2013-2014 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

Islanders traded a 4th for the rights to Halak. Seems like a smart move to me as that would address the goaltending for the Isles and they had like four 4th rounders this yr IIRC.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
He can rot for all I care. He forced Luongo out of Florida and sent our team spiraling into a dismal future. It set up the dominoes for the Vokoun trade and then now. He's a complete jack***.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
Islanders traded a 4th for the rights to Halak. Seems like a smart move to me as that would address the goaltending for the Isles and they had like four 4th rounders this yr IIRC.

i really like halak and would love him hear to replace ellis.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL

I agree, good move for them. I'm a little confused though, I didn't realize that teams were allowed to make trades now? Isn't that a disadvantage to teams who are busy in the playoffs?

CoolburnIsGone

I agree, good move for them. I'm a little confused though, I didn't realize that teams were allowed to make trades now? Isn't that a disadvantage to teams who are busy in the playoffs?
You're allowed to make trades even after the trade deadline technically. Those players traded just can't play for your team until next season. And while its rare, trades do happen during this period after the season is over.

As far as a disadvantage, I don't see how as there's not much for the GM to do while the teams are playing but get ready for the off season. In fact, Pittsburgh last yr traded for and resigned Vokuon in the middle of the Conference finals after they lost game 2. Doesn't seem to be a problem for teams in the playoffs to me.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Panthers had their own Halak, Salak, what happened to him, i think at one point he was playing in Finland.

JOL

played in the SEL, was very stellar.

was traded in the frolik deal i think

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No more ****ing reunions. I'm done with the old brass unless it's Paul Laus

I'd pay him 65k a year to be the fighting coach!! :nod:

Wild idea here, do you think Bure would come here to be an assistant coach? I don't keep up with his life but does he still have a residence in the U.S at all? Hire him as a scout if he isn't willing to coach and/or relocate. I wonder if he would have any interest in either opportunity.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wild idea here, do you think Bure would come here to be an assistant coach? I don't keep up with his life but does he still have a residence in the U.S at all? Hire him as a scout if he isn't willing to coach and/or relocate. I wonder if he would have any interest in either opportunity.
IIRC he splits time between Florida and Moscow.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Stormin Norman ‏@Stormin1Norman 2h
Breaking News Wayne Gretzky to be named president of the Washington #Caps #NHL

Oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad