Prospect Info: 2013 Draft [Part 8]: Unsolved Mysteries: MacKinnon, Drouin or Barkov? 4 Days Remain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Scouting report if you please.

Also meet your savior. He'll score the cup clinching goal for the avs in 2016

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=674737

Morrissey is a really smart player, smooth skater, and opportunistically physical (he can absolutely blow people up). He is a bit undersized, but I think he is one of the smarter defensemen in the draft, which should really help establish him as a very good defensemen down the road. If he were a few inches bigger, I think he'd be a top-10 selection.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Barkov seems like a really intriguing player and could be quite dominant if he pans out, but I'd still go with Mac. Mac-Barkov-Drouin in that order for the forwards since Jones is out. Going into this weekend fully expecting MacKinnon to be named an Av. Not a bad thing!

I just hope Jones and Barkov go to the East.

Don't care where the hobbit goes.

Nope Jones is less physical than even Murray.

Why do you have to bring Jones in this? Seriously?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Morrissey is a really smart player, smooth skater, and opportunistically physical (he can absolutely blow people up). He is a bit undersized, but I think he is one of the smarter defensemen in the draft, which should really help establish him as a very good defensemen down the road. If he were a few inches bigger, I think he'd be a top-10 selection.

Thx soundwave.
I just hope Jones and Barkov go to the East.

Don't care where the hobbit goes.

Why do you have to bring Jones in this? Seriously?

I hope Seth goes to the west, that team will be easier to play against.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He'll be fresh for the world cup, silver lining. Bud.

Alright thx for putting up with me boys. I'll stop now.:D
Well we think a like and I basically love all the players you do, but I just don't understand why you hate Jones so much. You sound like he stole your future wife or something like that. :laugh:

Broken leg? Nah, he'll be in jail for tax fraud :sarcasm:
:laugh:

I wonder how many kids over the world like whatever he likes and do whatever he does. They're going to have to build a ton of need jails in South American and Argentina. :sarcasm::laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm just curious, did Seth Jones come to your house and kick your dog? You seem to go out of your way to bring him up an awful lot. :sarcasm:

j/k love ya D2M

I do trash him a lot but my posts in the past 2 pages were meant to be jokes. It's no secret I'm not a fan of his game. He will be a good player but I just don't see the number 1 defender 2 way hockey player many seem to see here on hf. I think he's too soft on D (not just hits) on the boards as well. My biggest concern with him is his hockey sense in the defensive zone he constantly out of postion from what I've seen. Always running around and losing his man. I just don't think he'll ever be the dominant defender many believe he will be. I'm not saying he'll bust big time but he won't live upto the hype imo. He'll be similar to bouwmeester or recent Myers.

His offense is something to admire about tho.

Excuse any errors I'm posting on my phone.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well we think a like and I basically love all the players you do, but I just don't understand why you hate Jones so much. You sound like he stole your future wife or something like that. :laugh:

:laugh:

I wonder how many kids over the world like whatever he likes and do whatever he does. They're going to have to build a ton of need jails in South American and Argentina. :sarcasm::laugh:

Seth has no chance with Alex Morgan. :D

I really don't hate Jones I just think he's all thst great see above.

As for Leo, I doubt he does his own taxes. This is his financial advisors fault. (If the allegations are true.);)

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
MacKinnon is the Avs wet dream. He has all the all the trademark high character, effort, drive points that the Avs probably value as much as any team in the league when assessing prospects along with the high end tools the new regime will want to build the team around. He has the huge upside and is simply a safe bet. It's hard to pass on that combo.

People are going to make all kinds of fuss about the Memorial Cup having too much impact on decision making but can you really blame the Avs for falling in love with MacKinnon? Look, Seth Jones might very well become the biggest, baddest beast in this draft class down the road. You certainly can't say anything bad about his character and his skating and skill set at his size makes his movement so effortless that you might almost mistake that for a lack of compete when in fact he's just an athletic freak of nature. So I don't say this with anything negative towards Jones...it's just that I really think with MacKinnon you have an "it" factor...this relentless, buzzing energy and desire to win that makes him clutch and lifts him to the #1 spot in the Avs eyes.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I want so badly for Josh Morrissey to be snatched up by us at 32nd, and there is a very, very small chance that may happen.

MacKinnon picked him when he was asked what player did he think was underrated going into the draft when they interviewed him, Drouin, Jones, and Nurse while they were all at the finals. Said the kid is legit.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Well I think it's a really really stupid and outlandish thing for Roy to flat-out say that we're picking MacKinnon but at the same time like Sakic said...it is better to let fans like me know who were expecting the team to take Jones and would have been po'd. So I've come to accept that we'll take the forward and hope that this team manages to trade somehow for a dman like Keith or Chara or Doughty in the future to win in the playoffs as long as the trade doesn't involve Duchene.

Btw assuming that we do draft him....would anyone know when MacKinnon moves to the US or if he'll still be in Canada during July? I'd like to send him a TTM request c/o the Mooseheads. Sent a custom card to Siemens c/o the Blades but it was towards the end of the Mem Cup and it hasn't returned yet so maybe he didn't get it.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I would guess around there for sure. Doubt he makes it to us at #32, which is a shame because he seems really good.

If its in the 20's I could see us moving up. I still think they may try to move up and get Nurse, but moving up 10 spots or so would be easier. If Mack says hes legit, I might just have to trust him.

Edit - Mckenzie has him at 28

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Florida fans are so angry right now. Some of them are ripping Avs management for passing on Jones just because they want MacKinnon so badly. :laugh:

I wanted Jones but I still find it hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad