2013-2014 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

Holmgren is getting bumped up to President of the Flyers and they're naming Hextall as their new GM. I wonder if the Panthers would ever groom one of their former players to eventually become the GM. Maybe they can do that with Skrudland and name him the AGM now.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451481

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Holmgren is getting bumped up to President of the Flyers and they're naming Hextall as their new GM. I wonder if the Panthers would ever groom one of their former players to eventually become the GM. Maybe they can do that with Skrudland and name him the AGM now.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451481

The only thing that scares me about Skrewy is his hyperbolic praise for some of our prospects. Like how Bjugstad is a cross between Lemieux and Gretzky. I don't think he's levelheaded.

CoolburnIsGone

Just saw that the Isles traded for the rights to Dan Boyle for a conditional 2015 5th. Looks like they are really trying to add a few vets to their squad and get them signed ahead of free agency. Interesting moves for sure.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He has regressed kind of quickly, glad to see the Sharks push the youth movement forwards.

Isles can probably offer Boyle the biggest money if it's a two-year deal, but whether Boyle wants to sign there is a different story. He's still held good relationships to Tampa despite the fact that the previous ownership basically forced him out, wouldn't be surprised if he signed there for less.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Would be funny if Vancouver couldn't CBO him because of that.

He still owns part of Hurricanes?

JOL
At least up until recently, yes. But I think he has to sell it to avoid a conflict of interest.

From recent Liiga history comes to mind, current HIFK coach Antti Törmänen had to sell his part of owning Sport after they gained promotion and he was named HIFK's HC.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Rutherford is only there for 2 years, mentoring Botterill and then retiring. Pierre could have done the same, but he wanted a 5 year deal, and rejected the 2 years. :laugh:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Former Cats pick Pakarinen signed with Edmonton.

Must be one of those bold moves MacT was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad