Line Combos: 2013-2014 Lineup Proposal Thread.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Max-Tomas-Daniel
Alex-Lars-Brendan
Rene-Michael-Brian
Travis-Ryan-Brandon

Josh-Pernell
Andrei-Raphael
Jared-Nathan

Carey

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Galchy-Eller-Gally
Pac-Plek-Brière
Bourque-DD-Gionta
Moen-Bournival-Prust

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz
Beaulieu-Tinordi

Price

You wouldn't last long as an NHL head coach...a one goal loss, one game into the season and you start juggling lines...

Bouillon definitely did nothing to warrant getting scratched for a guy who's in the AHL, plus the DD line played great together in preseason, breking them up after one game is dumb.

Phillie is a feisty/scrappy team, White is a better fit than Bournival.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Never been a fan of MT...never.

Eller is possibly our # 1 centre, he had an amazing night last night...

There is no way DD can have Brierre on his line, he needs Max and another big winger...changes will have to be made...

Couldn't agree more.

DD and Briere is a terrible duo.

And I kinda feel bad for Pacioretty for playing with those guys.

I don't why Therrien insist to use DD with Pacioretty. They never really worked under Therrien.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
You wouldn't last long as an NHL head coach...a one goal loss, one game into the season and you start juggling lines...

Bouillon definitely did nothing to warrant getting scratched for a guy who's in the AHL, plus the DD line played great together in preseason, breking them up after one game is dumb.

lol preseason is relevant now? Yeah DD's line worked great against AHLer!!

From your logic, I guess MT should have seperated the EGG line since they weren't very good in the preseason...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'm not sure what Eller has to do to get 20+ minutes a game and 1st PP time.. The coaching staff needs to wake up, he is our best center.

Throw both Gallys in there too. Them playing 11 and 13 minutes is a JOKE

Every preseason game he got top matchups he/they struggled. Last night they get prefered matchups and score 3 goals.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
lol preseason is relevant now? Yeah DD's line worked great against AHLer!!

From your logic, I guess MT should have seperated the EGG line since they weren't very good in the preseason...

It's relevant when lines are clicking. AHLers or not they had good chemistry. Turning the lines upside down after one game...a one goal loss no less...is nothing short of dumb. If you're a coach and you have a plan, you're going to look pretty weak to your players if you change it the day after the opening game.

The EGG line played well last year so they left it together, same as Gionta-Plek-Bourque.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec

Like a guy in a thread said, the DD lines were great against AHL players. And so what if Beaulieu is still in the AHL?? From what he showed in the pre-season ( wich you seem to accord importance) he was showing that he could play in the NHL tomorrow and was 10 times better than Bouillon.

I agree on White instead of Bournival because i didn't know we were playing the Flyers. But i wouldn't mind seeing Bournival instead of White either.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Not going to happen!, but if Therrien benched DD for one game!!:

Pacioretty - Eller - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (shuts-down the opposition's 1st line)
Moen/Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust/Moen - Bournival - White

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Galchy-Eller-Gally
Pac-Plek-Brière
Bourque-DD-Gionta
Moen-Bournival-Prust

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz
Beaulieu-Tinordi

Price

Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller

Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller

Eller

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Like a guy in a thread said, the DD lines were great against AHL players. And so what if Beaulieu is still in the AHL?? From what he showed in the pre-season ( wich you seem to accord importance) he was showing that he could play in the NHL tomorrow and was 10 times better than Bouillon.

Unless my memory fails, Eric Staal was on the ice.
Eric Staal would be our first line center.

Not going to happen!, but if Therrien benched DD for one game!!:

Pacioretty - Eller - Briere
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (shuts-down the opposition's 1st line)
Moen/Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust/Moen - Bournival - White

Bournival on 3rd, White at C.

Avengers*

Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller

Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller

Eller

Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Subban-Subban
Subban-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu

Budaj

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Pacioretty Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Bournival Briere
Moen White Prust

bench DD. I'm fairly sure that Bournival has a little bit more offense game than we might (doesn't mean I think he's a 50 point player) think and could do well with Bourque opening up space for Briere.

PP lines

Pacioretty Plekanec Briere
Markov Subban

Galchenyuk Eller Bourque/Gallagher
Diaz Subban (yes full two minutes)

try it for a couple of games.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site

I watched every pre season game and that line did not play that well, it was our first line but between them was 1 goal. As for Boullion, we need to be more mobile and Bealieu gives us that little extra push moving the puck and has a better shot fom the point on the power play. What I saw last night from Bouillion on the powerplay was his inability to put the puck on the net.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Well, it took MT one game last season to bench Eller. Why would he do things differently this season?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I agree on White instead of Bournival because i didn't know we were playing the Flyers. But i wouldn't mind seeing Bournival instead of White either.

Beaulieu showed flashes of skill but still rough around the edges. Nowhere did I say he was better than Bouillon, would put up more points but also give up a lot more goals.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well, it took MT one game last season to bench Eller. Why would he do things differently this season?

So you're suggesting we should bench Subban and Gionta?

As I said earlier, the current lines have had past sucess, makes sense to stick with them awhile 5? 10? games before starting to scramble things up.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

As I said earlier, the current lines have had past sucess, makes sense to stick with them awhile 5? 10? games before starting to scramble things up.

What success did the Pacioretty-DD-Brière have? They looked good against AHL players?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Oh really? You're still living in 2011 are you? That was the last time Pacioretty and DD were good together and that wasn't even under Therrien. I dunno why MT keeps using DD and MaxPac together, did they even have a good 5 games straight together under Therrien? And please keep ****ing preseason out of this...

Also, Subban and Gionta weren't dominant but they were still way better than DD yesterday.

I don't know why you keep defending the organization. There's a clear double standard and you're still defending Therrien.

Also, about your point that the EGG line was productive because of easier match up is just false. They scored their goals against the Leafs 1st and 2nd line.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Every preseason game he got top matchups he/they struggled. Last night they get prefered matchups and score 3 goals.

Really?

1st goal was vs. Bozak/Kessel.

2nd goal was vs. Bozak/Kessel line.

And then Eller scored by himself shorthanded...

Eller's line didn't score once in a preferred matchup, the opposite actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad