Speculation: 2013/2014 Trade Speculation (All Players) | Part VI | Wanted: Replacement for Dupuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pens should extend Bortuzzo for cheap like they did w engelland

Not sure Bortuzzo would have much motivation to re-sign with the Penguins without some playing time guarantees. He's too good to sit, and it looks like he's about to sit again.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Eakins strikes me as the type of dude who gives motivational self help seminars and is real intense about virtually everything. I'm wondering if his shtick is something young kids buy into but something more mature, less influenced players kind of shake there head at after a while.

I hate to put the guy down, I may be off base too. Whatever. Just calling it as I see it.

Regardless, we have D, they need D. I think Yakupov is worth the risk. Get him under the wing of someone like Malkin. Kid needs a mentor, not coach Dr. Phil.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with this. Yakupov softer style of play doesn't quite fit the Penguins system. Nor is that what we need on Malkin's wing. Unless Yakupov and Malkin show such amazing chemistry that you can give Neal to Sid. Even in that case we still need a third wheel.

I would never do a 1:1 trade for Yakupov and Letang. Established, elite #1 PMD vs a recent #1 overall who's been getting scratched on the worst team in the league. Tough to determine what else would make the deal equal. Eberle for Letang makes more sense.

If I'm Edmonton I'd make two quantity for quality trades with Eberle and Yakupov. Each of those guys can bring back a good 2nd line wing and a dman. Maybe even a prospect. If you can get back a good wing, a capable 3C, and 2 solid dmen...they would be much better off .

Examples from the Trade Board (not advocating or saying they are realistic, just examples):

Eberle

for

Abdelkader, Justin
Mantha, Anthony
2014 2nd round pick

and

Yakupov Hemsky and Smid to Philadelphia for Schenn Simmonds and Coburn

Problem is they don't view something like that as progress. They'd rather have their 4 stars and 0 Cups.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
While I'm more open to the thought of Hemsky than I once was, I don't think he is what the team needs. The top 6 needs a player who could be strong on the forechecking and take the puck to the net with authority. I would be stoked to see one of Winnipeg's wingers (Kane, Ladd, or Wheeler) in a Pens jersey, but I don't think it will happen. The price is likely too high, but... Shero is not afraid to make big trades, and things can change.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
5vtvi.jpg

I find it rather amusing that when Bylsma decided to try out Engelland at forward, there was a fair amount of complaints around here about how bad of a coach Bylsma was to try that in the first place. Now that Engelland has looked good at forward, people complain that Bylsma wouldn't possibly continue to use him there... even though Bylsma immediately slid Engelland back to forward at the first opportunity to do so (given that they wanted to give Maatta a game off after some rough games).

At this point, the hyperbole about how bad of a coach Bylsma is has reached self-parody :lol:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't deal Letang for Yakupov straight up either, but I'm quite confident in saying Edmonton would offer us more than Yakupov for Letang. They're a train wreck right now.

Eberle would be great, as well. Hall is untouchable, in all likelihood. Ditto the Nuge. Hemsky I wouldn't touch. No more Jussi Jokinen's, please.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I find it rather amusing that when Bylsma decided to try out Engelland at forward, there was a fair amount of complaints around here about how bad of a coach Bylsma was to try that in the first place. Now that Engelland has looked good at forward, people complain that Bylsma wouldn't possibly continue to use him there... even though Bylsma immediately slid Engelland back to forward at the first opportunity to do so (given that they wanted to give Maatta a game off after some rough games).

At this point, the hyperbole about how bad of a coach Bylsma is has reached self-parody :lol:

Engelland was well down the list of Bylsma muck-ups. Not hyberbole, just some people need better glasses to see.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA

Maybe the 17th opportunity. We are constantly benching young good d-men & our forwards even when healthy are sub par in the bottom 6. As soon as it became apparent Engelland was better at forward that's where he should have been playing.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

I will agree with your point and concede that you're 100% right.

As soon as you show me how this was his first opportunity to move him back.

I'll wait.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

People were mad that he was playing over Menga, not that he was playing at all.

And DB should have put him there instead of scratching Olli and Des so this is not the "first opportunity to slide him back there".

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
People were mad that he was playing over Menga, not that he was playing at all.

And DB should have put him there instead of scratching Olli and Des so this is not the "first opportunity to slide him back there".

Maatta wasn't scratched just to be scratched, he was scratched because he has played more hockey in such a short amount of time ever in his career. I could argue he could use a week more away from the game to recharge the batteries. This is not a punishment it's a necessity. Despres has looked great coming in fresh.

Then a couple bodies come back. Orpik/Scuderi.

Not everything DB does is him out to getting the young defenders, holding them back.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For no rumors, we are just FIRING through these threads. :laugh: I cannot wait til the first time Eklund or TIOPS throws us a bone for hits. Mega-hits.

It's about time to get a new thread started, eh?

Michael8771*

For no rumors, we are just FIRING through these threads. :laugh: I cannot wait til the first time Eklund or TIOPS throws us a bone for hits. Mega-hits.

It's about time to get a new thread started, eh?
Actually, both Eklund and TIOPS did mention the Pens looking at players. Moulson and the Pens per exlund, TIOPS linked us with the Jets.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...ooking-for-Help-Brodeur-Market-Coming/1/56914

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/s...nder-kane-can-be-had-ladd-a-top-target/62734/

There you go.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maatta wasn't scratched just to be scratched, he was scratched because he has played more hockey in such a short amount of time ever in his career. I could argue he could use a week more away from the game to recharge the batteries. This is not a punishment it's a necessity. Despres has looked great coming in fresh.

Then a couple bodies come back. Orpik/Scuderi.

Not everything DB does is him out to getting the young defenders, holding them back.

If it wasn't going to cause Dumoulin to play, Engelland should have been playing forward. If Bortuzzo was sitting, we were making a mistake playing Engelland on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad