2013-2014 Season Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Gormley has got to he basically a lock to make the team this year right?

right now we are looking at

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Schlemko-Klesla
Summers-Rundblad
Gormley

The fact that Summers was resigned indicates to me that they want Gormley and probably Rundblad to get top line minutes in the AHL this year. They will probably get call ups to make their way into a handful of games as players get banged up.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
right now we are looking at

OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Morris
Schlemko-Klesla
Summers-Rundblad
Gormley

The fact that Summers was resigned indicates to me that they want Gormley and probably Rundblad to get top line minutes in the AHL this year. They will probably get call ups to make their way into a handful of games as players get banged up.

I agree about the Gormley bit. Rundblad, though, has signed his last two-way contract in the NHL.

rt

May 13, 2004
Nick Spaling filed for arbitration too. Like Halischuck, another young, versatile, two-way Pred I'd be interested in acquiring - if his asking price is cheap.

Both Spaling and Halischuk are old teammates of Boedker's in Kitchener. I'm a big fan of both. Not sure there's a spot for Spaling, though. We've already got a one-way contract slated for the 4thLW spot in Rob Klinkhammer. Hey, maybe we can trade him to Nashville for Spaling and then sign Halischuk? Haha.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I completely skipped Stone in my earlier post. And with what you pointed about Rundblad yeah its either time to commit and move Klesla, Z or Morris to make room for Rundblad or its time to move him. It makes the Summers signing more of a head scratcher because without Summers we could carry 7 defensemen and just move guys in and out as they get banged up (mainly Klesla).

In either case Gormley is still a year away.

I'm not sure how the forwards are going to shake out but I hope we find someone to play with Hanzal and Vrbata so we can keep Korpi and Moss on the 3rd line where they belong.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Both Spaling and Halischuk are old teammates of Boedker's in Kitchener. I'm a big fan of both. Not sure there's a spot for Spaling, though. We've already got a one-way contract slated for the 4thLW spot in Rob Klinkhammer. Hey, maybe we can trade him to Nashville for Spaling and then sign Halischuk? Haha.

Looks like Halischuk is gone, off to Winnipeg. :-/ As for Spaling, I was targeting him as (hopefully) a cheap trade replacement for Gordon at 3C this season, but that was before CoG approved the RSE lease and we got Ribs. I still think he'd be a good 3C option for us if Vermette either leaves when his contract his up or we move him next season. But obviously he might be out of reach by then.

kingbrutis

Jul 21, 2005
Well looks like Kovalchuck is a free man. It's no more absurd than the OEL for Ganger trade proposal.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yep the whole OEL is nothing but GARBAGE without Tip's system, hahahaha.

My favourite is Yandle would only be successful in a Dave Tippett system.

Phoenix is a team that was largely devoid of any talent up front. We were a team full of bargain basement finds, castoffs, and prospects who were woefully over their head. How many perfect passes in the slot have been fumbled or fanned on in the last five years? Letang gets Crosby, Malkin, Neal, etc. to head the puck to. We jump for joy when an AHL call up can actually get a point.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like Prospal is legitly not returning to Columbus. Actually not sure which Czech veteran I would prefer now, Hejduk or Prospal. Lol. Maybe Hejduk b/c he's a rightie.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Based off Maloney's comments, I think we can officially rule out dipping into Free Agency to fill our needs on the NHL roster.

I think that 2nd line position comes down to Domi or an acquired player at this point.

I think I'd rather have Doan or Boedker line up with the Czechs (both were reasonably effective), not rush Domi into service and have him blow up for 100 points in the juniors next year, and go after a shoot-first winger for Ribs.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I think I'd rather have Doan or Boedker line up with the Czechs (both were reasonably effective), not rush Domi into service and have him blow up for 100 points in the juniors next year, and go after a shoot-first winger for Ribs.

As excited as I am about Domi, I am 100% behind him going to play back in juniors or even the AHL. I don't want another Kyle Turris situation.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
As excited as I am about Domi, I am 100% behind him going to play back in juniors or even the AHL. I don't want another Kyle Turris situation.

Has to be junior, he's too young for the AHL (they should scrap this rule).

Is it worth revisiting Milan Michalek? His cap hit is 4.3, actual salary is 6, and he's on the final year of his contract. The Senators only have 5 D under contract (six when they sign Cowen).

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The Sens owner says they're a floor team, so it might be difficult to get them to eat any salary. Klesla gets us half way to 6 mil. I'm not sure what else we'd have to package together.

rt

May 13, 2004
The Sens owner says they're a floor team, so it might be difficult to get them to eat any salary. Klesla gets us half way to 6 mil. I'm not sure what else we'd have to package together.

You have to factor in replacements, too. If we send Klesla and Moss, it gets us close, but then you've got to allocate another million for a Moss replacement. Plus, forward for forward still leaves us a forward short. I'm not sure this is a fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad