2013, 2014, and beyond

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
get used to the name Adam Erne folks...kid played for the Indiana Ice- USHL this past year. He is a player that as it stands should be very much mentioned in the top 10. Simply dynamic and a future star if he can continue to get stronger and mature.

Also any top 10 without Hudson Fasching at this point is missing the boat. I would put Fasching around the 5-7 spot. Kid is a powerhouse out of Minnesota!

Hey SEPH, can you tell me a bit more about Hunter Shinkaruk and Madison Bowey??? I believe I saw Hunter at a tourney 2 years back over the summer, and the kid was electric, a player to certainly look out for.

As for Bowey, I guess my question is why so high? I havent seen much of him to comment, but he is a pretty small defender which isnt the end all since he has time to grow, but what makes him a top 10 prospect this early on if you can comment on him.

Thanks

This is going to be a great year for Minnesotans also too.

Shinkaruk, basically a EVERYTHING player. He skates very well, plays a great 2-way game, has insane stickhandling, great shot, and wrap everything with great hockey IQ. He's played decent minutes on a decent team, but RS can tell you more about him.

Madison Bowey again like Shinkaruk is a very good all around player, just on defense. Probably one of the best skaters around and is very flashy like Doughty and Duchene. Going to be the next Murray in the dub and is going to the defense powerhouse, Kelowna.

(Probably sounding like a broken record, but..) Overall the guy to watch next year is Connor Rankin for Tri-City. This guy played TONS of minutes on a very deep Tri-City team and didn't look out of place at all. He already has great size and crashes to the net. Plays very physical for a 16 year old and will be a great power forward.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is going to be a great year for Minnesotans also too.

Shinkaruk, basically a EVERYTHING player. He skates very well, plays a great 2-way game, has insane stickhandling, great shot, and wrap everything with great hockey IQ. He's played decent minutes on a decent team, but RS can tell you more about him.

Madison Bowey again like Shinkaruk is a very good all around player, just on defense. Probably one of the best skaters around and is very flashy like Doughty and Duchene. Going to be the next Murray in the dub and is going to the defense powerhouse, Kelowna.

(Probably sounding like a broken record, but..) Overall the guy to watch next year is Connor Rankin for Tri-City. This guy played TONS of minutes on a very deep Tri-City team and didn't look out of place at all. He already has great size and crashes to the net. Plays very physical for a 16 year old and will be a great power forward.

Shinkaruk seems like a game breaker no doubt. I think he is going to have to work pretty hard to put up some monster stats these next two years. I hope he doesnt drop like McColgan and St Croix did...not saying he is the exact same as them, but he similar traits from what I have seen.

I just dont see Bowey that high. Maybe I am missing the boat on him but guys like Jones, Nurse, and Santini just seem so much more tantalizing at this early stage of the game over Bowey. Being the next Murray would be impressive, are you sure he can live up to that?

As for Rankin, I liked what I saw from the late 94. I think he should go ahead of Shinkaruk and Bowey, but you guys follow the WHL much more then I do. I like his size and ability to make things happen no matter where he is on the ice. The kid does not look like a perimiter type player then some of the others. He is a very solid player to have, and Tri-City is going to have some good times ahead with former LA Selects forward Brian Williams also a top 30 pick for the 2013 draft.

And yes Minnesota should have a huge draft in 2013. Plenty of talent all around for Minnesota this draft season. The 2012 and 2013 drafts could absolutely blow out the 2010 and 2011 drafts out of the water! Very exciting times ahead.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Shinkaruk seems like a game breaker no doubt. I think he is going to have to work pretty hard to put up some monster stats these next two years. I hope he doesnt drop like McColgan and St Croix did...not saying he is the exact same as them, but he similar traits from what I have seen.

I just dont see Bowey that high. Maybe I am missing the boat on him but guys like Jones, Nurse, and Santini just seem so much more tantalizing at this early stage of the game over Bowey. Being the next Murray would be impressive, are you sure he can live up to that?

Nurse is a very good player with great skills, his problem is he does not do enough he always leaves you wanting more and more...he has to add a physical game, he has to use his great skills to be more dominante on the ice and take over, he lacks the drive so far to take his game to the next level which could change...if it does change he is going to be amazing....

Bowey on the other hand, works hard, controls the play and has that explosivness on the ice.

Santini is an excellent dman with top 5 overall skills, he might go ahead of Bowey...Jones is hands down the best for the draft on defense IMO.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
A very long stretch here before this kid Makes a name at the next level, a 2001 born kid from California (no name on his jersey when I saw him) of Asian decent, kid was a one man show this weekend at a AAA tournament in Toronto. Keep an eye out for him in a few years, probably gonna be a WHL/USNTDP product if he continues to develop.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
A very long stretch here before this kid Makes a name at the next level, a 2001 born kid from California (no name on his jersey when I saw him) of Asian decent, kid was a one man show this weekend at a AAA tournament in Toronto. Keep an eye out for him in a few years, probably gonna be a WHL/USNTDP product if he continues to develop.

The Ronald MacDonald tournament? Id be a bit tempered by the enthusiasm. Its a summer tournament who most top AAA players dont take seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad