2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yandle went from a must trade to a must have midway through last year for me.

He was really bipolar last season. First month was just terrible. Possibly the worst he's been since he was a rookie. Then the last month and a half was nearly back in his 2010-11 form.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
The first half of the season he was awful, he made so many defensive gaffes I wanted to strangle him. Shouted " Come on Yandle!" at the TV so many times I couldn't count.

I hate to invoke Tyson Nash, but sometimes I think he over-thinks and tries to do too much. Once he hits his groove though, he's one of the best PMD in the league.

I know we talk about it often, but the man is future Captain Coyote, has been loyal to the franchise, and is well-liked within the locker room. I don't want him moved unless we are getting the kind of offer that we can't refuse.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Also, in the interview with DT he discussed possibly moving Korpi into the Top 6. I can't judge players as well as some of you guys, but I always thought he had the raw skill to be in the Top 6. Is there any reason he's been on the 3rd line the last 3 years? I know he's an excellent Pker.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Also, in the interview with DT he discussed possibly moving Korpi into the Top 6. I can't judge players as well as some of you guys, but I always thought he had the raw skill to be in the Top 6. Is there any reason he's been on the 3rd line the last 3 years? I know he's an excellent Pker.

In my opinion Korpi could be a good fit in the top 6. only problem is he is inconsistent at times and it gets pretty frustrating. dude is fast as lightning and I think he has the ability to be a legit top 6er. he just has to be a little more reliable.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Korpi is one of those jack-of-all-trades utility players that doesn't really look out of place no matter what line you put him on. He's actually got good hands and a okay shot, but he's still too inconsistent offensively for me to be comfortable having him see extended Top 6 time.

But if he can get it together, then by all means!

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009

Offensively his speed creates opportunities but he lacks a finishing touch. He has come close to picking up 20 goals but I see a normal season for him being in the 15-20 goal range. I'd be surprised if he ever notched more than 25. Id say he is a little below average for a second liner but definitely would be one of the better 3rd liners. I loved the idea of having Korpi and Vermette on the third line. That is the kind of depth contenders have.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did push him into the top 6 though.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Hanzal is my favorite player, but he strikes me as a behind-the-scenes kind of leader. He leads through his Coyote Hockey play and is probably strong in the locker room, but he's really reserved and quiet with the media and such.

Look at Yandle when he plays, he oozes passion and emotion and is very vocal. Sometimes that gets him in trouble, but you want that kind of rah-rah leader as your Captain. Hanzal is like the calming influence. He defiantly should be an assistant captain, but I agree that Yandle is the future.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Echoing rt here, Havlat is as dynamic as anyone in the league on the rare occasion he's healthy. I'd love to add him at the right price even knowing that you can only count on a third of a season from him. Worth the gamble when we're as blue collar as we are. Those pts we earnin those 25 games count just as much as the other games when it comes to the standings.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net

I can actually see Korpi on Ribiero's line
would love if Malomey can trade for Malone and sign Prospal
Korpi - Robiero - Doan
Prospal - Hanzal - Vrbata
Malone - Vermette - Boedker
Klinkhammer - Chipchura - Moss

unfortunately that would leave less than $5 Mil to re-sign Rundblad, Boedker, and sign Prospal if Klesla is moved for Malone.

IMO, Ribiero would make Korpi look like a top 6 forward.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I might get laughed at for even suggesting him with his reputation and history, but what about Scott Gomez? Might be a viable depth winger option. We could probably give him a year at $700k or so, he made $700k last season as well.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He'd be okay at fourh line c. Move chip to wing. Not a sexy signing at all. I imagine he'll get oicked up by someone after camp when teams see what they have

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'd rather not...if we did that, it would mean Brown is back in the AHL...and I think having his goal scoring ability and sandpaper is exactly what is needed to go with Chips and Klinkhammer or whoever the other winger on the 4th line is going to be.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

DT said that? In my opinion if Korpi is in going to be in our top six, we seriously lack forward depth. If he gets a chance, I hope he proves me wrong, but watching him over the years he is third line material and great on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad