2013 Draft Thread (Part 3) #8, 16, 38, 52, 69, 129, 130, 140, 159, 189

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I could see Colorado trying to smoke signals to Florida that they are trading down with Tampa.

Florida, concerned then that their division rival with jump past them and take their guy, offer Colorado a package to move from 2 to 1, thereby blocking the Lightning from moving up.

Colorado then accepts, contingent upon Colorado and Florida wanting different players (like the LA/Buffalo trade to pick Myers).

I wonder how much Roy's exposure to Mac and Drouin will sway how Colorado drafts.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 32m

Elias Lindholm plans to play in Sweden next season as he fulfils the last year of his contract with Brynäs IF

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I don't see why Colorado does that. If they think Mackinnon is the BPA they take him @ 1 or they take Seth Jones because they need a franchise defender. They don't let the lightning and panthers determine who they'll take because they could lose out on Jones and Mackinnon that way. Honestly the only way I see them moving the pick is if they get some huge package for it that blows them away. Much like many around here are suggesting. I don't see it being very likely however.
Shrug Colorado fans seem to think Roy prefers Drouin to Mac and Jones. Ultimately it comes down to what the scouts and he feel is the best fit though.

Also what I've gathered watching behind the scenes draft shows over the past years is that teams are generally honest and forthcoming in who they will draft. Florida isn't going to pull a switcharoo after Colorado trades down.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Also the only way I see Buffalo getting into the top 3 is at #3 but it will take two trades. If Nichushkin really is #2 on Tampa Bay's list then Buffalo will have to swing a trade with Calgary or Carolina and then flip that pick to Tampa Bay. Nashville selects Barkov and Tampa gets VN, or Carolina selects Monahan and Tampa still gets VN. I don't think you could pry the #4 pick out of Nashville which is a shame because I would prefer Barkov to Drouin or Jones.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
HERE are the top 10 finishers in selected categories from the two days of fitness testing at the NHL combine.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 4h
Kurt Ethchegary had 9 interviews this week ... is heading to Buffalo later today for Sabres combine & then off to Habs combine

Link: https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/340863618314797057

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 3h
Elias Lindholm will be at Buffalo's combine before heading home; had interviews with 23 teams this week

Link: https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/340880440506318848

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 2h
Robert Hagg is heading to Buffalo, NJ combines before heading home

Link: https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/340884008252616704

Wennberg is attending Buffalo's combine per THIS interview with OilersTV.

Confirmed for Buffalo combine: Erne + Etchegary + Hagg + Labbe + Lindholm + Monahan + Poirier + Rychel + Santini + Wennberg + 65 or so others

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Anyone Think Justin Bailey will be on the Sabres radar? What round he expected to go in, 2nd/3rd? Wouldn't mind grabbing him in the draft somehow.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Anyone Think Justin Bailey will be on the Sabres radar? What round he expected to go in, 2nd/3rd? Wouldn't mind grabbing him in the draft somehow.

Well, the Sabres interviewed him, so yeah I'd think he's on their radar. Also, yeah, I think he's expected to go in the 2nd or 3rd

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Does anyone know the details of Barkov's contract with Tappara? Will he play in the NHL next year?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Does anyone know the details of Barkov's contract with Tappara? Will he play in the NHL next year?

Their is a transfer agreement so he can play in the NHL next year, the only league without an agreement is the KHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Speaking of incomplete but intriguing forward prospects, Justin Bailey. RW, great frame, interesting tool set, can score in many ways, fell from early season rankings as he had consistency issues, might not think the game all that well. I know in recent drafts they haven't looked at the local connection outright, but this kid could be very good value late 2nd/early 3rd.

Im not sure he will be there in the late second round... I don't think he gets to our second 2nd round pick.

Some chatter from last week.

Kid can score but has an bit of an odd skating stance. He had a lot more early season hype but fell off as others rose. *shrug* He might be a guy to look at in the 38 spot, but I like Carrier more.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Three CalgaryFlames.com mock draft results from May 30: (A) Monahan, Fucale; (B) Nurse, Morrissey; and (C) Lindholm, Shinkaruk.

Matt Burnside ‏@MattBTHG 4h
If I'm not mistaken, Leafs/ Devils hold combines today, Buffalo (Tuesday), Ottawa (Wednesday), Montreal (Thursday)

Link: https://twitter.com/MattBTHG/status/341231150750126080

Spencer Martin ‏@S_Marty95 6h
All done at the Leafs fitness testing and off to Buffalo Sabres Combine tonight! #LivingTheDream

Link: https://twitter.com/S_Marty95/status/341210573788311552

Remember that Martin's family have been Buffalo STH since the lockout .. he also is the first goalie confirmed for our combine.

Confirmed for Buffalo combine: Erne + Etchegary + Hagg + Labbe + Lindholm + Martin + Monahan + Poirier + Rychel + Santini + Wennberg + 64 or so others

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Justin Bailey ‏@JustinBailey95 28m
Had a good time at the @BuffaloSabres combine today pic.twitter.com/F9S7INHFCw

BLya7KVCYAAm4SC.jpg:large

Confirmed for Buffalo combine: Bailey + Erne + Etchegary + Hagg + Labbe + Lindholm + Martin + Monahan + Poirier + Rychel + Santini + Wennberg + 63 or so others

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Also, if current heights / body types interest you, check THIS link, as their images from the NHL combine provide numbers for some of the prospects. For instance, here's Artturi Lehkonen looking at least 5'11.25" and Rasmus Ristolainen breaching 6'4":

23323983.jpg

23323888.jpg

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Also, if current heights / body types interest you, check THIS link, as their images from the NHL combine provide numbers for some of the prospects. For instance, here's Artturi Lehkonen looking at least 5'11.25" and Rasmus Ristolainen breaching 6'4":

23323983.jpg

23323888.jpg

Rasmus looks pretty chubby. He will fit right in with Myers as under conditioned defenseman.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Rasmus looks pretty chubby. He will fit right in with Myers as under conditioned defenseman.

Drew Doughty was much larger and doughier during the draft and the season or two after that. He still is a true franchise #1 dman and a top 10 dman In the league.

A lot of the top players are hardly top notch physical specimens. I'd actually say that hockey is the sport where average looking players physically can be the best players in the league.

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
I can't seem to find a list of the invitees, but does anyone know how many of the players Buffalo actually drafted last year attended their combine? Were both Grigorenko and Girgensons there?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I can't seem to find a list of the invitees, but does anyone know how many of the players Buffalo actually drafted last year attended their combine? Were both Grigorenko and Girgensons there?

Grigorenko was not there.

Kea and Austin were there. I'm not sure about the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad