Injury Report: 2013-2014 Injury News/Discussion (11/9: Nash skates, Pyatt concussed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Sign Vinny Prospal at 1 year $1M + $1M in deferrable bonus money
Send down Fast

NYR ROSTER
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Vinny Prospal ($1.000m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Benoit Pouliot ($1.300m / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.150m)
Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Dominic Moore ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Arron Asham ($1.000m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m)
John Moore ($0.840m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Justin Falk ($0.975m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

OTHER – AHL overage
Darroll Powe ($0.142m)
------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $63,981,667
BONUSES: $1,125,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $318,333
Move/waive either Pyatt or Asham. Get a lower pick or a non roster player back. That is not a bad lineup by any means. Needs some grit I admit… Bring it in at the deadline for whatever money is saved by getting rid of Asham/Pyatt. Kids come up if injuries take place. Voila!

16 To Stanley*

Sign Vinny Prospal at 1 year $1M + $1M in deferrable bonus money
Send down Fast

NYR ROSTER
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Derek Stepan ($3.075m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Vinny Prospal ($1.000m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Benoit Pouliot ($1.300m / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.150m)
Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Dominic Moore ($1.000m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Arron Asham ($1.000m) / Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m)
John Moore ($0.840m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Justin Falk ($0.975m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

OTHER – AHL overage
Darroll Powe ($0.142m)
------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $63,981,667
BONUSES: $1,125,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $318,333
Move/waive either Pyatt or Asham. Get a lower pick or a non roster player back. That is not a bad lineup by any means. Needs some grit I admit… Bring it in at the deadline for whatever money is saved by getting rid of Asham/Pyatt. Kids come up if injuries take place. Voila!

I thought Richards was one of the few bright spots on the wing last game....i wouldn't move him yet

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Prospal should head to the Czech league... Straka, Rucinsky and Nedved are all still active and scoring there well into their 40's.

BarbaraAlphanse

Why would that be ridiculous - at least until Hagelin is back? He will be out until game #11 anyways now after going on LTIR. Btw I told you guys already last November that Hagelins injury was going to require surgery. Most of you scoffed at this and came with all kinds of "expert views" -but my sources were entirely correct as what can be expected in a case like this.
Dubinsky came in as a rookie center and played first line minutes with Jagr his first pro year and was quite OK there
I do not see why not giving Fast a try here is not worth a shot for this road trip. When Hagelin returns it is an entirely different story. Fast, unless he completely tears it up, most likely gets sent down to the Wolfpack then anyways *(pending trades)
Nash has looked horrible with whoever he is paired with for quite a long time. He needs a fresh injection. NOW
Stepans rust will force him to cover up defensibly and take a responsibility there
Let the horses loose
Guy has already been a regular on the Swedish National team and a almost star in the SEL mens league. Higher level of play than the AHL. He is the player on the team right now most adapted to fill Hagelins role. If he can handle the minutes, intensity and matchups is an issue he will have to prove. Short term fill

Not questioning his talent or where he could end up. As a rookie though, in his 2nd game. 1st line seems a bit like throwing him to the wolves.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Might as well add Nash in here...

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 7m
Nash: "I have a headache. It got worse. It was a head shot. I'm concerned the way it feels."

BarbaraAlphanse

If Nash is out long term, need to bring up Kristo or Kreider. Need dynamic ability and potential in lineup. Can't have Pyatt, Boyle, Dorsett, Moore, Asham, Pouloit ALL playing.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This guy will be haunted by his groin concussions the rest of his career. RIP in peace.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
BTW, the Groin Concussion stuff isn't funny. Our top forward is out with a possible concussion.

You people want to say the season is in danger after a 9-2 loss, no. The season IS in danger now because Nash might be gone for the year.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Nash is out long term, need to bring up Kristo or Kreider. Need dynamic ability and potential in lineup. Can't have Pyatt, Boyle, Dorsett, Moore, Asham, Pouloit ALL playing.

actually, Miller with Kreider first.
I'm not saying either has nothing more to learn, no further to develop.

But clearly, Miller and Kreider work in tandem overdrive. Are Killer w/Cally.
Like to see
Kreider -- Miller -- Cally
and all Swedish line
Hagelin --- Lindberg -- Fast

Yes, I obviously means after Hags is off LTIR.

We can't risk Richards getting injured and us being in the same situation as Philly and not able to amnesty due to injury. NMC doesn't matter. Richards sits and gets paid. If he wants to voluntarily tear up his contract now, with our permission, in exchange for a # everybody can live with, he can have his release. If he wants every penny, he sits and watches.

Pyatt buh bye.
Boyle should ONLY be C for FOs, then flip to LW. First good deal he should be moved.

We should seriously consider Stepan + for Seth Jones +. Helps w/logjam and issues at RD.

High And Wide*

When do we find out the specifics on what's going on with Nash? Today?

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
BTW, the Groin Concussion stuff isn't funny. Our top forward is out with a possible concussion.

You people want to say the season is in danger after a 9-2 loss, no. The season IS in danger now because Nash might be gone for the year.

Now imagine that was Richards and we would be talking about the franchise being in danger. But our illustrious GM thought it was a smart decision not to buy out Brad.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Why is it that football players always seem to come back from concussions MUCH faster than hockey players? They supposedly passed the "test" and with the lawsuits the NFL has against former players, I doubt a player that had a concussion would be able to play with one in this day and age.

Yet, for some reason, you see a guy get a concussion in hockey and he's usually out weeks, months, or even worse, a Crosby or Savard type case. I realize concussions are always different in severity, but it seems that football players usually come back the following week or two (see Eddie Lacy).

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Why is it that football players always seem to come back from concussions MUCH faster than hockey players? They supposedly passed the "test" and with the lawsuits the NFL has against former players, I doubt a player that had a concussion would be able to play with one in this day and age.

Yet, for some reason, you see a guy get a concussion in hockey and he's usually out weeks, months, or even worse, a Crosby or Savard type case. I realize concussions are always different in severity, but it seems that football players usually come back the following week or two (see Eddie Lacy).
I wonder that myself, NFL says they have a better program for keeping players with concussion syndromes off the field, but all players seems to return in no time.

Is it just as easy that football helmets provides better protection than hockey helmets and keep the impact to the brain to a much lesser scale?

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Now imagine that was Richards and we would be talking about the franchise being in danger. But our illustrious GM thought it was a smart decision not to buy out Brad.

If Richards gets injured with a concussion and can't be bought out, he will end his career on LTIR. Still, he better stay healthy this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad