2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
New episode of quest to the cup tonight at 6. It's on the Knights' outdoor game among other things.

Last edited:

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
De La Rose's speed is ridiculous, can't wait to see him on the forecheck in the not so distant future. Anybody see any nhl upside in Gregoire? I haven't seen very many Baie Comeau games.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
He will be a poor man's Scott Neidermayer, solid 2nd or 3rd Dman Subban RD & Tinord LD. Second pairing LD behind Tinordi, partnered with Emelin.

Consistency was & still is the difference between 1st & 3rd rounds. Pacman is streaky too, I hope he can be just as streaky.

DLR could benefit from a year in the OHL, Bennett should make the Habs.

Defence pairings';

Subban - Beaulieu
Tinordi - Emelin
Bennett - Pateryn
Gorges - Thrower
Ellis - Drewiske

Solid defence for a decade.:nod:

A poor man's Scott Niedermayer? Now that's optimism, you must mean a very very very poor man, like homeless. I don't think there's any comparison to be made between a guy who will have an uphill climb to make the NHL to one of the best defencemen of all time. I'm as optimistic a Habs prospect watcher as any but that is far too much praise for Bennett.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
De La Rose's speed is ridiculous, can't wait to see him on the forecheck in the not so distant future. Anybody see any nhl upside in Gregoire? I haven't seen very many Baie Comeau games.

Gregoire started season on fire, but since about Halloween he must be cold as it gets. The first 15 games games he was among leading scorers in Q, now he is way less than ppg.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
A poor man's Scott Niedermayer? Now that's optimism, you must mean a very very very poor man, like homeless. I don't think there's any comparison to be made between a guy who will have an uphill climb to make the NHL to one of the best defencemen of all time. I'm as optimistic a Habs prospect watcher as any but that is far too much praise for Bennett.

I think he meant the style of play... not the level of play. At least that is my definition of a "poor man's version." He certainly didn't say a poor man's Scott Stevens which would have been ridiculous.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Connor Crisp had a goal and two assists last night. First star for him in the 7-1 victory. All three of his points were nice, especially his first assist, which demonstrated skill and patience. As I've said before, I think that he has more skill than us Habs fans often give him credit for. He sits third in Wolves goalscoring with 22 goals, ahead of Mathew Campagna (15) and Radek Faksa (19). Crisp is also fourth in Wolves points, with 44 in 51 games, 7 points ahead of fifth place Faksa.

Crisp's three points from last night:

Yes. Gregoire works very hard. He brings a consistent, physical effort to every game. Not the most skilled player, but he thinks the game well and has a good nose for the net. He had a good run last month, but since has been held pointless despite shooting a ton. 47 points in 51 games is still good production. Around a point-per-game was where I expected him to be this season.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe it's just me, but if DLR is going to get a bigger role (ie top 6) I wouldn't oppose him staying in SEL. Unlike with Collberg, his team seems to actually play him a lot and he seems to be improving.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Gregoire started season on fire, but since about Halloween he must be cold as it gets. The first 15 games games he was among leading scorers in Q, now he is way less than ppg.

He has 47 pts in 51 games. Haven't watched Baie-Comeau in a while, but he must have lost some key ice time with the arrivals of Hudon and St-Cyr.

My guess for the lines(That could confirm or infirm it though):

Hudon - Girard - Zykov
Gamelin - St-Cyr - Gorbunov
Paquin-Boudreau - Grégoire - Ranger
Imama - Banville - Poulin/Halagian

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
He has 47 pts in 51 games. Haven't watched Baie-Comeau in a while, but he must have lost some key ice time with the arrivals of Hudon and St-Cyr.

My guess for the lines(That could confirm or infirm it though):

Hudon - Girard - Zykov
Gamelin - St-Cyr - Gorbunov
Paquin-Boudreau - Grégoire - Ranger
Imama - Banville - Poulin/Halagian

Wow. That first line...

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Ah thanks! How does it work again? It's all the league champs versus the host team right?

yeap, unless London wins the OHL, then it would be the OHL finalists who'd go. Otherwise, WHL champs, OHL champs, QMJHL champs and this year's hosts the London Knights.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
yeap, unless London wins the OHL, then it would be the OHL finalists who'd go. Otherwise, WHL champs, OHL champs, QMJHL champs and this year's hosts the London Knights.

Thanks again. Yeah, it looks like there's a good chance to see a few of our guys in it again this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad