Speculation: 2013/2014 Trade Speculation (All Players) | Part VI | Wanted: Replacement for Dupuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
No thanks but I love Despres.

Yeah i figured some people wouldn't want to trade Despres for him, i think Palmieri will develop into a really good 1st line winger, hes not there yet, but hes still good, he could still help the pens right now though, but hes not a finished product yet.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
so your mind was made up already? If he played like ****, you'd say well its DB's fault. He's playing well but its DB's fault thats hes not playing even better?

I guess, if you wanna put it like that.

I had my mind made up that if you jerk a player around, bench him for lesser players, cut his PP and PK time, and send him to the minors in favor of lesser players his development is gonna be Pejorative Slured.

Des playing well now doesn't make what DB has done to him over the past 2 years good player development.

Fire Shero*

Disco gets a chub coaching these forwards. He's coaching the top team in the eastern conference but somehow the forwards consist of absolute garbage minus Sutter, Crosby, Neal and Koon. It's like coaching 8 of himself out there. Sweet.

Then he gets to then coach team USA and can bring his boys Orpik and Martin.

In the end, it will be a pretty great year for him, even after the pens get eliminated in the second round and team USA fails to medal. You can't get to your game every game and you can't always get all of the bounces.

Michael8771*

Disco gets a chub coaching these forwards. He's coaching the top team in the eastern conference but somehow the forwards consist of absolute garbage minus Sutter, Crosby, Neal and Koon. It's like coaching 8 of himself out there. Sweet.

In the end, it will be a pretty great year for him, even after the pens get eliminated in the second round and team USA fails to medal. You can't get to your game every game and you can't always get all of the bounces.
That sounds rather ominous.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

:(

I can't remember who wrote it...some Pit Sports Hack...but he suggested that the team would trade the likes of Letang and even Malkin to fix the team before making a coaching change.

I know its just a dumb article that can't be validated...but it made me so sad because I know its probably true.

Fire Shero*

I would be all in favor of trading him if DP was significantly closer to becoming a full time nhl player. None of our other dmen prospects poses any threat of offense.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Letang for Eberle, then Letang asks for a trade and his trade value is less. :laugh:

That team is terrifyingly bad. They got outworked on a 6 on 3 tonight (one which Yakupov was not a part of despite being one of their better forwards tonight). To use the words of Burke, I don't think anyone on that team can spell the word 'intense.'

Letang isn't going to fix their problems, and I honestly would feel bad for sending him there :laugh:

Eberle didn't play tonight, but he's been underwhelming in games I've seen this season. Sure that could be the product of playing on a very bad team, but I don't know if he's a guy that I'd trade our #1 dman for.

He's incredibly skilled, but does he have the work ethic or board play to play alongside Crosby?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That team is terrifyingly bad. They got outworked on a 6 on 3 tonight (one which Yakupov was not a part of despite being one of their better forwards tonight). To use the words of Burke, I don't think anyone on that team can spell the word 'intense.'

Letang isn't going to fix their problems, and I honestly would feel bad for sending him there :laugh:

Eberle didn't play tonight, but he's been underwhelming in games I've seen this season. Sure that could be the product of playing on a very bad team, but I don't know if he's a guy that I'd trade our #1 dman for.

He's incredibly skilled, but does he have the work ethic or board play to play alongside Crosby?

With Kunitz on the other side, I don't think that's a huge issue. Eberle's hockey IQ and clinical finish would be huge for us. And dat RH shot.

I want to give BB a chance on Sid's RW, but if Eberle's available for anything short of Letang, I'm all ears.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I am praying that Engo proves to be a valuable forward.

5vtvi.jpg

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
With Kunitz on the other side, I don't think that's a huge issue. Eberle's hockey IQ and clinical finish would be huge for us. And dat RH shot.

I want to give BB a chance on Sid's RW, but if Eberle's available for anything short of Letang, I'm all ears.

Last season didn't Bylsma nix KCN after 2.5 games when Malkin was out simply because Neal was playing lazy though?

As far as the bolded, are you saying that you agree that you wouldn't do a Letang for Eberle swap?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Last season didn't Bylsma nix KCN after 2.5 games when Malkin was out simply because Neal was playing lazy though?

As far as the bolded, are you saying that you agree that you wouldn't do a Letang for Eberle swap?

Yeah, I wouldn't do Letang for Eberle. As for DB, I don't know if he took Neal off Sid's line for laziness. The two just didn't show much chemistry right away and Dupes was still around and productive.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

I don't think Eberle is available, even for Letang. I think that they see him as a part of their core and aside from that, they don't really know what they need to address. As far as effort, what players do in Edmonton probably isn't the most reflective of what they would do elsewhere.

Eberle hurt his knee against San Jose... maybe Shero could get him after all, he's an honourary Pen.

:laugh: That's probably sadly accurate.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, I wouldn't do Letang for Eberle. As for DB, I don't know if he took Neal off Sid's line for laziness. The two just didn't show much chemistry right away and Dupes was still around and productive.

Eh. I was at the Tampa game and they were fantastic. The next game I think Neal scored the only goal he had the entire time Geno was out, and then they were broken up sometime during the third game. But that's a little off topic.

As far as Eberle goes, I also don't really see Shero trading for him. He doesn't strike me as his type of player, especially considering the likely cost.

I don't think Eberle is available, even for Letang. I think that they see him as a part of their core and aside from that, they don't really know what they need to address. As far as effort, what players do in Edmonton probably isn't the most reflective of what they would do elsewhere.

I think Edmonton will have an issue trading any of their players for big returns. Everyone just looks so bad there and it's probably hurting their value around the league. Because of that, those guys are probably more valuable to just keep. The problem then becomes that they can't improve without making any moves. It's an interesting situation.

I wouldn't... Now a Eberle + for Letang I would listen to.

I guess it depends on the plus. Obviously we aren't getting their first, and they don't really have any forward prospects of note. I suppose their second is basically a late first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad