Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News Pt. II (2/25: Staal still dealing with back spasms)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
hes abetter player than carcillo. when hes fully healthy i put him in for carcillo.

Look at the teams record with Carcillo in the lineup VS Dorsett. Carcillo obviously isn't the sole reason but I also do not think it is a coincidence. I have noticed Carcillo when he has played a lot more than I have noticed Dorsett when he was playing.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I am sticking to my guns that Boyle/Moore should be dealt (If the team has no plans on re-signing them) and then role with:

Carcillo-Moore/Boyle-Dorsett

Dorsett is a good PKer, signed beyond this year.

Maybe they find a taker for Carcillo after he has played well?

Either of those options are viable in my opinion. I personally like dorsett-Moore-Carcillo for a 4th line. Mooreb is a more skilled and faster player than Boyle, while dorsett and carcillo will stand up and fight.

Boyle is prime trade bait too. If he nets is a 2nd liner I'd let him go

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Either of those options are viable in my opinion. I personally like dorsett-Moore-Carcillo for a 4th line. Mooreb is a more skilled and faster player than Boyle, while dorsett and carcillo will stand up and fight.

Boyle is prime trade bait too. If he nets is a 2nd liner I'd let him go

Do you mean rounder? If so, I agree!

Vickers8

Look at the teams record with Carcillo in the lineup VS Dorsett. Carcillo obviously isn't the sole reason but I also do not think it is a coincidence. I have noticed Carcillo when he has played a lot more than I have noticed Dorsett when he was playing.

Love Dorsett, but Carcillo has done a very good job and AV won't mess with the chemistry

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Good news. Back before Trade Deadline

If it came down to 1 roster spot between Carcillo or Doresett.. I'd re-sign Carcillo and trade Doresett.

Carcillo gets his job better and has just enough crazy in him to keep guys at bay. Played very well, and has been reliable in D-Zone starts on both LW & RW.

Also gets under the opposition, making them lose focus, start scrums, and has stood up for teammates.

The prime example was the Neil hit on Moore. Didn't drop the gloves, but didn't hesitate other. Dom Moore stood up for himself on the play too. Moore wouldn't have gone after Neil if Carcillo wasn't there.

I don't think Dorsett has that effect at all. Even though Carcillo is a 4th liner, he's provided a spark, and just solidified the 4th line playing off of Boyle and Moore. Team is above .500 after the trade, same with GF-GA.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If it came down to 1 roster spot between Carcillo or Doresett.. I'd re-sign Carcillo and trade Doresett.

Carcillo gets his job better and has just enough crazy in him to keep guys at bay. Played very well, and has been reliable in D-Zone starts on both LW & RW.

Also gets under the opposition, making them lose focus, start scrums, and has stood up for teammates.

The prime example was the Neil hit on Moore. Didn't drop the gloves, but didn't hesitate other. Dom Moore stood up for himself on the play too. Moore wouldn't have gone after Neil if Carcillo wasn't there.

I don't think Dorsett has that effect at all. Even though Carcillo is a 4th liner, he's provided a spark, and just solidified the 4th line playing off of Boyle and Moore. Team is above .500 after the trade, same with GF-GA.

With Carcillo, Boyle and Moore all being UFA's, I'd be hesitant to move Dorsett

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

With Carcillo, Boyle and Moore all being UFA's, I'd be hesitant to move Dorsett

Since this is a cap world, you'd have to see what those Free Agents would be asking for...

Dorsett is contracted at $2M next season (which happens to be his contract year)
Boyle is due a raise, probably around $2M
Moore is due a small raise, most likely to $1.3-1.45
Carcillo may only be due his his maximum salary as an NHL player of $1.045M...

So, 4 4th liners for 3 spots...

You keep Moore and Carcillo. Then it becomes between Dorsett and Boyle... That breaks down to two things:

Dorsett is the more offensive player of the two, who can actually fight, skate decently, kill penalties, etc
Boyle is the more defensive player, who excels at faceoffs, defensive zone play, and heart and soul...

It's a toss up. The only thing is that ONE of these guys can (and probably should) be traded for a draft pick, so who knows..

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
836482105.gif

A Dbag 2 hand slash attempt from tavares. If that really hit hags as hard as it looks he'll miss some games.

Vickers8

Since this is a cap world, you'd have to see what those Free Agents would be asking for...

Dorsett is contracted at $2M next season (which happens to be his contract year)
Boyle is due a raise, probably around $2M
Moore is due a small raise, most likely to $1.3-1.45
Carcillo may only be due his his maximum salary as an NHL player of $1.045M...

So, 4 4th liners for 3 spots...

You keep Moore and Carcillo. Then it becomes between Dorsett and Boyle... That breaks down to two things:

Dorsett is the more offensive player of the two, who can actually fight, skate decently, kill penalties, etc
Boyle is the more defensive player, who excels at faceoffs, defensive zone play, and heart and soul...

It's a toss up. The only thing is that ONE of these guys can (and probably should) be traded for a draft pick, so who knows..
AV loves Boyle, taking all the important d zone faceoffs now, one of the best pk'er in the league and when he plays physical, he is an asset, much more valuable player than Dorsett, and I like Dorsett...

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
That's fine but having Dorsett and Carcillo in the lineup at the same time, this team might go back to having 1.5 functional lines depending on what the Stepan line does.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
That's fine but having Dorsett and Carcillo in the lineup at the same time, this team might go back to having 1.5 functional lines depending on what the Stepan line does.

Yup. It's really stupid IMO.

Call up Fast and see what he is made of. He's been playing really well down in Hartford from what I've heard and this could be a good opportunity to see if he is a realistic Cally replacement as early as next year (if not immediately).

(I know Miller is first in the call-up queue, but he is a C and should play C - we need a RW)

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Yup. It's really stupid IMO.

Call up Fast and see what he is made of. He's been playing really well down in Hartford from what I've heard and this could be a good opportunity to see if he is a realistic Cally replacement as early as next year (if not immediately).

(I know Miller is first in the call-up queue, but he is a C and should play C - we need a RW)

Fast has been pretty good in Hartford, I've caught most of the games. He's also been getting time as a point man on the PP.

He's most similar to Zuc and my issue with AV when he was first up was he never gave Fast any PP time. Rather than mess up all the lines, give him a few games and let's see how he's progressed.

The Stepan line was on fumes the last two weeks before the break, the Richards line had one good game but has been pretty bad this year, so it was the third and fourth lines carrying the team. Now the third line is compromised short term so instead of putting a guy with a similar skill set, a grinder is going to play with them? Or they're going to completely reshuffle two lines? Not a fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad