GDT: 2013/2014 Out of Town Thread - VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Quite the gem from last night's Leaf game (That ironically didn't come from the Leafs):

847224690.gif

I'm pretty sure Jet fans are going to use this as "exhibit A" in the case to buy Pavelec out.

That, and Evander Kane is in the doghouse for not showing up to practice.

Pavelec must know Reimer is on his way there in the off-season. Maybe that's why they're both garbage right now, neither of them want the Jets to want them.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I think you meant James Neal, and I agree... I'd like to see someone slap him around

It's all about visuals. If Marchand had been stretchered off, or if that Wings player (forget who it was, sorry) had gone down, Neal would be facing major suspensions. And the league would be safer for it.

The next time he hits someone with a knee, elbow or high stick (and it's not if, but when), that player has to go down and stay down. At least get the trainer out on the ice.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I've had a guy who watched and knows him abit tell me for a few years that if there was a player to cause serious injury to another on a bad hit, his pick was Rinaldo. He said he is a very dangerous player and just a matter of time. Doubt this is it, but its coming if he sticks around.

Rinaldo is a punk. Dirty hit catching guy at his most vulnerable. Did the same with Iginla right after he took a shot near the boards. Moron has no respect.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
scouting the Blues yesterday for a potential Finals showdown and lo and behold the best player on the ice for St Louis was #17. I like a healthy Bruins in that series but I'd love to see that series- maybe this time Torey Krug goes flying through the air for the game 4 Cup clincher.

Right now the only thing that I think can stop Boston are injuries- they are loaded and have 8 top six forwards in their lineup and three (Kelly, Campbell, and Paille who are high end bottom six players- Kelly hate aside, he's been very good this year)

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
scouting the Blues yesterday for a potential Finals showdown and lo and behold the best player on the ice for St Louis was #17. I like a healthy Bruins in that series but I'd love to see that series- maybe this time Torey Krug goes flying through the air for the game 4 Cup clincher.

Right now the only thing that I think can stop Boston are injuries- they are loaded and have 8 top six forwards in their lineup and three (Kelly, Campbell, and Paille who are high end bottom six players- Kelly hate aside, he's been very good this year)

Too bad SOB's time ended here, he's really blossomed in St Louis. Hard to not like that team (aside from Ryan Miller)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Too bad SOB's time ended here, he's really blossomed in St Louis. Hard to not like that team (aside from Ryan Miller)

I always liked Sobotka and hated it when he was traded but think for his career it was the right move-but still like him.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
rinaldo gets 4 games.

shawn thornton should send shanahan a picture of his middle finger.

Leave your skates to CLEARLY target a guys head, 4 games. ****ing Shanahan.

What do we expect, this is a league that gave a $1000 fine to as repeat offender for cross checking a guy in the face with clear intent to injure (JAmes ****ing Neal).

Shanahan is a joke.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Leave your skates to CLEARLY target a guys head, 4 games. ****ing Shanahan.

What do we expect, this is a league that gave a $1000 fine to as repeat offender for cross checking a guy in the face with clear intent to injure (JAmes ****ing Neal).

Shanahan is a joke.

And people really wonder why headshots and punk hits like this continue to happen

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I always liked Sobotka and hated it when he was traded but think for his career it was the right move-but still like him.

agree- the right move was trading him. Bruins won a Cup- he's happy' works for me

Rinaldo getting 4 games is ridiculous, only thing good is next one will be about 10

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
unless he waits long enough for his record to be "clean".

then again, only about 3 months passed from neal's five game suspension for kneeing marchand in the back of the head to cross-checking glamdring and only getting a fine.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH

I think the best thing for his career was being traded. He would not have been able to excel the way he has if he remained in Boston. I'm happy to see him do well.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Pavelec must know Reimer is on his way there in the off-season. Maybe that's why they're both garbage right now, neither of them want the Jets to want them.

Can someone explain Evander Kane to me? Why has he played so poorly? This has been a running story for the past two years, at least since the franchise moved to the peg.

Is it as simple as not wanting to play for the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad