Line Combos: 2013-2014 Lineup Proposal Thread.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
I would bench DD the same way Eller got benched last year.

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Daniel Briere
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Michael Bournival - Brian Gionta
Brandon Prust - Ryan White - Travis Moen

Jarred Tinordi - PK Subban
Andrei Markov - Josh Gorges
Francis Bouillon - Rafael Diaz

I like this a lot; especially the D pairings, but you know in your heart of hearts that Davey isn't getting benched after 1 game. Don't get me wrong - I'd do it (...maybe after 3 games), but MT won't.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I'd bench DD for the remainder of his contracts.

I see him being completely useless (more so then Gomez, Higgins, Ryder et al). When I see a player float around for over a minute (especially the final minute) not engaging anything or even attempting to, I want him gone.

Don't care if it's the 1st game of the season. DD was give 1st line minutes in his 1st season without any work to get there. Meanwhile we have other people who are proving they are completely better players and get shafted.

Honestly if the hired a coach based on their experience 1st and foremost over any language ****, this wouldn't happen. ****ing Ted Nolan would have been a better coach.

This isn't English vs French because if said coach only spoke French but had the credentials to back it up I wouldn't care. I have google translate, and people in my family that are bilingual (and I understand some of it).

In my eyes until Boullion, Markov and DD are gone the Habs will never succeed.

KingHab

Apr 8, 2012
Who would be opposed to putting pleks on the wing.
That way:
Paches-Eller-Pleks
XXXX-Galchenyuk-XXXX
XXXX-DD-XXXX

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Who would be opposed to putting pleks on the wing.
That way:
Paches-Eller-Pleks
XXXX-Galchenyuk-XXXX
XXXX-DD-XXXX

Eller is already doing great playing with the two kids...

easier to just give the other two good wingers to Plekanec.

CoachBrisebois

May 7, 2013
I'm more then enthusiast of theirs play last night, but for balancing our group of forwards would you rather split or let the line together?

Split, just so eller can get more icetime.

Bourque Eller Briere
Pacioretty Plekanec Gionta
Desharnais Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Prust White/Subban

Gorges Subban
Markov Diaz/Bouillon
Tinordi Markov/Subban

Break up EGG, up with EBB

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
67 81 48
17 14 21
8 27 11
32 49 53

79 76
26 61
40 24

would be a pretty sick lineup

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Split, just so eller can get more icetime.

Bourque Eller Briere
Pacioretty Plekanec Gionta
Desharnais Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Prust White/Subban

Gorges Subban
Markov Diaz/Bouillon
Tinordi Markov/Subban

Break up EGG, up with EBB

So we move DD and let him ruin the Galch/Gally line...horrible.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
Darn it! Seems like the lineups always look a lot better without DD!!

Well...if the skate fits...

That's the thing with DD. When he has his mojo on he is a creative efficient center. But as soon as there is a slight misalignment he becomes a liability.

crazyd

Canada is hockey
Jul 2, 2006
This is what I see maybe as soon as near the end of this season:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gally
Galchy - Eller - Bourque
Briere - Bournival - Leblanc
Moen - White - Prust
Parros

Tinordi - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Beaulieu
Murray - Pateryn

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
IF they ever bench DD (depends if Pacioretty comes back soon and can also play well...seems like DD's career depends so much on Pacioretty's great shot/speed!!):

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Briere - Prust
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Moen - Bournival - White

OR

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Briere - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust
Moen - Bournival - White

P.S.: if they bench DD and Briere...oye ve!!
(if Briere continues taking DUMB penalties...I'd bench him to get the point across).

AmartZing

Jun 19, 2007
I don't understand why ppl want to put Eller with patches and whoever....The EGG line is our best line right now, let them play together, and let them become our fisrt line...

EGG
Patches Pleky Briere
Bourque DD Gionta
Moen Prust Parros

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I don't understand why ppl want to put Eller with patches and whoever....The EGG line is our best line right now, let them play together, and let them become our fisrt line...

EGG
Patches Pleky Briere
Bourque DD Gionta
Moen Prust Parros

You're not wrong, but I think it's coming from a place where people want to see:

A)Galchenyuk centre his own line
B)Have Pacioretty/DD broken up
C)Have Eller, Bourque, and Pacioretty play on the top two lines

I agree we shouldn't break them up any time soon, but a time should come during the year where they need to try and break it up to spread the chemistry and really get a multi-line attack going (though to be fair, the Plekanec line is doing well right now so I can't agree we're a one-line team at the moment).

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I suggest teaming Eller with Pacioretty and moving Galchenyuk to his natural position center. Desharnais needs to play with bigger forwards, only way he can be successful.

LW-C-RW
Pacioretty-Eller-Desharnais
(Desharnais can concentrate on passing, not defensively or physically.)

Briere-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
(Briere loves the left side and scoring his signature goals and fist pump, Galchenyuk and Gallagher will do most of the forchecking)

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
(Nothing wrong with this line)

Moen-Bournival-Prust
White
(I think Bournival brings more speed to this line than White)

The line of Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere isn't going to work, Desharnais and Briere doesn't do the dirty work. You can't put Briere with Eller or with Plekanec as we know their past history, the face-off thing.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
At this point the only choice (imo/however if Briere wakes up I could see him and Gionta switching) :

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Desharnais - Briere
Prust - White - Moen

Bournival

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Tinordi
Diaz - Bouillon

Aug 25, 2009
éal
This is what I see maybe as soon as near the end of this season:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gally
Galchy - Eller - Bourque
Briere - Bournival - Leblanc
Moen - White - Prust
Parros

I like it. Give Brière some PP ice time.

I really hope Leblanc play solid in Hamilton and get the next callup.

Fizzz

Jan 8, 2013
At this point the only choice (imo/however if Briere wakes up I could see him and Gionta switching) :

Prust - White - Moen

Bournival

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Tinordi
Diaz - Bouillon

Those are the lines that I wanted for the opening game, seriously, how ling can MT keep his best winger from playing with his best center, it's non sense!

By doing this you don't get the problem that you have with playing Briere and DD as much as you are playing Max.

The only problem I have with this line up is the D. Subban and Diaz are right handed so they play on the right side. You have to take this into consideration.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I wouldn't mind to split the EGG line, as long as Galchenyuk and Eller stays together. Put Briere in there, I still think that line can be dominant.

Gallagher crashing the net game will probably complement DD's line better than Briere.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

EGG
Patches Pleky Briere
Bourque DD Gionta
Moen Prust Parros

**** you have no idea how badly I would love to see this line up. The kids stay together, our best center FINALLY gets to play with our best winger, Gio and Bourque have some good chemsitry and finally a real 4th line as tough to play against as any other in the league.

Prust - White - Moen

Bournival

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Tinordi
Diaz - Bouillon

The problem with putting Bourque on the 3rd line is that he is a streaky player with motivational issues. If he gets into a funk that line risks becoming a black hole. Remember the reason the EGG line is so successful right now is because they are facing 3rd line opposition. Once teams start paying more attention to them they may cool down a bit but that will benefit our first two lines by freeing them up a bit more as well. Just my 2 cents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad