Proposal: 2013-2014 Trade Deadline Talk - Part Deux - Kane, Wheeler & Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Anyone who expects us to make a trade any time soon is going to be sorely disappointed I feel. I don't think we'll make any moves until just after Olympics at the earliest.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone who expects us to make a trade any time soon is going to be sorely disappointed I feel. I don't think we'll make any moves until just after Olympics at the earliest.

I can wait if the first one is a coaching change.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
That won't happen either though and you know it. We're going to be waiting for a move to happen or a coaching change to take place but we're going to be disappointed until after the play-offs at the earliest.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
There's no way of knowing when a trade will happen. It's a safe bet one won't happen soon because Shero has rarely made trade acquisitions early in the season IIRC. The only early season acquisition I can remember is acquiring Boucher for Sydor in November a few years ago and that only happened because Sydor wanted out. The only head coach he fired was MT and that was in a February. Safe to say Shero is the patient type for better or worse.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That won't happen either though and you know it. We're going to be waiting for a move to happen or a coaching change to take place but we're going to be disappointed until after the play-offs at the earliest.

1. I know that.

2. You suck for reminding me. :D

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There's no way of knowing when a trade will happen. It's a safe bet one won't happen soon because Shero has rarely made trade acquisitions early in the season IIRC. The only early season acquisition I can remember is acquiring Boucher for Sydor in November a few years ago and that only happened because Sydor wanted out. The only head coach he fired was MT and that was in a February. Safe to say Shero is the patient type for better or worse.

'Patient', I gather, is code for 'risk averse'.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Unrealistic now. He could´ve been signed in the offseason, though. And for cheaper contract than Dupuis´. Well, we have to play with what we have now, Shero will be patient for sure.

Someone here, I'm going to say Jiggy but I'm not 100% sure, cited at last year's trade deadline MacArthur as the type of under the radar move who would've been the perfect RW for Sid and Kunitz, a guy who has nice hands in the dirty areas and can make some skilled plays.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Someone here, I'm going to say Jiggy but I'm not 100% sure, cited at last year's trade deadline MacArthur as the type of under the radar move who would've been the perfect RW for Sid and Kunitz, a guy who has nice hands in the dirty areas and can make some skilled plays.
And you know what? He was available for quite some time this offseason and if I remember correctly, there was also a rumor in EDM´s radio about Pens being interested in him. I really wanted him after hearing that rumor. I went to bed and on the other day I woke up with the news of Pascal Dupuis´ extension....

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And you know what? He was available for quite some time this offseason and if I remember correctly, there was also a rumor in EDM´s radio about Pens being interested in him. I really wanted him after hearing that rumor. I went to bed and on the other day I woke up with the news of Pascal Dupuis´ extension....

If the Pens had given what they gave last year for Iginla and Morrow, then . . .

(a) Toronto likely bites if that's offered for MacArthur and Kulemin
(b) A top nine of Kunitz-Sid-MacArthur, Kulemin-Geno-Neal, and Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis would've been pretty ******* tough for Boston to handle.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If the Pens had given what they gave last year for Iginla and Morrow, then . . .

(b) A top nine of Kunitz-Sid-MacArthur, Kulemin-Geno-Neal, and Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis would've been pretty ******* tough for Boston to handle.
:cry: We wouldn´t have a cap space to keep it together, though. But Shero really should´ve gone after MacArthur instead of Dupuis this offseason. Cheaper, younger, better, more skilled.. MacArthur-Turris-Ryan is a treat to watch, that line is amazing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:cry: We wouldn´t have a cap space to keep it together, though. But Shero really should´ve gone after MacArthur instead of Dupuis this offseason. Cheaper, younger, better, more skilled.. MacArthur-Turris-Ryan is a treat to watch, that line is amazing.

But, but, but . . . we're a family. And, in the Pens family, the only way you leave is if you price yourself out or tell Ray Shero you want to leave.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
But, but, but . . . we're a family. And, in the Pens family, the only way you leave is if you price yourself out or tell Ray Shero you want to leave.

Its like the godfather. Once you're in, you're in for life unless you go against the family and then you are "cut loose."

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Its like the godfather. Once you're in, you're in for life unless you go against the family and then you are "cut loose."

Wrong.

In The Godfather, people like Paulie got whacked.

In The Penguins, people like Paulie get 15 million and an unalterable promise to play with Sidney Crosby.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Just when I thought Bylsma was out... they gave him an extension!

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013

Not that I disagree with this, but in this scenario Boston gets Iginla. The question is does the upgrade of MacArthur and Kulemin to the Pens bring them first to the level of the Bruins as they were, and then to the level they'd be at with Iginla. I'd say yes, but it's definitely not a sure thing.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I see a very minor trade before the year is over, but nothing significant outside of that. Even at the deadline, I think Ray maybe adds a veteran, that's about it.

I honestly don't care anymore about being all "omg, I wonder what Ray is gonna do!" with trades and the deadline.

All I want is a winger that was drafted that can actually be a top 6 winger and not be freaking injured every season. I like Beau, but damn man, kid needs to eat his Wheaties. Tom Kunhnhackl should also maybe learn what playmaking is and google what a consistent game is as well, that's the only thing I give a **** about at this point. I don't care about the Dupers situation, seems pointless to type about a guy whose situation will not change with the PEns.

Last edited:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I'd like to see Niskanen for a big third liner. Maybe Engelland for a proper 4th liner.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Wrong.

In The Godfather, people like Paulie got whacked.

In The Penguins, people like Paulie get 15 million and an unalterable promise to play with Sidney Crosby.

Eh I tried. The Godfather was on TV and I thought I saw a good opportunity.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wish we had a Kreider or a Lee in our system...a big body that can skate and score.

But, no...stock pile defense then trade them for geezers!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just about every team in the NHL would love to get their hands on Kane, whom Cheveldayoff would move, but it would take a significant offer to pry him from the Jets -- it's believed the starting price includes two top-six forwards, a top prospect and a top draft pick.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/wpg131127.html

Dupuis
Jokinen
Dumoulin
1st

Yeah?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Just about every team in the NHL would love to get their hands on Kane, whom Cheveldayoff would move, but it would take a significant offer to pry him from the Jets -- it's believed the starting price includes two top-six forwards, a top prospect and a top draft pick.

Dupuis
Jokinen
Dumoulin
1st

Yeah?

mkcLVcG.jpg

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Dupuis
Jokinen
Dumoulin
1st

Yeah?

if they would accept that you take it, run, and understand that you will never do business with that GM again. Likely because he will be out of a job soon after :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad