2013-14 WHL Regular Season Thread

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For all the Lofthouse hate, he's been pretty damn good this month.

Bozon is around ppg, but damn I thought he would have a killer season and be somewhere in the top 4-7 in scoring.

Troock has got to be the biggest surprise for me this season. I still think he's a bottom 6 player in the NHL, but perhaps is developing some solid secondary scoring skills as well.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
For all the Lofthouse hate, he's been pretty damn good this month.

Bozon is around ppg, but damn I thought he would have a killer season and be somewhere in the top 4-7 in scoring.

Troock has got to be the biggest surprise for me this season. I still think he's a bottom 6 player in the NHL, but perhaps is developing some solid secondary scoring skills as well.

I agree, I thought Bozon's numbers would spike when he got the chance to play with Reinhart. Guess not.

arsmaster*

Shinkaruk having hip surgery. Done for the season.

Likely done with the WHL. Tough blow for the tigers although him playing injured wasnt much help for them anyways.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Shinkaruk having hip surgery. Done for the season.

Likely done with the WHL. Tough blow for the tigers although him playing injured wasnt much help for them anyways.

Good thing that he finally gave in, playing injured wasn't helping anyone.

Hopefully he has a successful surgery and returns for the Utica Comets next season at 100%.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Vollrath has been playing some insane hockey. You guys think he gets drafted?

Is anyone here going to watch Reinhart vs Reinhart today?

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
In a battle of the two worst teams in the CHL the Blazers beat the Hurricanes 7-1. Yep, that seems about right! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The unheralded Oil Kings continue their surprising season with two straight wins over the Hitmen this weekend to take 1st place in the Eastern Conference. I was not expecting this type of season from the OKs after losing basically an entire top line and some important secondary players in the offseason. Very impressed with Laxdal and his staff as well.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The unheralded Oil Kings continue their surprising season with two straight wins over the Hitmen this weekend to take 1st place in the Eastern Conference. I was not expecting this type of season from the OKs after losing basically an entire top line and some important secondary players in the offseason. Very impressed with Laxdal and his staff as well.

How has Jarry looked?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How has Jarry looked?

He's been very solid for the most part this season. Started off very shaky and has had the odd stinker here and there but he's been good when they needed him to be. Always wary of goaltenders playing behind powerhouse teams because their stats are almost always skewed, but Jarry is a very good goaltender at this level.

Oct 15, 2008
Wtf is going on with PA? Leading the EC earlier now they are out of a playoff spot and last night they lose to Lethbridge?

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Franko came off the cycle on a delayed penalty and missed his target on the point with a pass.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Hicketts is back, 2 assists tonight.
OT winner tonight.

Someone draft this kid in June. Preferably the Canucks.

So looking forward to the Royals' playoff run this year. If they can stay healthy, I think they can do some damage.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oil Kings beat Kelowna again. I really want to see these two teams meet in the Finals this year. They are the class of the league so far.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I dont know. Portland is absolutely stomping everyone. I dont see how anyone can stop them. Unfortunately.

Oil Kings can beat them (and did so), Kelowna can beat them, or if things go right in a series any one of the other Western Conference powers (Seattle, Spokane, etc.) can beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad