Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News Pt. II (2/25: Staal still dealing with back spasms)

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Sucks, it's a shame, he's the one of about four players that give it his all.

Here comes Aliu...

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Aliu isn't signed to an NHL contract so unless that's done in the next 24 hours, not gonna happen.

JT gets the call and who knows who the extra is? Fast? Asham? Powe?

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
**** it's one thing after another with this team, couldn't have happened to a more hard working guy, that whole 4th line seamed to finally be settling in and really being effective over the last couple weeks.

Aliu sucks...no shot he gets called up aside rom the fact that he doesn't even play for the team, either bring back Asham or Powe with no planto play either EVER.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Beach isn't very good. Aliu's done fine. Kenny G made some really dumb lines tonight as I was watching more of the Pack game than the Rangers. Aliu was with Powe. Not gonna produce there.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Won't miss him. Did you see the effort he gave on his last shift? He was really dogging it out there.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW Haley played tonight.

Figured there was something wrong with Dorsett--reminded me of Gregory Campbell in last year's playoffs. Did the same thing.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
FWIW Haley played tonight.

Figured there was something wrong with Dorsett--reminded me of Gregory Campbell in last year's playoffs. Did the same thing.

I'd think miller plays but for toughness asham comes up as a spare. Sadly Haley gets passed over al the time

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd think miller plays but for toughness asham comes up as a spare. Sadly Haley gets passed over al the time

Only mentioned Haley for those who might think we need to replace Dorsett's aggression. Haley is a much better fighter but not as good a player--somewhat comparable to Dorsett's game though.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Well...if we can't find a fighter from the farm team that can fight...could we at least find somebody that can skate fast enough to run away from somebody that can fight LOL...at the very least we win the race . :laugh: ;)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't even know what you do with Dorsett when he does make it back.

I am sticking to my guns that Boyle/Moore should be dealt (If the team has no plans on re-signing them) and then role with:

Carcillo-Moore/Boyle-Dorsett

Dorsett is a good PKer, signed beyond this year.

Maybe they find a taker for Carcillo after he has played well?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I put Dorsett in for Carcillo.

He's stopped ruffling feathers largely since the Philly game. That's half his effectiveness. That being said, he's a much smarter player than he was in Philly and years prior.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I put Dorsett in for Carcillo.

He's stopped ruffling feathers largely since the Philly game. That's half his effectiveness. That being said, he's a much smarter player than he was in Philly and years prior.

I agree, he has been good though. He has been noticeable even in just his hits. I like him so far. Different player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad