Recalled/Assigned: 2013 Dallas Stars Roster Movement

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
The problem i see is that Fraser and R. Smith just aren't up to top 6 merit yet

Smith has been ok and i guess it would be good for him to play with Benn and Whitney but if it was me I would put Cole with Benn and WHitney

I know Cole has been good on a line with Fiddler and nystrom and the coaches are probably unwilling to break that up, but we have to send out the best top line as possible and as Loui and Benn have absolutely no chemistry together, eriksson probably has to go on a line with Eakin and Reilly smith

For Vancouver, I would send out the following forward lines

Whitney-Benn-Cole
Eriksson-Eakin-R Smith
Nystrom-Fiddler-Roussel
Garbutt-Wandell-Fraser

Im pretty sure Chiasson wont be playing the next back to back, hopefully he is ready for the LA game

MetalGodAOD*

I know Cole has been good on a line with Fiddler and nystrom and the coaches are probably unwilling to break that up, but we have to send out the best top line as possible and as Loui and Benn have absolutely no chemistry together, eriksson probably has to go on a line with Eakin and Reilly smith

Gonna disagree there. Loui and Benn had great chemistry last season. Loui has been snake bitten with whoever he's played with.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
The problem i see is that Fraser and R. Smith just aren't up to top 6 merit yet

Smith has been ok and i guess it would be good for him to play with Benn and Whitney but if it was me I would put Cole with Benn and WHitney

For Vancouver, I would send out the following forward lines

Whitney-Benn-Cole
Eriksson-Eakin-R Smith
Nystrom-Fiddler-Roussel
Garbutt-Wandell-Fraser

Im pretty sure Chiasson wont be playing the next back to back, hopefully he is ready for the LA game

I think the problem here is the centers we currently have. Cody Eakin is going to be fantastic, but he's not quite there just yet. Benn can't hold up the play, and a lot of what Fraser does revolves around the cycle and retaining the puck. I think if we're ever able to grab some quality depth up the center both of these guys will succeed. I think it's very unlikely Fraser turns into another Giroux, but it's definitely possible. Way too early to think of that though.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Interesting, but how can this work with the AHL rule stated in that link?

Faska can because Kitchener Rangers season is over. It's why Stransky can't join Texas, since his WHL season ended, but his team still is playing in Memorial Cup next month.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
But he was drafted out of the CHL, and the AHL has the rule that a player drafted out of that league needs to be 20 years old to play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad