2013-2014 Season Roster Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Michalek makes way too much money for his injury problems. Didn't be just have an experimental procedure on his knee?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Moss was the player I was thinking of too. But, if I'm the Sens, there's no way I'm trading a top line forward for a third-liner and a top 4, injury-prone D.

I'm not too familiar with their PK forwards, but if we they could add one to the mix (assuming it's a low contract), I'd also be willing to send back Rundblad on the condition that they either eat a lot of his salary or let us negotiate an extension.

So, Klesla + Moss + Rundblad for M. Michalek + PK forward.

Those dollars should match up. The Ryan trade took a hit to the Sens' prospect cupboard, so there should be some interest in Rundblad. But, as alluded to earlier, I can't imagine they'd trade a top liner for some package of lesser parts. There just may not be a fit here.

sdbullet

Dec 19, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
How about something along this lines of :

Phoenix gets: David Booth
Vancouver gets: Rusty Klesla

Booth makes 4.25 for the next two years is a speedy power forward whose been hobbled with injuries last season.

Klesla also is a bottom 4 dman stay at dman with physicality and injury concerns as well.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it

Booth makes 4.25 for the next two years is a speedy power forward whose been hobbled with injuries last season.

Klesla also is a bottom 4 dman stay at dman with physicality and injury concerns as well.

That's actually not a bad proposal. That said, injuries are of worry. Yeah Klesla has some injury history but for the years he has been here, he's been solid and reliable and played a decent amount of games.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Actually, Booth is set to make 4.75M in the last season of his current contract. No dice unless the Nucks are willing to retain salary to make the trade salary neutral.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
NBC SPORTS PRO HOCKEY TALK: Ryan Dadoun reports San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson is uncertain if Martin Havlat, who underwent pelvic surgery, will return to the Sharks next season.

Sounds like Havlat could have played his last game as a Shark, he would be absolutely ideal on the 2nd line with Hanzal and Vrbata.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I wouldn't mind Penner in the bottom six if he came really cheap. I wanted to reunite him with brule last yr, but obviously we're missing part of the story with brule bc he's disappeared

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Pretty much everyone agrees that Domi and Samuelsson and the other prospects outside of Brown need some more time to develop. I know things may change, players progress faster or slower than anticipated, but at at this point are there any that look like they'd be making a serious run at the team next year?

If Moss leaves after this next season there should be an opening on the third line with Korpi and Vermette. With Samuelsson's style of play would he be an option? Who else would be close? Domi? Lessio?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Sounds like Havlat could have played his last game as a Shark, he would be absolutely ideal on the 2nd line with Hanzal and Vrbata.
I wouldn't want Havlat, he's just way too injury prone.

Eklund has us in on Penner :laugh:

gross
I wouldn't mind Penner at all if he was cheap. I still think the Coyotes are missing Taylor Pyatt more than many would like to admit.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I wouldn't mind Penner at all if he was cheap. I still think the Coyotes are missing Taylor Pyatt more than many would like to admit.

With Gordon gone, and hopefully with Moss finding the back of the net a bit more frequently I think our bottom 6 scoring will be okay. Vermette being on the third line is going to help bottom six scoring a TON.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Penner would spend way too much time in Tippett's dog house during the regular season. Maybe I would reconsider him on the team if we had alot of depth of offense. Chances are he will sign with Anaheim.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
With Gordon gone, and hopefully with Moss finding the back of the net a bit more frequently I think our bottom 6 scoring will be okay. Vermette being on the third line is going to help bottom six scoring a TON.
It's not so much about scoring, it's the big body. As Tippet would say, guys like Penner/Pyatt can play a heavy game. I certainly wouldn't pay Penner a lot but if he came reasonably cheap I think he's a worthwhile consideration. Oh and before someone even goes there, a heavy game is not the same thing as a physical game. Pyatt was not overly physical but he definitely played a heavy game and that really showed in the LA series.

Penner would spend way too much time in Tippett's dog house during the regular season. Maybe I would reconsider him on the team if we had alot of depth of offense. Chances are he will sign with Anaheim.
If it was a trade situation I would share your concern but considering Penner would be coming here of his own volition, I wouldn't be too worried. He knows who the coach is and he knows what that coach is about, I don't think he'd willingly sign on if he wasn't ok with what would be expected of him.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's slightly embarrassing but Havlat is one of my favorite NHL players. Really fun to watch when he's not playing us. Haha. But yeah he's an injury mess.

kingbrutis

Jul 21, 2005
Did anyone read the story about why Jeff Skinner should be traded? It was written by James Guillory-USA TODAY. Yandle's name was brought up in the article in a possible 1 for 1 swap. What do you think? Guess his salary is very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad