Speculation: 2013-14 Trade rumors and proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Speaking completely out of my ass, I think it would be plausible the Bolts could deal with Nashville for Josi. Now that Seth Jones is holding his own with Weber and they've got a few D in their system that could step into the #3/4 role, I think they'd be looking for some scoring forwards to raise that 1.9 goals/game average.

With Salo, it's just a matter of time before he goes down or retires, and I think Josi has a chance to be a #2/3 Defender for the Lightning. Anyone else? Maybe Connolly + 2nd for Josi?

Think this might be too much with the second? Think is close as is for connolly straight up.

I will say I would take erhoff for connolly and a second. I dont mind his cap hit contract for next 8 years honestly is gonna be a steal at one point and I think for us he is the 45-50 point pmd that was in vancouver.

Do you guys think we trade Aulie soon while he still has value? Sustr is everything Aulie was supposed to be for us, just better. I love Aulie personally, but he is redundant for us.

A big, young defender could be a good piece for a top 4 defenceman. An Aulie-Connolly package might bring some looks in. Just thinking.

I am not sure of Aulies worth but would honestly believe a pick is worth more at this point.

Aulie might be worth a flyer for some teams a 5th rounder but am not sure. See his stock dropping. He just doesnt have the stats to back up his size at all. We have fans who think he has worth I have seen it but you look at the deep stats and they are not there even last year. Is very disappointing honestly.

He has time he is young I have guys who yell and scream for him over sustr ( because he supposed to be more of a hitter better at pk blocks etc.. than you go into corsi hits blocks everything and man he comes up lacking).

I doubt he is in dog house as some have claimed in other places but he really has not stepped it up at all.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
Think this might be too much with the second? Think is close as is for connolly straight up.

Nope. Josi is a proven top 4 defender on one of the most defensively oriented teams in the league. For all Connolly's upside, he's still an unproven commodity at the NHL level. Plus, the Preds just signed Josi to like a 4 year extension, so they obviously value him. Much more than just a straight up trade for a promising winger.

MAYBE Purcell for Josi straight up, but anything with Connolly would have to come with something extra or would be for a promising defenseman (like one of the Coyotes guys).

Bottom line is, I see Purcell and Connolly as redundant. One of them is expendable. Don't care which, but there's no reason to keep them both.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
I am not sure of Aulies worth but would honestly believe a pick is worth more at this point.

Aulie might be worth a flyer for some teams a 5th rounder but am not sure. See his stock dropping. He just doesnt have the stats to back up his size at all. We have fans who think he has worth I have seen it but you look at the deep stats and they are not there even last year. Is very disappointing honestly.

He has time he is young I have guys who yell and scream for him over sustr ( because he supposed to be more of a hitter better at pk blocks etc.. than you go into corsi hits blocks everything and man he comes up lacking).

I doubt he is in dog house as some have claimed in other places but he really has not stepped it up at all.

No way we move a defender - depth on the blueline is something we lack.

Why trade Aulie (say what you want about him, he is a bottom pairing dman who can PK), that is a valuable commodity to a team with as little depth on the blueline as us.

All SFYs move to me prove he likes that added security as opposed to a blueline where 1 injury (say for example Salo) wrecks the season/forces a costly trade.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
No way we move a defender - depth on the blueline is something we lack.

Why trade Aulie (say what you want about him, he is a bottom pairing dman who can PK), that is a valuable commodity to a team with as little depth on the blueline as us.

All SFYs move to me prove he likes that added security as opposed to a blueline where 1 injury (say for example Salo) wrecks the season/forces a costly trade.

I would keep aulie that was the point. I think he is worth a TON more to us at this point than as trade bait.

Not sold on barberio just is too young aulie I dont worry on constantly just wish his stats were more on hits and blocked shots but as said he is young I would guess he is like 24? Still plenty of time for him to turn into a brewer so to speak.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I would keep aulie that was the point. I think he is worth a TON more to us at this point than as trade bait.

Not sold on barberio just is too young aulie I dont worry on constantly just wish his stats were more on hits and blocked shots but as said he is young I would guess he is like 24? Still plenty of time for him to turn into a brewer so to speak.

I just hate seeing Aulie and Barberio stuck on the bench (scratched) all the time. Doesnt help a young player to just sit. I agree that he is worth more to us right now than anyone else, but thats why I wondered if one of them would be a good package piece if we were getting another defender out of the deal.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
I just hate seeing Aulie and Barberio stuck on the bench (scratched) all the time. Doesnt help a young player to just sit. I agree that he is worth more to us right now than anyone else, but thats why I wondered if one of them would be a good package piece if we were getting another defender out of the deal.

Right now trading for a defender is a lateral move at best unless we're going for a sure fire top-3 defender and those do not come cheap.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Right now trading for a defender is a lateral move at best unless we're going for a sure fire top-3 defender and those do not come cheap.

If you are looking for a top pair D man, then think Drouin +, or Kucherov/Connolly ++. That is why most teams top D men come through the draft, or trade at a very early stage of their development and progress beyond what was expected.

IMO it is better to see if Sustr or Koekkoek develop into that role. I think both will be at least 2nd pair. Give Salo another year if he stays healthy most of this year.

In 2/3 years:
Headman Sustr
Carle KoekKoek
Gudas

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Robert brought up Ehrhoff earlier, with a Buffalo fire sale around the corner, this is a great piece for the Lightning to target. And honestly don't see it costing an arm and a leg.

Ehrhoff definitely improves a team weakness, puck-moving D-man with good offense and defense. Buffalo is rebuilding, we have tons of prospects, the only thing is the whole inter division trading, but really, I doubt Buffalo becomes that big a threat for at least 2 years.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Robert brought up Ehrhoff earlier, with a Buffalo fire sale around the corner, this is a great piece for the Lightning to target. And honestly don't see it costing an arm and a leg.

Ehrhoff definitely improves a team weakness, puck-moving D-man with good offense and defense. Buffalo is rebuilding, we have tons of prospects, the only thing is the whole inter division trading, but really, I doubt Buffalo becomes that big a threat for at least 2 years.

Ehrhoff is 31 and signed till he's almost 40 I want no part of that. He's a LH which we don't need with Hedman and Carle plus he has a NTC. I'd rather pay more for Myers or try to get Pysyk.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Ehrhoff is 31 and signed till he's almost 40 I want no part of that. He's a LH which we don't need with Hedman and Carle plus he has a NTC. I'd rather pay more for Myers or try to get Pysyk.

Erhoff is 31 but only signed till 38 I thought? I was pretty sure of this on a front loaded contract is like 22 million owed over the rest of contract last 3 years like 1 million cap hit is 4 million a year.

I just believe he is good for that time and more like the 40 point vancouver player than the player for buffalo.

I like myers and pysyk also.

I just think we need a legit D top pairing if erhoff was available I would chase him among lots of others he is not at top of my list but also not a bad option.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Why would the lightning need anymore "potential" D-man, I'd rather have a solid veteran.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Why would the lightning need anymore "potential" D-man, I'd rather have a solid veteran.

I agree with limitations. We don't want to get handcuffed by that ****** contract, for one. Two, if we can find a young but confident Dman (of the Josi mold), that would be excellent as well. Ehrhoff is not the guy I like, to be honest. If he had one year left on his deal, maybe, but not with that albatross.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I agree with limitations. We don't want to get handcuffed by that ****** contract, for one. Two, if we can find a young but confident Dman (of the Josi mold), that would be excellent as well. Ehrhoff is not the guy I like, to be honest. If he had one year left on his deal, maybe, but not with that albatross.

His contract would not be that bad if we took it on now considering Buffalo already ate up the 2 frontloaded years at 18million. He has a 4m cap hit for 7 more years, and costing only 1m/year in the final 3 years. Considering Salo's caphit is nearly identical, it's a good idea for a replacement and the fact that we love to go after Vancouver's sloppy seconds :sarcasm:.

That being said, I'd love a D-man like Josi or any young defenseman who's proven and confident right now, we don't need anymore guys who "could be good" and prone to rookie mistakes.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Last year, Connolly was like a man amongst boys at the AHL level. This year, his game has regressed. I believe we can point the fickle finger at his demotion after the training camp he had. He looks so out of place, it is actually sad to see him play. He is skating away from his linemates when they are in little scrums, and just seems to be coasting with that infamous "Why the frig am I in Syracuse" attitude. The way he is playing right now, we would probably have to give the puck bag back if we traded him for some sticks and a bag of pucks.
If he doesn't wake up quick to the fact he needs to earn the roster spot in the "Show" by playing hard THIS year at the AHL level, might as well keep him here until he wakes up or is traded as the "throw in" for a player who actually gives an honest effort.

2016cupwinners

May 2, 2013
Last year, Connolly was like a man amongst boys at the AHL level. This year, his game has regressed. I believe we can point the fickle finger at his demotion after the training camp he had. He looks so out of place, it is actually sad to see him play. He is skating away from his linemates when they are in little scrums, and just seems to be coasting with that infamous "Why the frig am I in Syracuse" attitude. The way he is playing right now, we would probably have to give the puck bag back if we traded him for some sticks and a bag of pucks.
If he doesn't wake up quick to the fact he needs to earn the roster spot in the "Show" by playing hard THIS year at the AHL level, might as well keep him here until he wakes up or is traded as the "throw in" for a player who actually gives an honest effort.

That's why maturity is so important. When things don't go your way, do you sulk and fall apart, or realize that work is the solution to making your situation better. Connolly has a history of falling apart when things don't go his way. It's something he needs to fix before he's really ready.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What about:

Del Zotto for Connolly + pick

What about: No

Del Zotto is of no use to us. We need a more physical RHD like Girardi. Don't see you selling him yet but there might be a firesale up there soon and I'd move Connolly for him then.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina

I watch a lot of Sabres games, and trust me, we don't want Myers. He just looks....lost. Seriously, just absolutely listless. I almost feel bad for the kid, but I wouldn't if he were on the Lightning. Then I'd hate him with every fiber of my being.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks for keeping the conversation civil right off the bat.

Cheers

You're welcome. It's just we've beaten this dead horse enough with Del Zotto, he's a good player but would not do anything for this team. We get the same offers over and again so it gets frustrating.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
If NHL 14 trading on hard is any indication, Josi can be had for Ondrej Palat, Ryan Malone, and a 2014 3rd. At least I think that was the trade I made in the 1st year. Gaustad was a throw in for physicality XD

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
TSN reports the #Sabres will trade Ryan Miller at the 1st opportunity they get, he will not be re-signed.

I'd like to trade for him. Lindback + for Miller. UFA after this season. He would be a great mentor for Bishop and tandem Bishop/Miller looks awesome.. but yeah, the price will be too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad