2013 assessment; 2014 prediction

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I agree with this. I'd like to have a guy like Girardi in our top-4 (realistically, he'd be top pairing on this team).

He'd be perfect with Campbell or Kulikov. Although Kulikov and our first might be shipped out for the top line forward we need.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I just looked at the free agent class and there really aren't any snipers that we need available. Vanek is the guy but he's going to Minny. He's exactly what we need but lets be honest, we're not getting him. Moulson would be a solid addition but odds are he wont come here and I'm not sold on him being the goal scorer we need. Perhaps we move our first round pick for a roster player?

http://capgeek.com/ufa-finder/

After reading about the Team USA selection process, Tallon loves speed so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after Mason Raymond. I thin Viola will want Callahan given his NYC roots and might be an enormous amount for him. I'd love to have Callahan but he wont solve our goal scoring problem either. Girardi would be worth overpaying for. Hopefully Viola opens the checkbook for some Rangers.

Mason Raymond has great speed but an IQ of a potato. He would be an upgrade for this team though, obviously. Callahan is someone I'd really like... I wouldn't mind if they overpay him a lot. Same with Moulson.

Kind of worried though if the team only decides to make moves in the off-season given the weak UFA class. They will be lucky to get one impact player which would be pretty lame after all the noise with Viola about opening the wallet

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
girardi have been playing bad, but a change of scenery, kulikov for girardi, wouldn't be half bad imo

nvm, he's a UFA at the end of season, right?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Campbell - Girardi
Gudbranson - Olsen
Kulikov - Weaver

Not bad..

I'd like to replace Weaver with someone who can fit Horachek's style more. He is the only d-man who adds nothing to our attack in the offensive zone. We need more offense from our d-core. That's what helped us make the playoffs.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I'd like to replace Weaver with someone who can fit Horachek's style more. He is the only d-man who adds nothing to our attack in the offensive zone. We need more offense from our d-core. That's what helped us make the playoffs.
Petrovic, he was the man for Horachek in SA.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
if either of them hit free agency, I would bet stastny and setoguchi would be players tallon would target.
Seto feels like cheechoo 2.0 with his ever declining numbers, but I really wouldnt mind giving him a 2-3 yr deal a 4.5m.

If there is a chance, I would think they pursue vanek as well, but I dont think we're close enough to become a contender for someone like him to sign with us just yet.

I really hope we dont sell off everybody again this season, I've had enough of those seasons. Dont give up until the last game is played.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Petrovic, he was the man for Horachek in SA.

petrovic is not ready for NHL-duty. Next year, maybe, but i'd rather have him down at 3rd pairing to start with

if either of them hit free agency, I would bet stastny and setoguchi would be players tallon would target.
Seto feels like cheechoo 2.0 with his ever declining numbers, but I really wouldnt mind giving him a 2-3 yr deal a 4.5m.

If there is a chance, I would think they pursue vanek as well, but I dont think we're close enough to become a contender for someone like him to sign with us just yet.

I really hope we dont sell off everybody again this season, I've had enough of those seasons. Dont give up until the last game is played.

cheechoo blew out both his knees and cant skate like he used to, thats why he's not as good anymore. statsny would cripple our center depth for a long time, even if i dont mind bjugstad at #3, i don't think statsny will sign a short deal enough for bjugstad to not become leagues best #3C

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Anyone be interested in throwing an offer sheet to PK Subban this summer? I would. I think he would tear it up under Horachek and is exactly what we need for our PP. I know that would put some of the young guns at risk (Huberdeau especially) but fortune favors the bold. We supposedly have an owner with deep pockets so we'd be able to match most and have plenty of cap room. And I'm guessing PK is looking to get paid given this past offseason.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
petrovic is not ready for NHL-duty. Next year, maybe, but i'd rather have him down at 3rd pairing to start with

cheechoo blew out both his knees and cant skate like he used to, thats why he's not as good anymore. statsny would cripple our center depth for a long time, even if i dont mind bjugstad at #3, i don't think statsny will sign a short deal enough for bjugstad to not become leagues best #3C

That's what I meant, I think Petro is ready or at worst right inbetween.

Agree on Stas. Barkov will be a bona-fide 1C next season barring a big injury. Goc is the ideal 3C to resign, hope he wants to stay.

As far as targets I want to see Moulsen the most. He looks like everything we need on Barkov's wing. We also need a RW, Callahan or Vrbata are my two main picks. I think Vrbata is more realistic though.

On D Girardi looks like the most ideal fit to pair with Soup. As goalies go, see if Thomas wants one more year, if not then Hiller. Need someone who can carry stretches and give Markstrom starts.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Campbell - Girardi
Gudbranson - Olsen
Kulikov - Weaver

Not bad..

Doubt Kulikov is here next year, if we sign a guy like Girardi.

I think Tallon is taking the same approach with Kulikov like he did with Frolik.
Unsure if Kulikov is worth more money as an upcoming RFA.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Anyone be interested in throwing an offer sheet to PK Subban this summer? I would. I think he would tear it up under Horachek and is exactly what we need for our PP. I know that would put some of the young guns at risk (Huberdeau especially) but fortune favors the bold. We supposedly have an owner with deep pockets so we'd be able to match most and have plenty of cap room. And I'm guessing PK is looking to get paid given this past offseason.

PK Subban by himself with a top goaltender in free agency would make us a playoff team. No more last place powerplay and last place penalty kill. Campbell again would be amongst league leaders in points for a defenseman and Subban would make everyone better by getting pucks to the net and rebounds will be a plenty for everyone. I'd do anything and everything to get a player like that. We need just about everything in free agency but PK Subban would be a huge upgrade here but that's a long shot of course but I'd definetely try!

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
PK Subban by himself with a top goaltender in free agency would make us a playoff team. No more last place powerplay and last place penalty kill. Campbell again would be amongst league leaders in points for a defenseman and Subban would make everyone better by getting pucks to the net and rebounds will be a plenty for everyone. I'd do anything and everything to get a player like that. We need just about everything in free agency but PK Subban would be a huge upgrade here but that's a long shot of course but I'd definetely try!

yep

soupy-subban would be a LEGIT top pairing, maybe one of the best in the league actually. got everything

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It'll be in the 4 first round pick range, in order to think about signing PK.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
i think thats too high of a price to pay.

i would rather sign guys like Girardi and Andrew MacDonald

Last edited:

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
Watching Ducks again. Get Cogliano from the 2014 UFA crop, guy has some serious jets and is starting to score in the league. Only 26 years old too.

Yes. Cogliano is amazing. That said he also should be Ducks' priority signing but there's hope (for other teams) that he wants more money than Ducks are willing to pay, and hitting UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad