Recalled/Assigned: 2013 Dallas Stars Roster Movement

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
1339215971727.gif

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Let's keep this thread for actual Roster Movement. If you guys want to keep arguing start a new OT: Cat Fight thread jeez

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Did the official forum crowd move in here? Sure seems like it. Meanwhile the purple titled man is nowhere to be seen to backup the original point.

You have to admit that you're overly confrontational lately.

... and I'd hate to put words in piqued's mouth, but this is borderline silly right now.

By trading Fiddler for a defender, you ensure there is no possible way Eakin is anywhere but the 3rd line. If you acquire another veteran forward .... you risk Gully preferring him.

In addition, adding a veteran defender gives you the benefit of moving Benn back to the AHL.

The motive was not to trade Fiddler, it was to ensure Eakin remain in the Top 9. The idea to move Fiddler for a D was just a good suggestion for potentially increasing Dallas' D depth.

I think everyone agrees that not having to trade Fiddler is the best scenario ... but best hardly means that it will happen in Dallas.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
haha, yup. exactly. common.

Where exactly did you get derailed in the conversation sir? The point I was refuting is simple.

Trading Fiddler... For a defensive plug... When we have prospects to do that... Makes no sense, and makes the bottom 6 even weaker.

This isn't about being right, or telling people off. It literally makes zero sense.

I get where BigG is coming from in saying "Well Gully will just use Fiddler on the 3rd instead of Eakin "that only reenforces the fact that he's an absolutely ****** coach. You don't compensate for ****** coaching by trading away good players.

Would you like to show me where I'm wrong in any of that?

aisforaaron83

May 24, 2008
Where exactly did you get derailed in the conversation sir? The point I was refuting is simple.

Trading Fiddler... For a defensive plug... When we have prospects to do that... Makes no sense, and makes the bottom 6 even weaker.

This isn't about being right, or telling people off. It literally makes zero sense.

I get where BigG is coming from in saying "Well Gully will just use Fiddler on the 3rd instead of Eakin "that only reenforces the fact that he's an absolutely ****** coach. You don't compensate for ****** coaching by trading away good players.

Would you like to show me where I'm wrong in any of that?

i don't actually care what any of your points are. what I do care about is you calling others Pejorative Slured or insinuating stupidity because someone disagrees with you. when you throw stuff like that around you become a joke. I don't think you are a joke. I think you are a passionate fan that gets way too personal about how you think the team should be run or what moves should be made. You have to understand that when you throw crap around like you do that you cant seriously expect to be respected. I think you should apologize.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
i don't actually care what any of your points are. what I do care about is you calling others Pejorative Slured or insinuating stupidity because someone disagrees with you. when you throw stuff like that around you become a joke. I don't think you are a joke. I think you are a passionate fan that gets way too personal about how you think the team should be run or what moves should be made. You have to understand that when you throw crap around like you do that you cant seriously expect to be respected. I think you should apologize.

Thanks for your input, I respect you as well. The disrespect has gone from all sorts of sides for multiple years now and it's starting to become aggravating, so I'm putting myself out there more with how I feel.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yikes.

First of all, Fiddler isn't very good. It doesn't really matter whether he's on the team or not.

It'd be nice for him to be the 4th line center, however I don't have faith that Gulutzan will play him on the 4th line when all the centers are healthy. Judging from Joe's latest actions he can't have complete confidence in Gulutzan using the players as intended either.

Meanwhile, I'd rather acquire a legit NHL depth defenseman to displace Benn back to the AHL. I'd also rather have Oleksiak stay in the AHL a bit longer.

Just combining those 2 objectives.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Fiddler is a decent player but he's not going to sink or swim this team. Eakin should continue to get more minutes than him but with this coach who the heck knows. Trading him for a better defender isn't a horrible solution. By this point it should be obvious that development is not Gulutzan's forte thus keeping his mitts off Olesiak long term may in fact be better for the player and the club.

I think returning Smith to Austin is ridiculous but I'd rather that than him get 8 minutes a night.

Has there any hint of what roster d-man is going out to make room for Olesiak? They won't carry 8 guys will they?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Boom!!!! Put your foot down.

Nieuwendyk said the team would carry eight defensemen for now, but that he expects Oleksiak to be in the lineup.

“It’s time to take a look at him,” Nieuwendyk said. “We’ve watched him play very well at the AHL level, so now it’s time to see what he can do at the NHL level.”

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
A legit d is gonna be awfully hard to come by. The list of veteran D is growing thin. We would have to pay out the nose for one. We are better served by patching with d with actual potential. But I still maintain we could trade one of our UFAs for a d man. Unfprtunately that probably means Ryder... But I m okay with that.

If Gully doesn't put Oleksiak in the lineup, he's gonna get fired, i would think.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So expect him to be scratched for at least one of those?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
"Nieuwendyk said the team would carry eight defensemen for now, but that he expects Oleksiak to be in the lineup."

EXPECTS?! EXPECTS?! No that better be FOR CERTAIN if you're going to call him up. Jesus freakin Christ. Come the hell on Joe.

Chill brah .... :laugh:

I honestly have faith that this is a nice way of him saying this is the law of the land. He was never so direct before in the past.

I'm pretty excited.

EDIT: And I don't care if I sound like a broken record, but I totally get your fear which is just insane.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Chill brah .... :laugh:

I honestly have faith that this is a nice way of him saying this is the law of the land. He was never so direct before in the past.

I'm pretty excited.

Don't get why he wouldn't just come out and say he's starting then. Argh. This franchise makes me want to scream sometimes. :laugh: Literally nothing they do goes without me questioning why they're doing it.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'm not if it just means that Larsen gets scratched. One shouldn't be getting time at the cost of the other. If Oleksiak replaces Benn I can live with it, but I still think it's a bit too soon.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Another weird note from that article:

The team’s top four defensemen _ Stephane Robidas, Trevor Daley, Alex Goligoski and Philip Larsen _ are 6-0 or below, and 200 pounds or less. Rookies Brenden Dillon (6-3, 210) and Jordie Benn (6-1, 200) offer a little size, but Oleksiak has reach and presence that has been lacking.

When did NHL teams start benching Top 4 defenders???

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm not if it just means that Larsen gets scratched. One shouldn't be getting time at the cost of the other. If Oleksiak replaces Benn I can live with it, but I still think it's a bit too soon.

There you go putting a damper on the party even if it is true.

:cry:

If Oleksiak is replacing Larsen I agree this is a pretty poor decision. As far as this being to soon, yeah that could be true, but I'm OK with the decision. He's looked fantastic for the past month. It's hard to blame them for giving this guy a test drive of 4 games.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

If Larsen sits and Jordie doesn't, then I think it's pretty much an official message to everyone that we used Jordie playing as a way to get Jamie to sign. (like officially official)

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That article didn't even mention Rome ... sucks for that guy, but I never really thought he had a Top 6 future here.

It should be pretty clear that Dillon has earned a Top 6 role, but my guess is he and Benn will soon share a rotation as the 6th D over the next 4 games.

If Oleksiak sticks, one of them has to go back to the AHL. Jamie Benn seems like a professional so I choose not to believe he'd act a fool if Jordie was sent down. I really hope that belief is proven correct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad