2013-2014 CIS Regular Season Thread

SnipeShow91

Aug 9, 2010
The OUA season started back on October 2nd with Brock and UOIT kicking it off. UOIT has already played 4 games and sport an 0-3-1 record. Laurentian played their first game in 13 years, losing to York 6-1.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Went to the Warrios game last night UWaterloo beat Queens 3-2 in OT. Game was scoreless after 2. It was fun to be at. We have the Alumni Big ticket it was free so a nice test for my son to see if he would last through a hockey game (he's 4). He wanted to go home after 2 because he was tired, but we were able to convince him to stay until the end.

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
Unbelievable that UOIT has already played 4 games while some teams have yet to play 1 and will not begin until next week.

Strong start for the West conference, which is so far 16-3 against the East.

SnipeShow91

Aug 9, 2010
Unbelievable that UOIT has already played 4 games while some teams have yet to play 1 and will not begin until next week.

Strong start for the West conference, which is so far 16-3 against the East.

I'm not complaining about that 16-3 with RMC dropping 2 games to Lakehead, that we are not in a huge hole after the first weekend with arguably the biggest weekend of the season for RMC in a home series with Laurentian

WilcoxHound

Aug 26, 2011
Went to the Warrios game last night UWaterloo beat Queens 3-2 in OT. Game was scoreless after 2. It was fun to be at. We have the Alumni Big ticket it was free so a nice test for my son to see if he would last through a hockey game (he's 4). He wanted to go home after 2 because he was tired, but we were able to convince him to stay until the end.

Columbia Ice Field; one of my favourite old time arenas, wish I could be there more often.

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
I'm not complaining about that 16-3 with RMC dropping 2 games to Lakehead, that we are not in a huge hole after the first weekend with arguably the biggest weekend of the season for RMC in a home series with Laurentian

From the boxscore, RMC looked like they deserved a better result in that second game, outshooting Lakehead 14-5 in the second, and overall in the game.

After today, the West is now 17-3, but that should even up in the coming weeks as the East teams begin to host their share of inter-conference games.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
How many OUA teams have free admission to their games? I went to a Carleton exhibition game and there was no charge.

It may have been free because it was an exhibition. You do normally have to pay for the Waterloo games, but again we have the alumni big ticket for UWaterloo so it is free for us. I think it is normally $5 for student and $10 for non-students. I didn't really notice.

WilcoxHound

Aug 26, 2011
How many OUA teams have free admission to their games? I went to a Carleton exhibition game and there was no charge.

I've been to most OUA schools and as a non-student have always paid for regular season but never more than $10.

thook

Jan 9, 2010
Lakehead has always had good crowds. But lately the crowds have been getting smaller. This year it's $13 for me and $8 for my son who is 6. We used to attend every game but have started going to maybe every second. The prices of everything there has gone up and the product on the ice is not worth the money. Why not $10 and $5 and have bigger crowds? I don't get it.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Lakehead has always had good crowds. But lately the crowds have been getting smaller. This year it's $13 for me and $8 for my son who is 6. We used to attend every game but have started going to maybe every second. The prices of everything there has gone up and the product on the ice is not worth the money. Why not $10 and $5 and have bigger crowds? I don't get it.

Would crowds go up enough to cover the revenue? Usually not.

What about season passes? Manitoba is $10/$5 but passes are $60/$30. Barring scheduling conflicts with my son's hockey team, that's a good price for 18 games.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
It may have been free because it was an exhibition. You do normally have to pay for the Waterloo games, but again we have the alumni big ticket for UWaterloo so it is free for us. I think it is normally $5 for student and $10 for non-students. I didn't really notice.

Waterloo games are $10 for adults and $5 for non UW students, but Students are free, and, as you mentioned, Alumni are now free if they have the Big Ticket. The free student tickets and Alumni Big Ticket are only good for regular season.

Is that comparable to other OUA reg season rates (aside from Lakehead)?

thook

Jan 9, 2010
Would crowds go up enough to cover the revenue? Usually not.

What about season passes? Manitoba is $10/$5 but passes are $60/$30. Barring scheduling conflicts with my son's hockey team, that's a good price for 18 games.

Season tickets are '$200 and$100 for kids under 13

TFuel

Feb 27, 2013
I will be seeing Guelph and Lakehead twice this weekend. I see Huard is off to a very hot start and was named Athlete of the week by Guelph University. He's as good as there is when it comes time to bury them

Looking forward to a couple of good games

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
SMU/St. FX will be hosting the University Cup in Halifax in 2015-16.

As much as I would have loved to see UPEI get it holding it in Halifax was a no-brainer IMO.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/82...is-mens-hockey-nationals-in-2015-2016-source/

I have to agree. I love going to events in Halifax with the bars and restaurants right there downtown and a 4hr drive isn't that bad given we're the farthest AUS fan base to travel.

The last game I saw a game there was Canada vs Norway at the IIHF championships with Foyle.

Canada 2-1 over Norway in Prelim (a nice rush by Nash to score with 4min left in the game)

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
UNB defeats St. FX 5-2 to win their 25th consecutive home opener. It was a 3-2 game until late in the 3rd before UNB put it away with 2 goals in the final few minutes.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
UPEI over Dal 5-1. Tied at one apiece after the 1st then UPEI scored a couple of PP and one shorty. I was impressed with the speed of the Panthers. Their 3 rookie D-men all played quality minutes in all situations. Savage and Nadeau were in goal. Desousa did not dress for UPEI and Vandall for Dal.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Aus

UNB defeats St. FX 5-2 to win their 25th consecutive home opener. It was a 3-2 game until late in the 3rd before UNB put it away with 2 goals in the final few minutes.

X is a team that had a very small turnover and three solid recruits in Slaney, Gal and Chiaralitti. I see them as a team that will be tough to beat come february. Well coached and structured!
They should have a very competitive program for hosting Nationals in 2015.
SMU has had a very small turnover, but a ton of early injuries and are feeling the effects of the new 22 man roster put in place by the AUS this year.
Outside of Dal and STU, the AUS conference continues to be ultra competitive and I believe the hardest place to win in the CIS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad