Recalled/Assigned: 2013 Dallas Stars Roster Movement

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Also ... if I'm doing my math right ... Roy is either not coming off IR for Friday's game, someone new is going on IR, or Dallas needs to make another roster move to fit Roy on the roster.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
If I were Joe I'd be shopping Fiddler for a depth Dman right now who could replace Benn in the lineup. Eakin to the 4th line is coming when everyone is healthy.

Yeah let's trade a PKer who is one of our only physical players that can take face-offs for a plug that'll keep prospects in the AHL longer. Solid idea.

Shop Wandell.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah let's trade a PKer who is one of our only physical players that can take face-offs for a plug that'll keep prospects in the AHL longer. Solid idea.

Shop Wandell.
:laugh: You can't even keep your own positions straight anymore.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Shop Wandell.

So you trade the 13th forward meaning Eakin is on the 4th line. Congratulations at accomplishing nothing!!!

I said it already today, but there's no reasonable answer Gulutzan can give to have Eakin on the 4th line when Roy is healthy.

I should feel confident that Fiddler will slide to the 4th line, but I don't. If trading a guy that is often useful despite occasional blunders is the only way to make this happen .... that's what needs to be done. If Gully can't manage the team ... his toys have to be taken away.

This is the hill I will die on ... :) .... no fan or pro scout can watch a Dallas game and say Fiddler should be playing more minutes than Eakin.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
So you trade the 13th forward meaning Eakin is on the 4th line. Congratulations at accomplishing nothing!!!

I said it already today, but there's no reasonable answer Gulutzan can give to have Eakin on the 4th line when Roy is healthy.

I should feel confident that Fiddler will slide to the 4th line, but I don't. If trading a guy that is often useful despite occasional blunders is the only way to make this happen .... that's what needs to be done. If Gully can't manage the team ... his toys have to be taken away.

This is the hill I will die on ... :) .... no fan or pro scout can watch a Dallas game and say Fiddler should be playing more minutes than Eakin.

Where have I said that he should?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Where have I said that he should?

Then you're just not following the conversation because that was the entire point piqued was making in the post you quoted.

I have some faith that the right thing will happen without trading Fiddler since Gully nutted up and placed Morrow on the 4th line, but to be totally confident he'll do the right thing is crazy.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
He said we should trade Fiddler for a Dman to fill Benn's spot. Why fill Benn's spot with the ****** return we'd get from Fiddler when we've got solid players in the AHL to step up instead?

Why trade Fiddler? We want to officially have no forecheck? He's a solid 3-4th line player.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
He said we should trade Fiddler for a Dman to fill Benn's spot. Why fill Benn's spot with the ****** return we'd get from Fiddler when we've got solid players in the AHL to step up instead?

Why trade Fiddler? We want to officially have no forecheck? He's a solid 3-4th line player.

We'd likely get a late pick for Wandell, if even that. We'd be better served sending him to the AHL...

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston

Because Eakin is better. This isn't complicated.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I can't tell if you're screwing with me or ignoring what I'm saying.

The point of his post was that Eakin is going to the 4th line when Roy is healthy ... insinuating the only way to stop that is trading the current 3rd line center.

I have a small amount of faith that wouldn't be necessary, but I understand the fear that Gully won't do the right thing.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I can't tell if you're screwing with me or ignoring what I'm saying.

The point of his post was that Eakin is going to the 4th line when Roy is healthy ... insinuating the only way to stop that is trading the current 3rd line center.

I have a small amount of faith that wouldn't be necessary, but I understand the fear that Gully won't do the right thing.

We're on the same page. With the way Eakin is playing there zero reason for him not to be the 3rd line Center.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Holy ****ing ****, how do you people not get this?

Benn-Roy-Eakin-Fiddler. What's complicated about that?

.... because the coach has been constantly making questionable calls. It's not surprising someone would be concerned that Eakin is on the 4th line with Gully on the bench.

Also ... I can finally agree on something with Sturm:

:laugh:

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm

Oleksiak time!!!! But where is Reilly going? But, Oleksiak time!!!!

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Let him put Eakin on the 4th and get his ass canned faster.

The lineup should be as follows :

Benn-Roy-Eakin-Fiddler

Trading away Fiddler for somebody who will take up another useless space on the defense would solve absolutely nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Let him put Eakin on the 4th and get his ass canned faster..

The lineup should be as follows :

Benn-Roy-Eakin-Fiddler

Trading away Fiddler for somebody who will take up another useless space on the defense would solve absolutely nothing.

You're completely missing our point and calling us Pejorative Slured. Just letting you know in case you ever wonder why some people don't like you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad