Speculation: 2013-14 Trade rumors and proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I always appreciate talking about ideas to improve the team and love playing armchair GM in my head :) I thought we could need a thread for such guys as well (hoping for many other "baby" GMs on our board)

Most team sides have such threads and I really like talking my ideas with the other teams fans there and as those threads are generally way more friendly than the main board, I prefer writing in them as of late.

So get your heads burning and come up with some great proposals....

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
And I will start with my belief that Connolly has no longterm place on this team and that I expect him to be traded this season. If we keep playing like this I think we will trade him along with a pick for a younger (under 30) top4 defender at the trade deadline.
The problem is not many of those will be available.
My favorites would be the likes of Cowen, Polak, Giordano and some others, but I don't see any of them available at this point

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think moving Connolly is something we would regret. I really hope we don't move him, honestly.

HotPaquette

Apr 7, 2012
Sarasota, Fl
I think moving Connolly is something we would regret. I really hope we don't move him, honestly.

I don't think we would, we have so many good forward prospects we should trade him for a solid defensemen, and if he does pan out cool we have 5 other guys who are playing well on our team and have developed into very solid players.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I'm with this. I think Connolly fits with the team pretty well. He has some size, which helps a lot, and it's good to have a second finisher to take some heat off Stamkos.

Namestnikov, I think, is a guy who might not have a future with this team. The team got suddenly very deep down the middle. Both Drouin and Erne are playing center in the Q right now.

Kucherov is a guy that I hope we hang on to, simply because he's excelled at every level so far, but I think he's an awkward fit on the Bolts as they are right now. So I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him moved if some incredible offer came along.

Something's gotta give soon though in the top-6. I really thought Purcell was a candidate to move to make some room, but he's played well this year.

The Yzerplan

Not enough goalies
May 14, 2009
In the next 2 years (if we don't count RFAs), we only have Malone as a expiring contract in our top 9.
Connolly, Drouin and Kucherov all potentially need room in the top 6, after 2 years.

Connolly should be up here at least by next year, but there still won't be any room for him, because I don't think any team is going to take Malone's contract.

kisin

Sep 22, 2009
Czech republic
Namestnikov is still 2+ years away, no point in trading him. Things might change considerably within 2 years. Honestly, we've got plenty of really good F prospects but I see Connolly being the only natural goal scorer. His ceiling's high, don't want to trade him just because we have some serious depth at the forward positions. Sooner or later he'll replace Malone.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Purcell is a piece we could move for a good return, although admittedly I don't want to part with him either.

TOO MANY FORWARDS!

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Don't think anyone takes Malone, hopefully he will be bought out or get 3rd/4th line minutes next season.

It's unfortunate but it looks like the chances of Connolly ever fitting into the top 2 lines are very slim now.

That being said hopefully we can package him up for a top 4-defensmen. Still believe we need one, especially with Salo's contract expiring.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Purcell is a piece we could move for a good return, although admittedly I don't want to part with him either.

TOO MANY FORWARDS!

He's playing way too good right now, Connolly won't be at the level for a couple years.

If we make the playoffs and do well, Purcell is going nowhere and outside of Malone, the top-9 won't be going anywhere. If we flank it opens up the spot for Connolly.

I honestly think Drouin will probably take that 1 roster spot next season if Malone is moved. Connolly's in a terrible position right now. As much as it sucks to say, he'd probably be better off elsewhere getting top ice-time, as we've all seen, he's NHL ready. And his Value has never been higher.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Vanek moved to the Isles for Moulson, 2014 1st and 2015 2nd. Sabres just got that much easier to play against and Isles got that much harder...

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
It really all boils down to how far we think we're capable of going and how a few defenders progress throughout the year. If we're patient, wait, and develop Sustr/Koekkoek/Nesterov/Korobov we could be in great shape, but I don't think we're necessarily looking to wait that long.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
With how well we're playing I don't see us making any moves soon. Malone seems like the most logical choice but if we make the playoffs we are gonna need a player like him in the lineup and we just don't have a replacement. Salo is another possibility if we're out but I don't see us being out at the deadline and he too will be important in the playoffs. I can see us resting the two late in the season to keep them fresh and healthy.

I think anyone of Connolly/Purcell and Panik are in play but the deal will have to be something big that's gonna improve the team right now and I'm not sure there's a deal out there. Maybe the Rangers will sell Girardi around Christmas if they don't turn it around soon. More likely we move one at the draft with a pick for a Salo replacement

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It really all boils down to how far we think we're capable of going and how a few defenders progress throughout the year. If we're patient, wait, and develop Sustr/Koekkoek/Nesterov/Korobov we could be in great shape, but I don't think we're necessarily looking to wait that long.

Yea I'm willing to be patient with what we have. It's still a young team and how they are playing right now getting the wins makes me even more excited about how this team will do with more time and experience.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Connolly has 5 games played and 1 assist in the AHL, whats up with that?

Kucherov is tearing it up.

NHLeitner

Jan 2, 2013
Carolina
Speaking completely out of my ass, I think it would be plausible the Bolts could deal with Nashville for Josi. Now that Seth Jones is holding his own with Weber and they've got a few D in their system that could step into the #3/4 role, I think they'd be looking for some scoring forwards to raise that 1.9 goals/game average.

With Salo, it's just a matter of time before he goes down or retires, and I think Josi has a chance to be a #2/3 Defender for the Lightning. Anyone else? Maybe Connolly + 2nd for Josi?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Speaking completely out of my ass, I think it would be plausible the Bolts could deal with Nashville for Josi. Now that Seth Jones is holding his own with Weber and they've got a few D in their system that could step into the #3/4 role, I think they'd be looking for some scoring forwards to raise that 1.9 goals/game average.

With Salo, it's just a matter of time before he goes down or retires, and I think Josi has a chance to be a #2/3 Defender for the Lightning. Anyone else? Maybe Connolly + 2nd for Josi?

Would love Josi and would drive Connolly there personally for him.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Connolly has 5 games played and 1 assist in the AHL, whats up with that?
Kucherov is tearing it up.

Didnt they put him as center? Think we have him working on that and back checking also focusing on defensive side of game etc..

Round him out dont think anyone in tampa is scared he cant score.

Think they would like someone to play panik style without the minus 9:)

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Do you guys think we trade Aulie soon while he still has value? Sustr is everything Aulie was supposed to be for us, just better. I love Aulie personally, but he is redundant for us.

A big, young defender could be a good piece for a top 4 defenceman. An Aulie-Connolly package might bring some looks in. Just thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad