2013-14 Schedule Thread (EDIT: new forum alignment is here!)

cbjcan27

Jul 19, 2013
For those rare Canadian CBJ fans, does anyone subscribe to NHL Center Ice through their cable or satellite providers? If so how many games are you able to see throughout the year? Looking at subscribing this year and need to see if its worth the cost. Thanks.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
For those rare Canadian CBJ fans, does anyone subscribe to NHL Center Ice through their cable or satellite providers? If so how many games are you able to see throughout the year? Looking at subscribing this year and need to see if its worth the cost. Thanks.

You should be able to watch every game.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Personally i dont even bother with it. I go to firstrowsports and get every game for everyone and stream on my laptop and just plug in to my tv and watch on it

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Personally i dont even bother with it. I go to firstrowsports and get every game for everyone and stream on my laptop and just plug in to my tv and watch on it

Just a note, firstrow streams generally are good audio and bad video or good video and bad audio. The price is right, but for the discerning hockey fan with extra money, they may be disappointed.

I use firstrow as well, but that's cause I'm poor as ****.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Finally in the east, but my plans of a nice east coast road trip are shot to hell. I figured there would be a NY/NY, NY/NJ, WAS/NY/BOS swing or NY/PA swing at some point...nothing. Closest is a Boston-Washington foray in the middle of November. Bummer.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Finally in the east, but my plans of a nice east coast road trip are shot to hell. I figured there would be a NY/NY, NY/NJ, WAS/NY/BOS swing or NY/PA swing at some point...nothing. Closest is a Boston-Washington foray in the middle of November. Bummer.

I was disappointed by this too. I'm really think of doing the FL trip now.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Division names are really boring, they should have got creative and used player names.

I would have gone with HOF COACHES names like: Arbor, Bowman, Nielson and Brooks. Then I'd add a twist - division names would be RETIRED after 10 seasons - stoking debate about which coach should have a division named after him next.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Metropolitan???? Only the old timer hockey gods could have trumped that one up... are they serious? I guess it's better than "the hood"....

Last edited:

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Florida trip sucks because you have to drop all that cash on it just days before our first playoff games.

Also, Tampa and Florida aren't close to each other at all.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Metropolitan???? Only the old timer hockey gods could have trumped that one up... are they serious? I guess it's better than "the hood"....

I thought it was weird at first, but "Metropolitan" is growing on me.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
It's muscle memory for me to scroll down to the Western Conference and click the second link.

I keep ending up on Colorado's board

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Don't make us go all Metropolitan on yo' ass.

Pitchfork in one hand, and an appletini in the other. Skinny designer jeans with mud on them, and Dolce & Gabbana shoes caked with manure. An ironic trucker hat worn while driving a Prius tractor.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Now that we are in the same forum sub-division-by-division, burn in hell. All of you. WITH FIRE. :p:
FIREdevil.gif

onfire.gif

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Jackets travel decrease significantly next year (36,597), compared to 11-12 (42,831) and 10-11 (44,600). League avg is 41,390 and it has been around that the previous years.

Jackets have 17 back-to-back games.

Canes have 20.
Devils 22
Isles 18
Rangers 13
Flyers 14
Pens 17
Caps 17

link

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Just a note, firstrow streams generally are good audio and bad video or good video and bad audio. The price is right, but for the discerning hockey fan with extra money, they may be disappointed.

I use firstrow as well, but that's cause I'm poor as ****.

I was going to mention this, too. I use wiziwig mostly, but I've had Center Ice before and at least on my computer there is a noticeable difference in quality, Center Ice being much higher quality.

I'm fine with Metropolitan Division. I agree it's weird that it's the only division with a non-geographical name, but I don't think it's bad weird.

I'm glad the names don't refer to former players/coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad