2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (1/13-1/18)

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
it'd be a very stupid thing to hand Anisimov 3rd line minutes after the showdown he put in Yaroslavl, i'd say. the guy deserves a shot in the top-6. also you're getting a very hot goalie in Bob.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: To be clear: Boone Jenner will come for NHL camp, per #CBJ John Davidson. Whether he sticks in #NHL will be determined by his performance.”

“@Aportzline: #CBJ D John Moore (concussion) has been cleared to resume skating, could be ready for regular season.”

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Couldn't agree more. No point in Johansen being up here if he's not getting top line minutes. Let him dominate for the rest of the year in Springfield then he can fight for a top spot in camp in September

Here we go again. Not 24 hours into a new tentative agreement and this crappy conventional wisdom rears it's ugly head.

Let this be one of Davidson's first decisions (along with the rest of the scouting staff) and not some lame decision based on uneducated hockey fans nonsense. Sure we can have opinions but most of us here haven't seen him play yet this year and we haven't seen how camp shakes out. Talking about going in with nothing and making a decision.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
it'd be a very stupid thing to hand Anisimov 3rd line minutes after the showdown he put in Yaroslavl, i'd say. the guy deserves a shot in the top-6. also you're getting a very hot goalie in Bob.

How about we see camp before such declarations shall we? He, like every other player invited, deserves a shot in camp to make their case. Beyond that his performance is totally meaningless.

Thx, bye.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
As much as I would love to see Boone Jenner in Columbus; in a shortened season where we are highly unlikely to make the playoffs, I say save the contract year, send him back to juniors and let him continue to dominate.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
So many questions but I, for one, am excited for hockey again. I'm pissed at both parties but I love hockey and simply can't wait. I'm one of the suckers they know will come back no matter what. :)

As for the team, I'm OK with Jenner getting a look but think he'll finish the year in Junior. I also think there is a good chance that Johan stays in Springfield. He's playing top line minutes as a center (getting 20+ per night as I understand it) and that would be good for his development. Granted he's played in the NHL so I have no problem if he is up with the big club. Camp will decide I'm sure but I do like that he's playing top minutes at center right now. JD seems hell bent on development and continuing to strengthen the system and young players. Here's how I could see this working out:

Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Prospal - Letestu - Dorsett
Boll - MacKenzie - Fehr (sign as UFA)

extra - Gillies, Russell

Wisniewski - Johnson
Nikitin - Tuytin
Moore - Auoin

extra - Prout

Bobrovsky
Mason

Obviously signing a guy like Fehr is a crap shoot. I was looking for some more size in the lineup and someone that could theoretically play in multiple situations. Doubt it happens but just throwing it out there.

Will be interesting that's for sure.... I just hope it doesn't take too long to get good hockey happening.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Hopefully Boone makes it, kid is fun to watch I just hope that if hes on the team he's at least a 3rd liner. As for Johansen, from the games I've seen he didn't dominate anything. Maybe Davidson will believe he's ready and he very well could play well in the NHL but we shall see when training camp comes up. As for D, Johnny Moore if he's ready, is a pretty sure thing for making the team. Supposedly dominated Springy and I see Erixon being the next best dman over Savard. It'll be interesting if they want to keep Timmy and Savard as a 7th dman though. Too excited for hockey!

bizzz*

Anisin averaged 15 minutes per game in the KHL. He wasn't 1st center even for Loko.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
Post-Lockout CBJ's

Dubi-Anisimov-Atkinson
Umberger-Brassard-Foligno
Prospal-Jenner/Johansen
JAM-Mac-Dorse
Gillies, Boll

JMFJ-Wizz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Aucoin
Erixon/Savard

Bobrovsky
Mason.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So many questions but I, for one, am excited for hockey again. I'm pissed at both parties but I love hockey and simply can't wait. I'm one of the suckers they know will come back no matter what. :)

As for the team, I'm OK with Jenner getting a look but think he'll finish the year in Junior. I also think there is a good chance that Johan stays in Springfield. He's playing top line minutes as a center (getting 20+ per night as I understand it) and that would be good for his development. Granted he's played in the NHL so I have no problem if he is up with the big club. Camp will decide I'm sure but I do like that he's playing top minutes at center right now. JD seems hell bent on development and continuing to strengthen the system and young players. Here's how I could see this working out:

Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Prospal - Letestu - Dorsett
Boll - MacKenzie - Fehr (sign as UFA)

extra - Gillies, Russell

Wisniewski - Johnson
Nikitin - Tuytin
Moore - Auoin

extra - Prout

Bobrovsky
Mason

Obviously signing a guy like Fehr is a crap shoot. I was looking for some more size in the lineup and someone that could theoretically play in multiple situations. Doubt it happens but just throwing it out there.

Will be interesting that's for sure.... I just hope it doesn't take too long to get good hockey happening.

But it would help in understanding the new CBA :sarcasm:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i'd personally rather the #7 dman be either Holden or another vet and let the kids play as much as they can in springy....unless they're ready for the time...could Moore/Erixon be ready as 3rd pair with Aucoin as the 7?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Umberger - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Prospal - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Letestu - Dorsett
Gillies - Mackenzie - Boll
Russell

Johnson - Wisniewski
Tyutin - Nikitin
Moore - Aucoin
Erixon

Bobrovsky
Mason

If I were in charge... I would also let Johansen, Calvert, Savard, Jenner, and JAM have shots at making it but they would have to play at a 2nd line or pairing level in camp.

I would see if I could call up Murray without burning a year of his ELC. He wouldn't play but would be with the coaches, trainers, and team doctors constantly. He would become familiar with our plays, the city, the team, and could have the team provide medical supervision.

bizzz*

Anisimov is not a 1st line center in any pro league. Even though he looks like Crosby on that Movember picture:
704a6967fcffd17c501b4aa91b16db8d.jpg

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
We don't have any 1st line centers anyways. Someone has to do it and I'd rather it be Anisimov than Brassard.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
and we're back to not allowing people to have opinions on a message board...oh yippie

Sure everyone is allowed opinions. Just try and make it an educated one. I have no idea who should be on the team (of the contested slots), which lines, etc. That's why we have camp, as short as it will end up being.

We are only a couple of months or so into the Davidson reign and we are already making declarations without giving him a chance to make his own. Kind of silly really.

It's amazing how many people will make decisions without ever seeing anything on ice to evaluate.

bizzz*

i see you are from Minsk... guess you are still disappointed by the 2011 KHL playoffs.

Not at all. And Anisimov has nothing to do with that Loko team, he was in NYC at that time. He's just not a good passer, for Loko he scored more shorthanded goals than PP goals.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
Not at all. And Anisimov has nothing to do with that Loko team, he was in NYC at that time. He's just not a good passer, for Loko he scored more shorthanded goals than PP goals.

:laugh:
Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Martin Hanzal plays a huge role for the Yotes without putting up big numbers, and Artem did put up some nice looking numbers next to Dubi and Callahan not too long ago. I don't see how Brassard can be seen so far ahead of him in your eyes.

jacketsinDC

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
Post-Lockout CBJ's

Dubi-Anisimov-Atkinson
Umberger-Brassard-Foligno
Prospal-Jenner/Johansen
JAM-Mac-Dorse
Gillies, Boll

JMFJ-Wizz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Aucoin
Erixon/Savard

Bobrovsky
Mason.

I agree with this lineup, except that I'd like to see JAM (or letestu) on a 3rd scoring line with johan and prospal, while boll is on the fourth line. JAM seems to have a lot of offensive creativity and might help johan find the scoring touch.

i hope (like you listed) anisimov and dubinsky get first line minutes while brass/umberger show what they can do on the second line. brassard regularly seemed sort of overmatched on the first line and anisimov seems like he would be up to the task.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Sure everyone is allowed opinions. Just try and make it an educated one. I have no idea who should be on the team (of the contested slots), which lines, etc. That's why we have camp, as short as it will end up being.

We are only a couple of months or so into the Davidson reign and we are already making declarations without giving him a chance to make his own. Kind of silly really.

It's amazing how many people will make decisions without ever seeing anything on ice to evaluate.

And are you going to be the one who determines whether someones "opinion" is an educated one or not? Just asking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad