Marlies Discussion: 2013-2014 Marlies Edition Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
First, I think it says it all when someone refers to any hockey player as a "huge mother fu*****." Second, the player we traded away was an ECHL calibre player. Kozun has been solid at the AHL level.. Again, If you have actually watched the games I think it would be easy to agree that we are fielding a better team on the ice with more NHL calibre prospects with Kozun in the lineup.

I agree, obviously our team is better with him in the lineup but i wouldn't consider him a quality prospect. He's already 24 and will be considered a veteran in the AHL soon and will probably end up in Europe soon enough where all these undersized guys eventually end up. And if you actually watched the games you would know that Crescenzi was actually a pretty good player for us and leaned on pretty heavily by Spott on the PK and for any important draw (unless Smithson was in the lineup). Do you say he's ECHL calibre because he played a little bit there last season? because he's clearly not an ECHL calibre player.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Question

Going to the game today. Where is the cheapest place to park around the Exhibition place?

I donno about the cheapest but the few times we went by car rather than train we just parked on the south side of the stadium in the lot there. cost about 10$

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
you got a problem? this thread is meant to discuss the Marlies and Kozun is, you know, a player on the Marlies?! woaaaaaaah man

You can talk about him all you like I suppose, But when your at the point of bemoaning Cresenzi being moved, I think you could be reaching.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
You can talk about him all you like I suppose, But when your at the point of bemoaning Cresenzi being moved, I think you could be reaching.

how am i bemoaning Crescenzi being moved? All i said was i never liked the trade and i don't think Kozun is a quality NHL prospect. I could care less about Crescenzi. If he ever makes it its gonna be as a 4th line centreman and even then chances are high he never makes it. I don't like the trade because Kozun gets tons of minutes and powerplay time and i'd rather our younger prospects have that opportunity over him. This is the AHL after all

edit. On that note happy to see Wade MacLeod got sent to the ECHL. There's another guy who was getting a **** ton of good minutes for the Marlies over our prospects

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
how am i bemoaning Crescenzi being moved? All i said was i never liked the trade and i don't think Kozun is a quality NHL prospect. I could care less about Crescenzi. If he ever makes it its gonna be as a 4th line centreman and even then chances are high he never makes it. I don't like the trade because Kozun gets tons of minutes and powerplay time and i'd rather our younger prospects have that opportunity over him. This is the AHL after all

edit. On that note happy to see Wade MacLeod got sent to the ECHL. There's another guy who was getting a **** ton of good minutes for the Marlies over our prospects

Every AHL team has these types of players. I mean who's minutes is he taking? Biggs? Ross? If they're not up to it yet/or at all even. I just don't see the big issue. Also by all accounts he's a good kid and teammate.

But, To each their own.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Every AHL team has these types of players. I mean who's minutes is he taking? Biggs? Ross? If they're not up to it yet/or at all even. I just don't see the big issue. Also by all accounts he's a good kid and teammate.

But, To each their own.

Yea you are probably right and I know they made the trade for Kozun when we were pretty banged up all through the organization so it made sense to bring him in. I've also heard he's a good person too. But yea I still don't like having him on the team and would rather guys like Biggs be given more ice. Spott is a good coach tho and I trust him

mikebel111*

Yea you are probably right and I know they made the trade for Kozun when we were pretty banged up all through the organization so it made sense to bring him in. I've also heard he's a good person too. But yea I still don't like having him on the team and would rather guys like Biggs be given more ice. Spott is a good coach tho and I trust him

spott is holding guys accountable. which is nice to see

while kozun was playimg well, he did take a bad penalty in an important stage of the game and points are really critical for marlies late in season

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
spott is holding guys accountable. which is nice to see

while kozun was playimg well, he did take a bad penalty in an important stage of the game and points are really critical for marlies late in season

It is pretty debatable as to whether it was even a penalty that should have been called, but I agree, you never want to put yourself in a position that the ref MAY call something on you. If it was an NHL game, I dont think it would have been a penalty.. He just sort of pushed the guy after the whistle as it looked like the opposing player was going to engage. Anyways, as I said, probably dont want to even put yourself in that position, but it certainly wasn't any kind of cheap shot, just looked like it was going to be the sort of pushing and shoving you see after a lot of whistles. Either way, it wasn't the reason the Marlies lost, we had a 4 on 3 PP in overtime

mikebel111*

It is pretty debatable as to whether it was even a penalty that should have been called, but I agree, you never want to put yourself in a position that the ref MAY call something on you. If it was an NHL game, I dont think it would have been a penalty.. He just sort of pushed the guy after the whistle as it looked like the opposing player was going to engage. Anyways, as I said, probably dont want to even put yourself in that position, but it certainly wasn't any kind of cheap shot, just looked like it was going to be the sort of pushing and shoving you see after a lot of whistles. Either way, it wasn't the reason the Marlies lost, we had a 4 on 3 PP in overtime

I do agree. Spott did call out that there were times to finish the game. lack of finishing in the end.

mikebel111*

RJ just said maple leafs are in a battle for a playoff spot.

where is this battle that he refers to?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
DrewMac's new design

BkANpz4CAAExG54.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions