2013, 2014, and beyond

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Alright another one of these threads but lets get some new names in the mix.

Who are some favorites coming up in the drafts following the 2 most presents ones (2011/2012).

I know MacKinnon, Forsberg, Jones, and Domi are favorites for 2013; and Koys, DeAngelo, Ekblad, and Nylander are favorites for 2014.

Any names worth talking about? Any 2015 guys worth mentioning too?

Please: For the sake of this thread. If talking about 14-16 year old hockey players isn't your thing and you don't like it-- just put this thread on ignore. No need having 3-4 posts about hockey pedophiles and "too soon," there's plenty of people who see players this age and a lot are worth talking about. Yes there is a good chance that the best prospects for these drafts aren't even on the radar yet, but it's still fun to talk about exciting new prospects. And for fans of the CHL, etc. this is exciting because a lot of these young guys are going to be in their league within 1-2 years.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
I only know a bit about the swedes:

2013 looks like a strong draft for us. The big names born 1995 are all centers. Victor Crus Rydberg, Lukas Wallmark, Tobias Liljendahl and Jacob de la Rose. All of theese have had exceptional good seasons for guys at that age. Then there is also some good lateborn 1994's like the rightwinger Nick Sörensen. The 2012-draft looks decent (perhaps a bit thin?) for Sweden at this point, but 2013 could potentially be great.

I don't know much about the 96's. This guy racked up points in the U-16 championship despite being one year younger.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86181

Beyond that? Filip Forsberg (2012-eligble that's doing great as a underager in the u-18 championships right now) got a talanted brother that also impressed during the u-16 championship. He is a lateborn 1996, so will be 2015 eligble.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=99859

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I only know a bit about the swedes:

2013 looks like a strong draft for us. The big names born 1995 are all centers. Victor Crus Rydberg, Lukas Wallmark, Tobias Liljendahl and Jacob de la Rose. All of theese have had exceptional good seasons for guys at that age. Then there is also some good lateborn 1994's like the rightwinger Nick Sörensen. The 2012-draft looks decent (perhaps a bit thin?) for Sweden at this point, but 2013 could potentially be great.

I don't know much about the 96's. This guy racked up points in the U-16 championship despite being one year younger.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86181

Beyond that? Filip Forsberg (2012-eligble that's doing great as a underager in the u-18 championships right now) got a talanted brother that also impressed during the u-16 championship. He is a lateborn 1996, so will be 2015 eligble.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=99859

For 2013 you should add Andreas Johnson (RW), Elias Lindholm (C) and Anton Cederholm (D) as well. André Burakowsky (C/W), Robert Hagg (D) and Victor Ohman (C) are looking good as well. Then we have a dark horse in OEL's little brother Kevin. He's got his brother talent but has some growing to do before he is being easier to evaluate.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
2014 - Sam Reinhart (Kootenay Ice)
-He is a late 1995 born player. He was a call-up during the playoffs against the #2 CHL ranked Saskatoon Blades and did not look out of place at all. In fact, he had numorous chances. He is currently playing at the Telus Cup in St. John's and in his first game had 3 goals and 6 assists! He is 6'2 170 already and is going to be a force.

His brother Griffin Reinhart who plays with the Edmonton Oil Kings is a big 6'4 dman who will go very early in the 2012 NHL draft.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
the Reinharts are the best brothers in hockey since the Staals. Griffen could be a top ten pick and Max is having a great playoffs for Kooteney

Latex*

In before the casual "This is borderline pedofilia" comment.

But i know Rasmus Ristolainen looks like a good prospect for Finland for 2013, aswell as Alexander Barkov (sp?)

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

In before the casual "This is borderline pedofilia" comment.

But i know Rasmus Ristolainen looks like a good prospect for Finland for 2013, aswell as Alexander Barkov (sp?)

Aleksander Barkov AKA Sasha Barkov

Yeah Ristolainen and Barkov look good.

pouskin74*

Alright another one of these threads but lets get some new names in the mix.

Who are some favorites coming up in the drafts following the 2 most presents ones (2011/2012).

I know MacKinnon, Forsberg, Jones, and Domi are favorites for 2013; and Koys, DeAngelo, Ekblad, and Nylander are favorites for 2014.

Any names worth talking about? Any 2015 guys worth mentioning too?

Please: For the sake of this thread. If talking about 14-16 year old hockey players isn't your thing and you don't like it-- just put this thread on ignore. No need having 3-4 posts about hockey pedophiles and "too soon," there's plenty of people who see players this age and a lot are worth talking about. Yes there is a good chance that the best prospects for these drafts aren't even on the radar yet, but it's still fun to talk about exciting new prospects. And for fans of the CHL, etc. this is exciting because a lot of these young guys are going to be in their league within 1-2 years.

2013?? Nichuskin will own this draft!

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Anthony Duclair - 2013, best eastern player behind Nate makinnon,
Curtis Lazar - 2013, highly skilled forward from the west
Eric Comrie - 2013, top goaltender in the west

goodfellas

Jan 29, 2011
Don't know why the name of Taylor Cammarata ('95 born) is never mentioned. He puts up HUGE numbers this year at shattuck's (139 pts in 54 games). Is it a question of size in his case? I never saw him play, but i'm intrigued by this guy. He seems to be offensively gifted.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Don't know why the name of Taylor Cammarata ('95 born) is never mentioned. He puts up HUGE numbers this year at shattuck's (139 pts in 54 games). Is it a question of size in his case? I never saw him play, but i'm intrigued by this guy. He seems to be offensively gifted.

He was just drafted first overall into the USHL.

DeAngelo and Cammarata next year in the USHL will be fun to see.

Too bad I'll be back in Denver with no USHL team :(

Maybe over breaks.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
2013?? Nichuskin will own this draft!

Yeah, just like Kabanov!:sarcasm:

Sorry, couldn't resist. But Nichushkin is new Ovechkin kinda slowed down lately.

There are some good looking prospects for 2013 in Russia. But it shall be easier to speak next year.

pouskin74*

Yeah, just like Kabanov!:sarcasm:

Sorry, couldn't resist. But Nichushkin is new Ovechkin kinda slowed down lately.

There are some good looking prospects for 2013 in Russia. But it shall be easier to speak next year.

Kabanov is back on track again as we have seen during the playoffs. He is only 18 years old, and i still believe that in terms of 5 years he will prove to everyone that he is the best player out of 2010 draft! he is not under the pressure anymore so he can develop again in normal way(bad influence by his entourage is in past).NB: obviously he dont have swedish genes but however he is pretty good one:)
PS: there is many good and promising prospects in Russia for 2013 but Nichuskin is the "destiny" for all and entire draft!:naughty:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Americans

(95) Tyler Motte, Evan Allen, Alex Smith (All from national champion Detroit Honeybaked)

Ontario

(95) Bryson Cianfrone (Marlies), Bo Horvat (Elgin Middlesex)

(96) Aaron Ekblad (Sun County), Joshua Ho-Sang (Marlies)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Nichuskin
I think he will play in MHL and KHL at least for his 20-23 years. Just like Kuznetsov.
He played for juniors of Traktor in post-season tourney this month. So I hope he will get a chance to play MHL next season. Would be great to see him in Slovakia :handclap:

KingJet*

Madison Bowey, going to Kelowna that develop good defenseman such as Shea Weber, Tyler Myers, Luke Schenn, Scott Hannan and Alex Edler (and soon to be Tyson Barrie).

As told by scouts best skater at the Halifax games and draws a ton of Comparisons to Drew Doughty, won Provincial AAA defenseman of the year.

Genu

Mar 19, 2011
Finland

Miro twinbrother, Atte Mäkinen, who is also interesting prospect. I've even heard compares to Sedins.

For Finland, 2013 and 2014 seems very good.

2013: Ristolainen, Barkov, Jonatan Tanus, Juuso Ikonen, Jimi Kuronen and Ville Husso

2013 seems to be best draftclass for Finland since 2001/2002. I would say that at this moment Ristolainen, Barkov, maybe Husso would be in first round.

2014: Hälli, Mäkinen brothers, Joni Tuulola, Waltteri Hopponen, Otto Nieminen and Kalle Tervo

2014 doesn't look bad either. I think Hälli would be at this moment in first round, maybe Tuulola and Hopponen to.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
For what it's worth, THN thinks Morgan Klimchuk (Calgary Buffaloes, AMHL) could be a very high pick in 2013.

They also think Darnell Nurse is the next Chris Pronger. For crying out loud, why are so many defensive prospects declared the next Chris Pronger?! Seriously!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->