Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News Pt. II (2/25: Staal still dealing with back spasms)

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Dorsett is 10x the player Carcillo is. It's not even remotely close

Completely disagree with this. 10x the players? Based on what. Dorsett had been very unimpressive this year before he got hurt. Carcillo has had much more of an impact and more jump in his game.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Completely disagree with this. 10x the players? Based on what. Dorsett had been very unimpressive this year before he got hurt. Carcillo has had much more of an impact and more jump in his game.

He's a much better player offensively and defensively. Can kill PKs.

Everyone here loves this tiny sample size thing. I don't understand why

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 13s
Staal says he twisted spine Thursday, happened once before during lockout, feels looser, see what happens Wed to detemine availability Thur

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
New York Rangers ✔ @NYRangers
"Dorsett is looking good..we might keep 12 (forwards) or we might call someone up..we'll decide in next 24 hours"-AV #NYR

AV says that @ctalbot33 will start in goal Thursday against the Blackhawks @TheGarden #NYR

"Playing in that tournament , with & against the best players in the world, gives me a lot of confidence moving forward"-@CarlHagelin #NYR

"I really enjoyed it over there, but I am happy to be back..I feel great and now I'll start preparing for what's ahead"- @HLundqvist30 #NYR

More tweets from newyorkrangers.com on the right side. some photos too.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Why is Talbot playing against the best team in the league?

You remember the last time we rolled a backup vs the Hawks at MSG?

Hank's been off since Sunday.

Stop messin around, Align.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Not against it. Giving Henrik a whole week off to keep him fresh. Need him for the stretch run.

Chicago had a lot of guys play in that Olympics, especially their best. Maybe AV is hoping they are a little sluggish and he can slot Cam in for a game here.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ugh, don't want to see Talbot out there against the Hawks. Hank would get lots of days off, it's not like he was playing every game in Sochi. Don't like it one bit.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

Ugh, don't want to see Talbot out there against the Hawks. Hank would get lots of days off, it's not like he was playing every game in Sochi. Don't like it one bit.

It's not ideal, but it's the right move. Hank's been off since Sunday, yes, but the real issue is when did he land?

Have you ever flown to the other side of the world, gotten adjusted there, then flown back and had to get readjusted? It takes nearly a week to fully recover from the jetlag - I **** you not. I'd rather have a fully-rested Talbot than a sluggish Hank.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It's not ideal, but it's the right move. Hank's been off since Sunday, yes, but the real issue is when did he land?

Have you ever flown to the other side of the world, gotten adjusted there, then flown back and had to get readjusted? It takes nearly a week to fully recover from the jetlag - I **** you not. I'd rather have a fully-rested Talbot than a sluggish Hank.

Agreed. It took me about 5 days to recover after my month long trip to China.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Three games in four nights. Talbot was going to play at least one anyway. Might as well give Lundqvist as much time as possible to reset. Took me an entire week to feel normal after I returned from a two week trip to the Middle East. Never believed in jetlag before that experience. Not fun.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Taking a couple melatonin pills does wonders for jet lag. Spent three weeks in Kenya, flew home, immediately drove from JFK to Michigan, and was fine the next day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad