he's sitting in that GM's chair, signing bad long term deals with NMC's to past their prime players, the FLyers aren't going anywhere (and won't make the playoffs again this year, not with the changes in the Conf and esp the other division) From the NHL stats, end of Aug, the Flyers are now the 3rd oldest team in the league. And having older players, well past 30 in Lavvy's run and gun , agresssive skating system really makes zero sense and that system kills even the younger players by mid Feb when they begin their annual malaise and drop games and points. Can't wait for him to go

Holmgren said a tryout was discussed with Gagne as a “possibility” but never went any farther.

That's not true, I heard him on a sports talk show in July say that the team had every intention of signing Gagne but wouldn't have the money (what else is new) until the season started and Pronger went on LTIR. He said he told Gagne that and expected 'Simon' to report to camp and not worry about the money. Lies slip right off of his tongue From shaking Carter's hand and looking him in theye the week before that trade and saying 'you're not going to be traded' (when Howson said the opposite) and a year later did the same to JVR who said when he was traded that Holmgren 'told me last week when that I wasn't going to be traded'. And just about every fan (and most radio shows in Toronto) knew that was coming.

He's a first class jackass...and what a slap in face to Gagne who was strung along all summer and told he'd be back.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I've got no issue with not signing Gagne. It's not smart, he's not the player he was, so fine. But don't tell him you're signing him and then tell him no right before preseason. Don't attempt to give Dan Cleary a contract/tryout and then not even offer a guy who's spent almost his entire career with you a tryout.

Again I wonder, why would you want to go back to that horrible organization and their complete lack of integrity.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
Sometimes I hope the leafs actually had a Norris caliber defenseman just to see Ottawa and Toronto argue in polls. Two of the most defensive fan bases going at it would be lovely. Random I know lol.

those two are good. but for me toronto vs montreal fans are the most entertaining. some of the polls that are created are hilarious with deliberate intent on bashing eachother lololol:laugh:

i dont blame leafs fans for being defensive. everyone hates them and there is so much bashing material for that franchise. (however i am not one of those bashers)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad