Max Domi

2014 NHL Prospects
Nick Ritchie
Michael Dal Colle
Anthony DeAngelo
Aaron Ekblad
Joshua Ho Sang
Ashley Cameron

This list is missing alot of kids from the West.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Keagan kanzig, jared hauf, and jt morrissey looked good for team alberta at canada games and were all first rounders in the whl bantam draft last year. Kanzig and hauf are both already 6'5 and could grow an inch or 2

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm a late 94, I could see myself going 2nd Round in 2013.

Wait, is Competitive "B" not a good enough league to get drafted? :sarcasm:

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Btw, I am head over heels in love with Monahan.

Same here, the kid will be a top 10 for sure and even a top 5 for the 2013. The kid as all ready prove himself worthy that he belong in the OHL. Watch out next year!! I think he'll have over 1.250 PPG next year int he OHL.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Does anybody know something about defenseman Jaakko Hälli, who played this season Jr. C hockey in Finland? His stats look good in that league, and he seems to have solid size at 5´11".

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Does anybody know something about defenseman Jaakko Hälli, who played this season Jr. C hockey in Finland? His stats look good in that league, and he seems to have solid size at 5´11".
Hälli has a pretty good head for the game and he's fairly good in all areas of the game. Personally I like Joni Tuulola more, his defensive game requires a lot of work, but he has good puck skills and could develop into a fine puck moving defenseman. Alex Lintuniemi could be another interesting Finnish defenseman for the 2014 NHL draft, he's inconsistent, but shows flashes of brilliance and has good size. Overall the 2014 draft doesn't look too good for Finland, but luckily a lot can still change.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
This list is missing alot of kids from the West.

Can't name everyone or else the list would be too long. Plus these are just some kids that are playing well now. There will be guys under the radar that will add their names to the table in the next couple years.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Can't name everyone or else the list would be too long. Plus these are just some kids that are playing well now. There will be guys under the radar that will add their names to the table in the next couple years.

Yea, I see that but guys like Bowey, and Sam Reinhart had huge years and are considered elite out this way.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Isn't there some kid from Newfoundland who plays on a u-16s team, born in 97?

Another 97 of note, Giorgio Estaphan from Edmonton SSAC bantam AAA. 65 points as a first year bantam.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Isn't there some kid from Newfoundland who plays on a u-16s team, born in 97?

Another 97 of note, Giorgio Estaphan from Edmonton SSAC bantam AAA. 65 points as a first year bantam.

New brunswick, his name is luc dechenes and he is a 97 and played on the nb u16 and canada games teams, people are saying he is as good as gormley was at that age so he should be an interesting player to watch.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Hälli has a pretty good head for the game and he's fairly good in all areas of the game. Personally I like Joni Tuulola more, his defensive game requires a lot of work, but he has good puck skills and could develop into a fine puck moving defenseman. Alex Lintuniemi could be another interesting Finnish defenseman for the 2014 NHL draft, he's inconsistent, but shows flashes of brilliance and has good size. Overall the 2014 draft doesn't look too good for Finland, but luckily a lot can still change.

Thank you once again for the information.

I see 2013 draft as a very good year for Finland at the moment, and can´t wait to see Tappara and its players like Barkov and Tanus playing (I didn´t see the team this year). I hope Husso will play next season at least somewhat in Jr. A so I could see him playing more.

Helsingin Jokerit

Mar 13, 2011
2013 is great for finland, Alexander(/Sasha) Barkov, Juuso Ikonen, Jonatan Tanus, Ville Husso, Rasmus Ristolainen. All could be 1st round picks.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
New brunswick, his name is luc dechenes and he is a 97 and played on the nb u16 and canada games teams, people are saying he is as good as gormley was at that age so he should be an interesting player to watch.

his offensive game is beyond Gormleys at the same age...Duchenes could be the best dman from Atlantic Canada since Al MacInnis

The kids from NFLD that the guy is talking about is Nathan Noel...this kid could be the next Nathan MacKinnon he is that good. He will be playing Shattuck St Mary's next year, so will the defenseman who is awsome from NFLD Andrew Picco he is already 6'00 tall and is going with Noel to Shattuck and Picco is something to watch himself.

Also Colby Tower is a name from Nova Scotia to keep an ear out for, he might play Major Midget next year as a 14 year old.

The 97 group of Atlantic Canadiens are amazing top end talent so far, lets hope they keep it up.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
2013 is great for finland, Alexander(/Sasha) Barkov, Juuso Ikonen, Jonatan Tanus, Ville Husso, Rasmus Ristolainen. All could be 1st round picks.

Ikonen and Tanus are very good players for their age, but both are small, so it might be better to wait and see how they grow before talking about NHL draft or first round.

Barkov and Ristolainen could be 1st rounders if all things work out, but Barkov needs more skating power in order to become better involved with the game and Ristolainen needs to become smarter in the defensive end. Husso is a good goalie prospect, but on most nights playing with HIFK doesn't offer as much challenge as playing for some weaker team would, not an ideal situation for development.

pouskin74*

Teemu Selänne,Saku Koivu,Jarri Kurri,Esa Tikkanen and Olii Jokinen all in same year?:sarcasm: just awesome:laugh:

pouskin74*

In 2002 there were 5 Finns in the 1st round. It's unlikely, but remotely possible. And 'could' isn't the same as 'will'.

i didnt mean to laugh on anybody just made a little joke:) BTW you are one of my favorite posters around here, so if you say so...

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
He was just drafted first overall into the USHL.

DeAngelo and Cammarata next year in the USHL will be fun to see.

Too bad I'll be back in Denver with no USHL team :(

Maybe over breaks.

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him in the OHL next year. Three years in the USHL will not be good for his development.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Wouldn't at all be surprised to see him in the OHL next year. Three years in the USHL will not be good for his development.

Is he eligible for this year's OHL Draft?

I don't think he'll do that... He may just go to Ann Arbor... Seems like a true Red-White-N-Blue American kid who wants to play the NCAA circuit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad