OT: 2013-2014 NFL Discussion Thread (Revis to Tampa for '13 1st, '14 3rd or 4th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
A 1st and a 3rd for Revis doesn't seem like a great return...particularly with the 1st being in the middle of the round. Would have thought he could fetch more.

1. He's coming off a serious injury
2. He makes a fortune
3. He holds out every other year
4. Only one team was bidding for him

With all that in mind, how much more could you reasonably expect?

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
1. He's coming off a serious injury
2. He makes a fortune
3. He holds out every other year
4. Only one team was bidding for him

With all that in mind, how much more could you reasonably expect?

And add: Revis was going to be a free agent after this coming season, and could not be franchised again. I'll take the first and the third.

LamoTheKid

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
A 1st and a 3rd for Revis doesn't seem like a great return...particularly with the 1st being in the middle of the round. Would have thought he could fetch more.

Errr, considering how reluctant a lot of GMs are to give up 2nd round picks for other guys, a 1st and a 3rd for a guy playing a speed position coming off of a major knee injury and a pendingFA who's already had 2 major contract hissyfits is a great haul.

JPP was a middle of the round pick for the Giants, couldn't be happier with him, even with his not so great past season. Any 1st round pick you can get is very valuable in the NFL. Hopefully the Jets look to actually improve their OL and LBs. But they're probably going to end up drafting Matt Barkley.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Is anyone a fan of out of market teams?

I'm a fan of the Houston Texans. I'm hoping they take DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson or Robert Woods from USC. Texans definitely need another WR to play opposite Andre Johnson. Also would like to see them address the need of ILB, NT and Secondary depth.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
And add: Revis was going to be a free agent after this coming season, and could not be franchised again. I'll take the first and the third.

Yeah. I mean a healthy, fully recovered Darrelle Revis is arguably the most valuable defensive player in the game. So from that standpoint, you'd figure he's worth a fortune. When you look at all the external factors though, his value become significantly less. A first and third is not a bad return. It's not an awesome return, but I think it's reasonable.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Is anyone a fan of out of market teams?

I'm a fan of the Houston Texans. I'm hoping they take DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson or Robert Woods from USC. Texans definitely need another WR to play opposite Andre Johnson. Also would like to see them address the need of ILB, NT and Secondary depth.

New Orleans Saints fan here... I'm looking for help on the defensive side of the ball. I kind of want them to take Werner from FSU but that's just because I want an excuse to buy a jersey with my last name on it without having to be "that guy". Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad