Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
george-mcphee-angry.jpg

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
I hope not. If the Caps miss the playoffs, that pick has a chance of being the first overall. No fringe team should trade their first this year.
Winning the lottery does not give you the first overall pick, it moves you up 4 slots. You can only have a chance at the first overall pick if you are in the bottom 5. NJ won the lottery last year and picked 5th I believe.

member 54150

Winning the lottery does not give you the first overall pick, it moves you up 4 slots. You can only have a chance at the first overall pick if you are in the bottom 5. NJ won the lottery last year and picked 5th I believe.

No, they changed the rules

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ok so the player never answers his phone. Is the trade never going to be announced?

You get an hour. Even twitter doesn't know.

**** the player who is not answering their phone, like its going to end up a different result if they do or don't.

What other GM is as secretive as George.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland

You said this before, but you're wrong. They changed it in the new CBA. Now lottery = 1st overall no matter what.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Maybe they didn't get the paperwork in on time and are in a screaming match with the league to try to get it approved. Why else would the NHL be "looking at it"?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

No. They changed the rule. He was right.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

Didn't that change this year?

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
Ok so the player never answers his phone. Is the trade never going to be announced?

You get an hour. Even twitter doesn't know.

**** the player who is not answering their phone, like its going to end up a different result if they do or don't.

What other GM is as secretive as George.

Wasn't it Brooks Laich who said he never answers his phone at th TDL

gmgm-wink2-o.gif

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Maybe they didn't get the paperwork in on time and are in a screaming match with the league to try to get it approved. Why else would the NHL be "looking at it"?

They're probably on hold. Gaborik call just got officially finalized like 10 minutes ago IINM. There's a big backup.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

Yeah it doesn't work that way anymore. Whoever wins the lottery gets the 1st pick and everyone else slides down one.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
GMGM: "I have traded the entire Caps team to the Panthers for their crappy team, and I quit."

Liberati0n*

I'm pretty sure someone explained how it works to you before.

Apr 6, 2004
I was just going to say exactly what Dregger did. Kuyza / Forsberg being overseas and hard to reach? If so big yield.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
My blind guess would be Carlson getting moved. Matches the (manufactured) hype and still has value around the league. Team just signed an offensive D prospect as well, and obviously likes both Oleksy and Kundratek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad