Pre-Game Talk: 2013-2014 Training Camp/Preseason Discussion Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewbackatu*

And here's their season stats from last year:

48 games. 44 points.

48 games. 37 points.

Guess who's who

Like it or not, Couture is a much better player than Stepan will ever be!
Just to piss you off further, here is a list of center I would take over Stepan right now and going forward:

Crosby
Malkin
Bergeron
Krejci
Giroux
LeCavalier
Plekanec
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
E Staal
J Staal
J Skinner
Spezza
Elias
Backstrom
Tavares
Stamkos
Sedin
Kessler
M Koivu
Thornton
Pavelski
Couture
Kopitar
J Carter
Backes
Toews
Getzlaf
Duchene
ROR
Benn
Sequin

Stepan rates just outside the top 25 at the center position.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
it was assumed you're a devils fan because you're from jersey and you're username is Clowe

it seems you thought clowe would actually stay in new york

I know at least one person on here went out and bought a NYR clowe jersey. I feel bad for that man, but, not that bad.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Here are things that have more mass than a 50g ball:

A 51g ball
A 52g ball
A 53g ball
A 98g ball
A 103g ball

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Just to piss you off further, here is a list of center I would take over Stepan right now and going forward:
Kopitar
J Carter

Sequin

Don't believe they typically play center. I thought Boston played Seguin on the wing more but Dallas might be moving him back to center where he played prior to his NHL career?

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
No, because of your username. You've now not picked up on the exact same obvious joke twice.

The Devils franchise player is Andy Greene. Is he better than Stepan by default too?

I'd beg to differ that Andy Greene is their franchise player, still trying to figure out if there's humor in that statement or not but since you were voted funniest poster I guess I should already know the answer......or this board just ain't funny:sarcasm:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Crosby
Malkin
Bergeron
Krejci
Giroux
LeCavalier
Plekanec
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
E Staal
J Staal
J Skinner
Spezza
Elias
Backstrom
Tavares
Stamkos
Sedin
Kessler
M Koivu
Thornton
Pavelski
Couture
Kopitar
J Carter
Backes
Toews
Getzlaf
Duchene
ROR
Benn
Sequin

Good to see your debating techniques haven't changed.

Skinner, Pavelski, and Carter don't play center. You'd think someone as experienced as you wouldn't make such a mistake.

And if there are only 25 centers ahead of Stepan, doesn't that make him a first line center.

Drewbackatu*

I thought you were in bed, Devils fan.

And that's a ****** means of evaluation. The Rangers are a lot better than all of those teams.

The Rangers may not be better than the Sharks!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Crosby
Malkin
Bergeron
Krejci
Giroux
LeCavalier
Plekanec
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
E Staal
J Staal
J Skinner
Spezza
Elias
Backstrom
Tavares
Stamkos
Sedin
Kessler
M Koivu
Thornton
Pavelski
Couture
Kopitar
J Carter
Backes
Toews
Getzlaf
Duchene
ROR
Benn
Sequin

I'm just convinced at this point that you hate Stepan. You'd take Elias over Stepan at this point this point? Seriously?

Drewbackatu*

Don't believe they typically play center. I thought Boston played Seguin on the wing more but Dallas might be moving him back to center where he played prior to his NHL career?

He did play a lot of wing last year but his rightful position is center.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
As for my user name I'm also a Clowe fan, been watching the Sharks for many years. Brother in law is a die hard Sharks fan so Clowe has been a personal favorite. Also explains why I'm so dead set that Couture is better than Stepan

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The Rangers may not be better than the Sharks!

Talking about franchise players, you're ignoring a Thornton and Pavelski and a Marleau so I assumed you are talking about young players. If we were to exclude Nash, Lundqvist, and McDonagh, then Stepan would also be our franchise player.

Drewbackatu*

Good to see your debating techniques haven't changed.

Skinner, Pavelski, and Carter don't play center. You'd think someone as experienced as you wouldn't make such a mistake.

And if there are only 25 centers ahead of Stepan, doesn't that make him a first line center.

They are centers by trade; Pavelski has played a lot of wing as has Skinner. Btw, don't be too surprised if Stepan ends up on the wing one day soon if he doesn't make a quantum leap in his faceoff %.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Talking about franchise players, you're ignoring a Thornton and Pavelski and a Marleau so I assumed you are talking about young players. If we were to exclude Nash, Lundqvist, and McDonagh, then Stepan would also be our franchise player.

No. It's Kreider. He puts up points in the playoffs

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008

Actually most sharks fans would say Couture and Burns are the franchise players over the afore mentioned.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Actually most sharks fans would say Couture and Burns are the franchise players over the afore mentioned.

I know but I'm saying he's ignoring the better all timers on the team and putting Couture on a pedestal.

Likewise, outside of a legend in Henrik, our franchise players are Step and McD.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'd beg to differ that Andy Greene is their franchise player
Obviously. But the point is being a franchise player is dependent on the quality of talent around you, and is hence a terrible method for comparing two players. I feel strongly that Evgeni Malkin is a better player than Logan Couture. Do you?

you were voted funniest poster
icon_bashful.gif

How embarrassing. I don't like to mention that much.

Here are things that have more mass than a 50g ball:

A 51g ball
A 52g ball
A 53g ball
A 98g ball
A 103g ball
That's like, your opinion, man.

Drewbackatu*

I'm just convinced at this point that you hate Stepan. You'd take Elias over Stepan at this point this point? Seriously?

Obviously not going forward but Elias has produced more the past 3 years and he is still a much better player than Stepan is right now.
Btw, if you want to look more at "going forward", I would add Huberdeau to my list as well. His upside is way above Stepan's and no, I don't hate Stepan!

Drewbackatu*

I definitely agree with you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad