Speculation: 2013/2014 Trade Speculation (All Players) | Part VII |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Baid-Aid Bennett slayed me, I must admit. Made it worth browsing through some posts tonight.

Adams/Adamantium isn't a coincidence either.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Yep. Asking for something and getting it are two different things. They won't get that for Kane. I don't think they'll trade him either. Really no reason to given his age and upside.

Yeah, why would any team want to give up 2 top 6'ers? If they come out ahead trading away 2 top 6'ers, odds are the guys they are trading aren't really top 6'ers.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
That one is definitely going to stick.

EfmhnlG.jpg

Fire Shero*

Wow not the response I was expecting for band-aid Bennett. Maybe you all aren't all as constipated as I thought.

KHstrike

Apr 23, 2012
I would honestly be shocked if Shero made a big deal this long before the deadline. With all the pieces healthy, he wants to see what they look like. There will be no legit top 6 forward available without paying a steep cost. Ray doesn't want to do that without being sure a guy like Bennett isn't the exact guy they would want.

I'd hate to lose Maatta for anything, but I get the feeling he'll be the starting point for any big time trade.

Fire Shero*

I would honestly be shocked if Shero made a big deal this long before the deadline. With all the pieces healthy, he wants to see what they look like. There will be no legit top 6 forward available without paying a steep cost. Ray doesn't want to do that without being sure a guy like Bennett isn't the exact guy they would want.

I'd hate to lose Maatta for anything, but I get the feeling he'll be the starting point for any big time trade.

When is Bennett due back from his latest injury? How many games will he play before the deadline? It can't be many. I don't think we will have the luxury of knowing how well he clicks until after the deadline.

I think it's a huge gamble to assume he can play well with Sid and Koon.

There's still a huge hole on genos line as well. Not an ideal situation. This is why you need to be far proactive in the off-season.

Forwards are pretty healthy minus Megna and Bennett. Do you feel comfortable with either in the top 6?

Michael8771*

Not necessarily

Michael8771*

From what RS said today Bennet won't be back till late FEB. No way to definitively know if he'll be a regular in the top six..

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Ryan O’Reilly really does fit the Pens. He somehow managed to injure himself the other night during a goal celebration and is now day to day. Not quite a wiffle ball injury but it was still very Pens-esque.

[NHL]2013020646-569-h[/NHL]

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I listened to that interview. He didn't say anything about Beau.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I just checked every beat writer's twitter feed, and no one mentioned anything about it.

I've gone through twitter and tumblr and there's nothing on it, I feel like one of the two would have freaked out about it. Google gave nothing of any worth after a quick search.

Acquired info:
Someone saw Bennett walking on the 7th, so he's alive, and apparently he'll be at some type of M&G on the 18th, guaranteed pics of cast or no cast. Shero and co. saw Jarry play today. Crosby was out in Edmonton so he's walking.

I listened to that interview. He didn't say anything about Beau.

Thanks, Fordy. So is that for sure what was being referenced?

:shakehead:help:

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
If nothing new has been reported on Beau then he is expected back late January, probably the 20th against Florida at the earliest.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I've gone through twitter and tumblr and there's nothing on it, I feel like one of the two would have freaked out about it. Google gave nothing of any worth after a quick search.

Acquired info:
Someone saw Bennett walking on the 7th, so he's alive, and apparently he'll be at some type of M&G on the 18th, guaranteed pics of cast or no cast. Shero and co. saw Jarry play today. Crosby was out in Edmonton so he's walking.

The almost exact quote in reference to Bennett playing on Crosby's line was: "We'll see where he is when he gets back. He's missed a lot of hockey, obviously but we hope to get him back before or right after the Olympic break. So that's the good news, he will be back, it's not season ending or anything like. But I think where Beau was playing before his injury, when he was playing his best hockey, was two or three games with Sidney and Chris Kunitz and that line was playing pretty well. So we'll wait and see what happens, a lot can happen between now and the time, we're on a game-to-game basis, when Beau gets back. But he certainly has the talent to play at a higher level for us and a higher role, and you know he found that a little bit last year. With the injury this year he hasn't been able to get it yet, but he'll be given an opportunity to come back and certainly help our lineup and hope that's going to happen."

So basically he just restated the original time table.

Although I'm not quite sure what he was referencing with the "game-to-game" basis. Is he saying that Bennett's return is game-to-game at this point while we wait for him to gain enough strength in his wrist or is he saying the lineup in general is changing at a game-to-game basis?

I'm fairly certain that Bennett's cast will be off by the 18th if it isn't already. We probably won't hear anything about him until the team comes home.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Band-Aid Bennett? I don't read this thread for most of the day and that's what I see trending in this thread...wtf?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Trading Oli Maata talk is like the Markus Naslund trade talk of 1996. Pass!!!!!!!!!;)

Yeah reading people throwing Maatta in a trade is annoying, same for Despres. I mean unless someone like Okposo or Johansen, or someone like that is coming back, but that's not happening at all so no.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The almost exact quote in reference to Bennett playing on Crosby's line was: "We'll see where he is when he gets back. He's missed a lot of hockey, obviously but we hope to get him back before or right after the Olympic break. So that's the good news, he will be back, it's not season ending or anything like. But I think where Beau was playing before his injury, when he was playing his best hockey, was two or three games with Sidney and Chris Kunitz and that line was playing pretty well. So we'll wait and see what happens, a lot can happen between now and the time, we're on a game-to-game basis, when Beau gets back. But he certainly has the talent to play at a higher level for us and a higher role, and you know he found that a little bit last year. With the injury this year he hasn't been able to get it yet, but he'll be given an opportunity to come back and certainly help our lineup and hope that's going to happen."

So basically he just restated the original time table.

Although I'm not quite sure what he was referencing with the "game-to-game" basis. Is he saying that Bennett's return is game-to-game at this point while we wait for him to gain enough strength in his wrist or is he saying the lineup in general is changing at a game-to-game basis?

I'm fairly certain that Bennett's cast will be off by the 18th if it isn't already. We probably won't hear anything about him until the team comes home.

Good old Waffles coming through. I'm not sure if he's saying that they're going to assess the need to acquire a winger on a game to game basis now or when Bennett is back. Maybe both? :dunno:

Well then people here can pretend to be doctors and analyze his wrist while others complain about that happening.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Trading Oli Maata talk is like the Markus Naslund trade talk of 1996. Pass!!!!!!!!!;)

If it gets you a good winger for Crosby you trade him. You aint getting **** for Orpik and the other junk of the roster. I rather have Crosby's Neal then keep stocking up on D. This teams easily better with Crosbys Neal. This teams also better if it was built around Crosby/Malkin from the beginning.

Michael8771*

If it gets you a good winger for Crosby you trade him. You aint getting **** for Orpik and the other junk of the roster. I rather have Crosby's Neal then keep stocking up on D. This teams easily better with Crosbys Neal. This teams also better if it was built around Crosby/Malkin from the beginning.
Absolutely, Geno and Sid are our two greatest assets. Insulating them and providing them with the best linemates makes the most sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad