2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
I would be very pleased if Mike McCarron turned out to be a larger version of Dave Semenko (.266p/g and 2 pim) over a 500-600 game NHL career. Even better would be a much larger version of John Ferguson Sr. Those 2 gentleman provided time and space for some of the better hockey players ever. We have potential at the forward for point production in the future but we will need 1 or 2 of the Mccarron type capable of playing on top lines to provide space for smaller skilled point getters.
Heres hoping for a bright future.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I would be very pleased if Mike McCarron turned out to be a larger version of Dave Semenko (.266p/g and 2 pim) over a 500-600 game NHL career. Even better would be a much larger version of John Ferguson Sr. Those 2 gentleman provided time and space for some of the better hockey players ever. We have potential at the forward for point production in the future but we will need 1 or 2 of the Mccarron type capable of playing on top lines to provide space for smaller skilled point getters.
Heres hoping for a bright future.

I'm hoping for our own, bigger ryan malone. Not to say your suggestions wouldn't be great, but I think mine is a bit more realistic. I don't have much faith in mccarron's fighting abilities.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Expecting a John Ferguson is a little much, from all reports the kid is not a natural fighter. Everyone expecting him to knock out heavyweights regularly might be more disappointed than those who care if he produces offensively.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Yes I agree but you get the idea,not so much emphasize on the point production.There are many ways this kid can help down the road.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I just hope Mccaron provides 15-20 goals a year on the third line ala Ryan Jones. These type of players can really help you become a contender. We need some production from our botttom lines. What I like about MT lines in practice its that it has depht. ITs not every team that has a guy like Bourque or DD (forget the struggling on the third line).

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Maccaron is -3 so far. :facepalm:

McCarron was on the ice for all four of Guelph's goals. It's been a horrible game for him and linemate Welychka thus far. At this point, both of them should probably be benched, or at the least, separated. It's just not working.

A continual trend this season has been his passing. His passes are almost always off, both in the offensive zone and defensive zone. It's been very costly to the Knights.

EDIT: McCarron demoted to the fourth line and then breaks his eight game pointless streak on the first shift. He won a puck battle, Platzer threw it out front and a lucky bounce put it on Leroux's stick who sniped one. Finally.

Last edited:

NewHabsEra*

I wonder if MacCaron was a Timmins pick or a Bergevin's one..

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Timmins pick....but with "needs" in sight. I usually say that I don't give any credit or fail to a GM as far as picks are concerned. But sometimes, when "needs" call so much....I'm pretty sure you will not make always the appropriate pick. I think that we are right to be concerned....but panic shouldn't happen though. Way too soon. Players like him have developed much later in their career.

My problem is that if the injury is bothering him so much so that his producting is declining by the game....why the heck do they play him? Are they that stupid? If not....the injury is probably just a good reason to explain something that doesn't deserved an explanation...just a bad stretch of a guy trying to fit in and has trouble doing it.

But having the worst stats out of the first 2 rounds in 2013...including other USHL guys having to deal with the NCAA...sorry, I will take the right to be concerned too. Slightly concerned that is.....so far.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I'm not concerned about McCarron yet at all. I thought Tinordi was really awful through much his first OHL season, and looked like a bad pick to me too, if you were just going on that. But he caught up nicely and is a great fit at present for the organization. McCarron may evolve similarly, so I'll keep my hopes up.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I didn't like any of our picks aside from DLR and Andrighetto this year. I think it's a little early to be worried about McCarron though just based on what he showed in training camp.

On a side note, does Lehkonen's team get shutout every single game? He's been the leading scorer with 11 points for the last 9 games.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
On a more positive note, Brady Vail after a disappointing WJC camp is having a pretty good season so far (similar to the start he had last season, hopefully this time he keeps it up). He has 19 pts in 16 GP so far. Corey Pronman was praising him on Twitter last night. I still think his skating and defensive game can get him in the NHL.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
I didn't like any of our picks aside from DLR and Andrighetto this year. I think it's a little early to be worried about McCarron though just based on what he showed in training camp.

On a side note, does Lehkonen's team get shutout every single game? He's been the leading scorer with 11 points for the last 9 games.

They really don't score much... I have been following them and they lost often by shutout or just 1 goal or so scored.

It is a shame because KalPa was among the good teams of the league for a while.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
If McCarron turns out to be Lucic, then it's Timmin's pick. If he becomes Turner Stevenson or Chad Kilger, then it's Bergevin's pick.

Dec 2, 2010
They really don't score much... I have been following them and they lost often by shutout or just 1 goal or so scored.

It is a shame because KalPa was among the good teams of the league for a while.
They're very VERY bad. No supporting cast and bad coaching.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
If McCarron turns out to be Lucic, then it's Timmin's pick. If he becomes Turner Stevenson or Chad Kilger, then it's Bergevin's pick.
Hmm, Stevenson played 600+ NHL games, had 10+ goal seasons and 25-ish points some years. Is it really realistic to expect more than that? :dunno:

Brandel*

Fucale is playing on sportsnet right now if anyone is interested

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One of the Rupert brothers seemed to have been hurt seriously tonight....not sure what it could mean for Big Mac's icetime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad