2013-14 WHL Regular Season Thread

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Any idea on where Pilon gets traded to? A contender? Maybe an up-and-coming young team?

What do you guys think the Hurricane's asking price for Pilon will be? I'm guessing a lot.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Any idea on where Pilon gets traded to? A contender? Maybe an up-and-coming young team?

What do you guys think the Hurricane's asking price for Pilon will be? I'm guessing a lot.

I hope its alot. He's a stud. But knowing this sad organization they will get nothing in return. I read on twitter that within an hour of the news, the Canes had 15 calls asking about Pilon. Hopefully they can get a good deal, make this a little easier to swallow.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Tonight was a good night.

The Rebels picked up a WIN, something they haven't done in a while, only winning 2 of there last 10 games! Tonight was a Shutout Victory for that matter, even so!

Patty Bartosak stopped all 19/19 shots faced against him, for his seventh-career WHL Shutout. Connor Bleackley also picked up his 9th goal of the season, and Team-Leading 21st point. Connor was also just named The Rebels Captain, on Friday:

http://www.whl.ca/article/red-deer-rebels-bleackley-named-captain

Well Deserved! It couldnt've come to a better leader, and great young player like himself. Hadyn Fleury, Brooks Maxwell and Lukas Sutter have been named Alternates.

Also tonight, the Oil Kings picked up there third straight Shutout Victory; against the Kamloops Blazers, 5-0! This comes after a 5-0 win over the Royals and 3-0 win over the Giants.

Rookie Netminder Tyler Santos, however, was in tonight's game, while Tristan Jarry was in the other two. Tyler put up his first-career WHL Shutout, stopping all 33/33 faced against! He also picked up his first-career win.

Also Rookie Brandon Ralph put up both his first and seond career WHL goals in tonight's contest. Tristan Jarry, who struggled at the begining of the year is now rounding into form and now leads the League in GAA for Goalies, at 2.09.

The Rebels next game in tomorrow versus the WHL's worst team, the Lethbridge Hurricanes. The Oil Kings also battle the Kelowna Rockets.

ChaoticCoffee64

Nov 8, 2013
Kelowna, BC
Kelowna Rockets win their seventh straight game tonight vs the Oil Kings 2-0.

Cooke with his 7th career shutout.

14-2-0-2 record with 30 points, tied for first overall in WHL at the moment!

Good job boys!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Brandon acquires Ryan Pilon from Lethbridge for spare parts in another headscratching move.

http://www.whl.ca/article/wheat-kings-and-hurricanes-make-trade

Damn I feel sorry for their fans.

Brandon is going to be a powerhouse in the next year or two.

Are you surprised? They took away those beautiful Hurricanes jerseys with the WWII fighter plane and replaced it with an H and a black/red booger getting wiped from a nose. The fans deserve WAY better, but in reality they're becoming the new Prince George.

Oct 15, 2008
Attendance for last game was under 3k. Werent there rumours of them being up for sale?

I wonder how long they last in Lethbridge tbh.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Attendance for last game was under 3k. Werent there rumours of them being up for sale?

I wonder how long they last in Lethbridge tbh.

If they were to be sold, I would imagine that it would be to Versteeg who would keep the team here. I would imagine that there would be quite the blacklash if they sold the team to someone who moved them, as opposed to selling them to the best hockey player produced by the city, who wants to buy and keep the team here.

edmontonfan59

Nov 9, 2009
Anyone know when the Trade deadline is this season? I heard somewhere that it's Feb 3rd this year?? That seems really late.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
A lot happening in the Royals organization lately. Palmer and Blomqvist in, Harrison and Lofthouse out.

Royals currently playing on Shaw TV, Soy made it 1-0 and that's the score after one.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hi guys,

unfortunately i`m not able to catch WHL games. But as a Ducks fan, i was wondering how has Shea Theodore looked this season? He leads Seattle in scoring, i wonder how good he looks on the ice? There is concerns about his defensive and physical play, i guess his offense and skating is just fine...

Anyone can comment on that?

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Hi guys,

unfortunately i`m not able to catch WHL games. But as a Ducks fan, i was wondering how has Shea Theodore looked this season? He leads Seattle in scoring, i wonder how good he looks on the ice? There is concerns about his defensive and physical play, i guess his offense and skating is just fine...

Anyone can comment on that?

He's looked great for Seattle, I don't think defense and physicality is too much of an issue right now, but it might be when he makes the jump.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Do they win ten games this year?

Honestly, I couldn't tell ya. I went to the first game and haven't seen them since, so I don't know much about them, other than they are ****ty. :laugh:

They are routinely allowing 50 shots per game, and have a GAA of 5, not going to win many games that way.

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
A lot happening in the Royals organization lately. Palmer and Blomqvist in, Harrison and Lofthouse out.

Royals currently playing on Shaw TV, Soy made it 1-0 and that's the score after one.
I've heard good things about Blomqvist (and he's been noticeable on the score sheet), don't know anything about Palmer.

Scouting reports?

Harrison was meh and Lofthouse was garbage.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I've heard good things about Blomqvist (and he's been noticeable on the score sheet), don't know anything about Palmer.

Scouting reports?

Harrison was meh and Lofthouse was garbage.

I'm optimistic about Blomqvist, he's shown a lot of promise and his size alone is good enough to contribute on the team.

Palmer is a scorer turned two-way forward once he hit the Dub. Back in minor hockey he was a scoring machine and he had the best hands in the league by far. However his scoring touch didn't pan out in his time with the Wheat Kings and he's transformed his game into a 200-foot game. He gets chances, he just needs that extra jump in his step to get that shot off a split second quicker and bury his chances.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Haven't been following the Oil Kings nearly as much as I'd like to this year, been to lazy to go out and see them, lol. Tonight they play Lethbridge on Sportsnet, so this'll be a nice treat!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad