Line Combos: 2013-2014 Lineup Proposal Thread.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Eller-Eller
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Subban-Subban
Subban-Subban
Tinordi-Beaulieu

Budaj

Eller-Eller-Eller
Eller-Galchenyuk-Eller
Eller-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-Prust-White
Parros (when he gets healthy again)

Subban-Subban
Tinordi-Subban
Gorges-Subban

Price

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
I couldnt watch the game

Was Desharnais that bad?

What do you think about the "Flambeau à Brière".... :help:

DD did not create a single thing and he was a turnover machine. He was by far the worst player of the night for both teams. As for Brière with the torche... meh i don't really care tbh.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Man Desharnais sucks. I don't like to say that often but, he's just not an NHLer anymore. At least Briere made some nice plays.

Eller's clones can't get here fast enough.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I couldnt watch the game

Was Desharnais that bad?

What do you think about the "Flambeau à Brière".... :help:

From my observations...everytime I saw Desharnais he would screw up the play...the puck would go over his blade...he couldn't handle an easy pass...nothing clicked for DD. Didn't see him make any passes...maybe he didn't have the chances to make nice passes (since he couldn't handle the puck all night long)...he was terrible vs the Leaves, imo. He played like an average AHLer. He better not be sitting on his salary...%^&*#$%^&*.
Plekanec would admit it if he played a bad game...Desharnais doesn't seem accountable for anything. Can't wait till he's gone (even though a part of me knows that DD can be quite crafty with his passes sometimes but I don't like the pampering treatment he gets, especially when he could only play with Cole and Pacioretty).

And, Markov screwed up (big time) on the PP (when it was a crucial 2-2 score)...his huge screw-up led to a breakaway SH goal to make it 3-2 (we were on the PP which made it worse).
Subban could have made the same screw up but get back with his speed. Markov is as slow as a turtle. I really want to see our Habs get a 1st Rnd Pick for him this season while we can and/or before he gets injured for a year. For now...I'll try to remain positive towards Markov since so many here love him so much even though he has never helped in the playoffs when it counts the most.

POSITIVE:
It was the Eller show.

And, Diaz showed great composure on one play (Eller goal) to make a great pass to Eller for an open net...many dmen would have shot it or rushed the play or just screwed it up...he took his time (waited like a real pro) and made the perfect/right play for the easy goal for Eller.

Galchenyuk and Gallagher also played well.

Last edited:

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Briere

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta

Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher

Moen - Prust - White

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
The E.G.G. Line

I'm more then enthusiast of theirs play last night, but for balancing our group of forwards would you rather split or let the line together?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
From my observations...everytime I saw Desharnais he would screw up the play...the puck would go over his blade...he couldn't handle an easy pass...nothing clicked for DD. Didn't see him make any passes...maybe he didn't have the chances to make nice passes (since he couldn't handle the puck all night long)...he was terrible vs the Leaves, imo. He played like an average AHLer. He better not be sitting on his salary...%^&*#$%^&*.
Plekanec would admit it if he played a bad game...Desharnais doesn't seem accountable for anything. Can't wait till he's gone (even though a part of me knows that DD can be quite crafty with his passes sometimes but I don't like the pampering treatment he gets, especially when he could only play with Cole and Pacioretty).

DD is ONE thing well last night.
Win faceoffs.

But then again, he didn't took much faceoffs and didn'T take many on the opposite side, except maybe once on the PK.

Now, when faceoffs are the better aspects of the game of a guy like this... That means he was terrible.

PS : 6 in 10. Thought he was a little above that actually.

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
DD is ONE thing well last night.
Win faceoffs.

But then again, he didn't took much faceoffs and didn'T take many on the opposite side, except maybe once on the PK.

Now, when faceoffs are the better aspects of the game of a guy like this... That means he was terrible.

PS : 6 in 10. Thought he was a little above that actually.

Speaking of which, Pleks got kicked out of almost every single one of the faceoffs.

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
For now:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Brière
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz
Tinordi-Bouillon

Price

• I expect Bournival to force his way into the lineup eventually (either as a 4C or 3rd line winger).
  • Gionta (injury), Desharnais (poor play), White (discipline) are the guys most likely to make way for Bournival.
  • I'd love to see Pacioretty-Eller-Galchenyuk as a line at some point (could be a legit 1st line eventually), but that would make it easier for teams to match up against us (part of what makes the Habs hard to play against is the fact that they have 3 relatively even lines - all OK 2nd lines, making it very difficult for teams to know who to key in on).
  • I'd like to see Beaulieu get the chance to replace Bouillon in the lineup eventually

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
I would really like to see tinordi play with Markov 5 on 5 I do not like Diaz playing with Markov. Every time Diaz has the puck I cross my fingers that he doesn't turn it over or try making a pass that ends up being a icing. I wouldn't mind seeing him with subby also and drop gorges. This would be my lineup for Philly.

PAC- pleky- briere
Galchy- eller- gally
Bourque- bournival- gionta
Moen- white- prust

Tinordi- subban
Markov- gorges
Bouillon- Diaz

Oh ya dd gets benched almost forgot maybe it because he disappeared Tuesday night

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
With what we got, I like to see this for the forwards line up:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Max-Galchenyuk-Briere
Prust-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-DD-White

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
With what we got, I like to see this for the forwards line up:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Max-Galchenyuk-Briere
Prust-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-DD-White

DD on a fourth line, who's supposed to be physical and play well defensively would work really well. If you're going to play him on a fourth line just trade him for a 3rd round pick.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
I would bench DD the same way Eller got benched last year.

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Daniel Briere
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Michael Bournival - Brian Gionta
Brandon Prust - Ryan White - Travis Moen

Jarred Tinordi - PK Subban
Andrei Markov - Josh Gorges
Francis Bouillon - Rafael Diaz

go_habs_go

Oct 9, 2003
Winnipeg, MB
www.canadiens.com
I would try this..

Max Pacioretty - Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk
Daniel Briere - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Michael Bournival - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Ryan White - Brandon Prust

PK Subban - Jarred Tinordi
Josh Gorges - Andrei Markov
Raphael Diaz - Francis Bouillon/Nathan Beaulieu

When we're healthy:

Max Pacioretty - Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk
Daniel Briere - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Michael Bournval - Brian Gionta
Travis Moen - Brandon Prust - George Parros

PK Subban - Jarred Tinordi
Josh Gorges - Doug Murray
Alexei Emelin - Andrei Markov

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The lineup right now seems to be terrible.

bourque - pleks - gio have never really had much success.
patches and DD haven't done much since Cole left even though Patches still put up points last year.
EGG line is the only one that's really showed some gumption in the limited role they've been given.

I think it's time to shake them up and balance off the lines a bit more.

If I was making the lines, I'd try something like:

Galchenyuk Plecks Gio
Patches Briere Bourque
Prust Eller Gallagher
Moen Bourrnival White

sit DD as he really doesn't fit in the line up as Briere is a better option.

better balance of size on left and right, speed, grit, scorers and passers on each line. If Plecks continues to play poorly, I'd switch him out with Eller.

Tinner PK
Markov Gorges
Bou Beaulieu
Diaz

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
I think everyone realizes we are very small on the wings .. I would try and organize a trade arround youth for youth ...

I would try Beaulieu++ to Washington for Tom Wilson and a 2nd. This would provide us size on the Wing while still acquiring youth.

Bourque-Desharnais-Wilson
Gallchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Plekanek-Briere
Gionta sits ...

Next year...
Pacioretty-Gallchenyuk-Wilson
Bournival-Eller-Gallagher
Bourque-Plekanek-Briere

On D
Tinordi, Suban
Emelin, Diaz
Markov, Gorges

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
patch-pleks-briere
prust-eller-gallagher
bourque-gally-gionta
moen-bournival-white

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Darn it! Seems like the lineups always look a lot better without DD!!

Maybe we have to wait till next season:
Plekanec
Eller
Galchenyuk
White

WillHabs12

Lalime's awkwardness
Apr 15, 2013
Québec
I think everyone realizes we are very small on the wings .. I would try and organize a trade arround youth for youth ...

I would try Beaulieu++ to Washington for Tom Wilson and a 2nd. This would provide us size on the Wing while still acquiring youth.

If you want Wilson you need to trade Gallagher and more at least. McPhee is not crazy enough to trade Wilson (and a second?) for Beaulieu ++.... Collberg etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->