2013 CHL Import draft

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Rihard Bukarts (LAT)
Jakub Vrana (CZE)
Ivan Nikolishin (LAT)

Only a few names I know, but these guys are all 2014 NHL eligible, and from the sounds of things, if they want to come to the CHL, they could dominate.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Rihard Bukarts (LAT)
Jakub Vrana (CZE)
Ivan Nikolishin (LAT)

Only a few names I know, but these guys are all 2014 NHL eligible, and from the sounds of things, if they want to come to the CHL, they could dominate.

Nikolshin is russian Bukarts is latvian

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping
Rihard Bukarts (LAT)
Jakub Vrana (CZE)
Ivan Nikolishin (LAT)

I know you asked about Vrána in "his" thread as well, but I thought I'd answer it here since this is more recent :) Vrána was interviewed after the game yesterday, and he said that he will stay in Linköping until he's ready for the NHL (that is, if he ever will be, as he said himself). So you won't be seeing him in the CHL anytime soon.

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping
Why is he in Sweden ?

The coach (Klas Östman) for one of Linköping's junior teams is also the assistant coach for the Czech U18 (?) national team. I'm pretty sure he had something to do with Vrána coming here ;) Also, Vrána's agent didn't want him to play in the CHL or any other NA junior league, and probably didn't think he would get the best development by playing in the Czech junior leagues, so I guess Sweden was the best way to go. Apparently they made the right decision, seeing how much he's developed already :)

Now, I'm not 100% sure about this, but it's what I've heard from different sources, and it seems pretty plausible. Our local newspaper is publishing a big video interview with Vrána tomorrow though, where he'll probably talk about how he ended up in Linköping, so I'll see what he says.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Yeah and now with the trade that they completed with Shawinigan they now have the top two picks in the Q.......

Halifax could now end up with two of the top five picks in the import draft. Have to wonder who it is they've got their eye on, but the import draft is such a hard thing to predict.
Historically, most Halifax import players are either Czech or Slovak. Don't know if that's just coincidence or what.

RogueLeader39

Dec 11, 2012
Sept-ÃŽles, QC
Halifax could now end up with two of the top five picks in the import draft. Have to wonder who it is they've got their eye on, but the import draft is such a hard thing to predict.
Historically, most Halifax import players are either Czech or Slovak. Don't know if that's just coincidence or what.

True, you never really know how the good players will end up becoming, good example this year, the Baie-Comeau Drakkar (MY FAVORITE TEAM!!!!!! :D) taking Valentin Zykov 76th overall, and he's one of their best players, despite being a rookie :)

QRemparts

Jan 2, 2012
For now, the top 10 looks like that :
1-Giants Vancouver
2-67's Ottawa
3-Screaming Eagles Cap Breton
4-Cougars Prince George
5-Petes Peterborough
6-Mooseheads Halifax
7-Thunderbirds Seattle
8-Otters Erie
9-Mooseheads Halifax
10-Warriors Moose Jaw

I'm from Quebec so I heard the Eagles are open to deal there pick, and Halifax will keep both of there picks. I'm sure that Vancouver will keep there pick and in the OHL, Windsor need two imports so I'm sure they will be very aggressive to get one of Ottawa or Peterborough picks. In the Q, Remparts need an import and they will want a top talent so I will not be surprise to see Quebec trade with Cape Breton to move ahead of Halifax. So if I had to do a prediction at this point, I will guess that Windsor will get Ottawa pick, Quebec will get Cape Breton pick and that Vancouver will keep there pick. So you have Vancouver, Quebec, Windsor and Halifax in the top 10 so all the top gun will go there. I dont like that but I will try mid-season draft and I will do it again 2-3 weeks before the draft.

1-Giants Vancouver(Maxim Lazarev)
2-Spitfires Windsor(Ivan Nikolishin)
3-Remparts Quebec(Valeri Nichushkin)
4-Cougars Prince George(Martin Kokes)
5-Petes Peterborough(Adrian Sloboda)
6-Mooseheads Halifax(Jan Stencel)
7-Thunderbirds Seattle(Phil Baltisberger)
8-Otters Erie(Eduard Nasybullin)
9-Mooseheads Halifax(Jakub Vrana)
10-Warriors Moose Jaw(Pavel Jenys)

-David Pastrnak
-Yevgeni Svechnikov
-Ilya Zinovyev
-Arkhip Nekolenko
-Yegor Orlov
-Kirill Pilipenko
-Andrei Filonenko
-Rene Svoboda

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Maybe Parker Tuomie from Germany as he is dominant in the German junior leauge and has nothing to prove any more and his dad is form Canada or USA

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=72683

just as comparison he has more points in 10 games less then Leon Draisaitl last season in the DNL and Draisaitl is currently seen as a first rounder in 2014 some say even to 10 or top 5 right now. BUT Draisaitl was a year younger.
So both are 2014s and I think it would be the right move by Tuomie to travel over the pond

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
1-Giants Vancouver
2-67's Ottawa
4-Cougars Prince George
5-Petes Peterborough
6-Mooseheads Halifax
7-Thunderbirds Seattle
8-Otters Erie
9-Mooseheads Halifax
10-Warriors Moose Jaw

I'm from Quebec so I heard the Eagles are open to deal there pick, and Halifax will keep both of there picks. I'm sure that Vancouver will keep there pick and in the OHL, Windsor need two imports so I'm sure they will be very aggressive to get one of Ottawa or Peterborough picks. In the Q, Remparts need an import and they will want a top talent so I will not be surprise to see Quebec trade with Cape Breton to move ahead of Halifax. So if I had to do a prediction at this point, I will guess that Windsor will get Ottawa pick, Quebec will get Cape Breton pick and that Vancouver will keep there pick. So you have Vancouver, Quebec, Windsor and Halifax in the top 10 so all the top gun will go there. I dont like that but I will try mid-season draft and I will do it again 2-3 weeks before the draft.

-David Pastrnak
-Yevgeni Svechnikov
-Ilya Zinovyev
-Arkhip Nekolenko
-Yegor Orlov
-Kirill Pilipenko
-Andrei Filonenko
-Rene Svoboda
Nichushkin and Vrana are unlikely to report, so I don't see them being taken that high.

Nichushkin has two years remaining on his KHL deal and spurned the CHL last year, while Vrana has a senior contract with Linköping and has shot down being interested.

Just asking quickly, are guys like Aleksi Saarela, Rasmus Andersson and Oliver Kylington available in this draft???
Since Saarela and Kylington are 97's, no.
This year, 96's will be primarily taken, along with some 95's (including some ones recommended to take the CHL route by their NHL teams) and possibly even a few 94's.
Andresson is a 96 so yes, but he just signed a senior contract with Malmö until 2014.
He also skipped out on the U17's to stay with Malmö, so I doubt he has any interest in coming over.

QRemparts

Jan 2, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but Martin Frk was not in the same situation? Except he played in CZE... I think he had a contract in CZE but came here... And for Nichushkin, Kucherov had a KHL deal this season so nothing is impossible with Quebec. They were looking to Kuznetsov some years ago...

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong but Martin Frk was not in the same situation? Except he played in CZE... I think he had a contract in CZE but came here... And for Nichushkin, Kucherov had a KHL deal this season so nothing is impossible with Quebec. They were looking to Kuznetsov some years ago...
The difference is that contracts in other countries have out clauses and the federations have agreements that allow for transfers, whereas Russian ones don't.
The only way you can get out one in Russia is if you personally buy it out (not your team).
Kucherov was probably able to do that because his parents, IIRC, are pretty wealthy and actually work in New York.

jboyz

Jun 30, 2010
1-Giants Vancouver
2-67's Ottawa
4-Cougars Prince George
5-Petes Peterborough
6-Mooseheads Halifax
7-Thunderbirds Seattle
8-Otters Erie
9-Mooseheads Halifax
10-Warriors Moose Jaw

-David Pastrnak
-Yevgeni Svechnikov
-Ilya Zinovyev
-Arkhip Nekolenko
-Yegor Orlov
-Kirill Pilipenko
-Andrei Filonenko
-Rene Svoboda
If Cape Breton does keep there pick and picks at #3 who do you think they will pick?

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Heard rumours Guelph will likely be looking for a goalie with there first of two first rounders. Team is expected to be contenders next season and goal looks like one of a few weak spots if Sparks is playing pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad