2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Maloney is the type to have over analyzed every option a half dozen times rather than simply overlook something. For all we know, they have dirt on Heatley from the coaching ranks. Or Prospal doesn't want to get off his ass and is enjoying retirement. Or, if you believe a certain obnoxious blogger, they are in the running for Grabovski.

A "trade for Vanek plz!" tweet won't do much good.

A lot of "I'd be more comfortable spending money on season tickets if the roster had another scoring forward like Maloney wants" tweets might sway someone.

I'm honestly more worried about the total lack of marketing than anything else at this point.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I really hope this ownership group doesn't take to making decisions based on how loudly people beg for it on Twitter.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Looks like we can cross Grabovski off our list - he's rumored to sign with the Caps today. Trade for a top 6 forward or bust now, haha.

EDIT: Murray was also signed by the Habs, so that likely removes one potential trade partner for Klesla.

Theres still a couple guys out there. Brunner to be exact. He'll score in bunches and help win some games. He got better defensively as the year went along and he simply either got bad advice from his agent or overplayed his hand with the Wings. He does score though and can play good top six minutes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Theres still a couple guys out there. Brunner to be exact. He'll score in bunches and help win some games. He got better defensively as the year went along and he simply either got bad advice from his agent or overplayed his hand with the Wings. He does score though and can play good top six minutes.

Even if we move Klesla for a pick, the most we can spend on a forward is 2.5 million. And that's if Boedker agrees to a heavily backloaded deal. I really, really doubt we can afford Brunner.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe there's a team that will try to slip someone through waivers at the start of the year. If we're trying out Brule, Miele, Yip, Brown and McMillan for two spots and there's a better player in waivers, they'll just pick them up.

Are there any teams with too many forwards to start the year?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Guys is Gromley gonna play on the Yotes this year?

We have too much of a log-jam on D right now, because we have 9 defensemen on 1-way contracts. Of those 9 defensemen OEL, Yandle, Klesla, Schlemko and Summers all shoot left, which pushes Gormley down the depth chart. Even if we trade 1 of our defensemen this year, it's likely Gormley will only see NHL action in the event that we have multiple injuries on the blue-line simultaneously.

Karlkarotte

Jul 24, 2013
We have too much of a log-jam on D right now, because we have 9 defensemen on 1-way contracts. Of those 9 defensemen OEL, Yandle, Klesla, Schlemko and Summers all shoot left, which pushes Gormley down the depth chart. Even if we trade 1 of our defensemen this year, it's likely Gormley will only see NHL action in the event that we have multiple injuries on the blue-line simultaneously.

Im going to respectfully disagree. I think Gormley will start in the A, but will earn a call up during the season due to his play, during which I think he will show he deserves a spot on the team and force a trade to make room. He knows this is a really important season to make the team as a regular.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I started to say "but Adam Henrique is better than Mikkel Boedker"

Then I looked at the facts and stats again, and there's little evidence to support that.

Guaranteeing $24m to a guy who has 32 NHL goals??? :facepalm:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I started to say "but Adam Henrique is better than Mikkel Boedker"

Then I looked at the facts and stats again, and there's little evidence to support that.

Guaranteeing $24m to a guy who has 32 NHL goals??? :facepalm:

Dey call it "Potential". If Henrique doesn't improve as expected it's going to be a dreadful contract.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Where do you guys see Boedker fitting in? Will he play with Ribiero? Will he play first pp? I am a big fan, and too be honest have him in two keeper leagues and im debating on whether to protect him or not.

Karlkarotte

Jul 24, 2013
if boedker has a 4 mil average i hope its over at least 6 years. I love bods, and my ideal contract would be 3 mil over six years but as long as he sings by next week im haopz

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
if boedker has a 4 mil average i hope its over at least 6 years. I love bods, and my ideal contract would be 3 mil over six years but as long as he sings by next week im haopz
Why would Mikkel Boedker singing make you haopz?

I want no part of 6 years for Boedker at that price -- I don't have $24m worth of faith in his development.

Offer sheet compensation right now is $3,364,392+ for a 1st and a 3rd. I would be surprised if anyone offered $3.4m, but I'd take the picks immediately and use the cash elsewhere in the market.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Why would Mikkel Boedker singing make you haopz?

I want no part of 6 years for Boedker at that price -- I don't have $24m worth of faith in his development.

Offer sheet compensation right now is $3,364,392+ for a 1st and a 3rd. I would be surprised if anyone offered $3.4m, but I'd take the picks immediately and use the cash elsewhere in the market.

I bet Dave Fester would be the 1st to try to offer Boedker a sheet as he did with ROR.

Win a cup and still get the 1st overall pick. Now that's what I call

6a015431fc4e55970c017ee5e35b15970d-800wi

Karlkarotte

Jul 24, 2013
michael is worth more than a 1st and a 3rd. hes never played with a legit 1st line center. I heard verrry good things about him in finland during the lockout. he will be very good this year. im calling a 50 point season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad