2013-14 Out of Town Thread - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This just in: Sasha Barkov has arrived. Yes he has a goal and 2 assists tonight, but it's more than that. The kid has unreal hands, great vision and elite hockey sense.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Is it going to be like this every time Seguin scores?

No.

But when he has a 4 pt night and scores a goal that was arguably more impressive than Hertl's the other night, I think it's safe to assume it might garner a couple posts.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
No.

But when he has a 4 pt night and scores a goal that was arguably more impressive than Hertl's the other night, I think it's safe to assume it might garner a couple posts.

I said it the minute I found out Seguin was traded in July, "What the ****, Chia!?"

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
And what's the statistical value of the off-ice problems the Bruins were having with Seguin that had them thinking about trading him for a year?

and the value of the cap space they freed up by being able to get rid of Pevs? And what will be the value of the 3 other players they got in the trade? the trade was a **** ton more than just Seguin for Ericsson.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
And what's the statistical value of the off-ice problems the Bruins were having with Seguin that had them thinking about trading him for a year?

They were thinking about trading him when they prematurely decided to offer him a mega contract they were under no pressure to give him?

BTW I do think they got a good package for him and have no problem at all with the deal. I just find it hysterical that in March people were saying he was better than Ovechkin and now they are saying Spooner will be better than him.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
They were thinking about trading him when they prematurely decided to offer him a mega contract they were under no pressure to give him?

BTW I do think they got a good package for him and have no problem at all with the deal. I just find it hysterical that in March people were saying he was better than Ovechkin and now they are saying Spooner will be better than him.

I got my timeframe mixed up, my bad. I am/was firmly in neither camp of your second paragraph.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
This just in: Sasha Barkov has arrived. Yes he has a goal and 2 assists tonight, but it's more than that. The kid has unreal hands, great vision and elite hockey sense.

There was a rumor that during the draft the Bruins tried to trade for the second pick to draft him.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Very odd, most young players are usually have around an 80% faceoff win pctg by game 2 I thought. Hard to reconcile that he hasn't been moved to third line RW yet in Dallas... what are they thinking down there?

you mean like when he got outplayed by a 100 year old Jagr during the playoffs and then did nothing for the next 10+ games to earn his spot back?

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
yikes, Seguin goes 2 and 2 his third game as a Star. It's probably a better situation for him in Dallas. As long as the guys we got from Dallas do well.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
There was a rumor that during the draft the Bruins tried to trade for the second pick to draft him.

Bruins did try to trade for #1 and #2 they would been drafted Barkov at #1. Seguin was centerpiece of those trades but it didn't work out well. Bruins were very high on Barkov. I have very good source on this one.

2ka RasK*

you mean like when he got outplayed by a 100 year old Jagr during the playoffs and then did nothing for the next 10+ games to earn his spot back?

10 pts for Jagr 8 for Seguin

But still wrong on many other levels...whatever.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
and the value of the cap space they freed up by being able to get rid of Pevs? And what will be the value of the 3 other players they got in the trade? the trade was a **** ton more than just Seguin for Ericsson.

nevermind Pevs, they are saving almost 2 million alone on the difference between Seguin and Eriksson's salaries.

All the people pining after Seguin are conveniently forgetting that even if we bought out or dumped Pevs for picks we still would be stuck with Seguin's 5.75 million cap hit and would not have been able to sign Iginla.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I still think they gave up too early on him

They traded him at an age where most players are just starting their pro careers. Never liked the deal and still don't. I think you need young elite upside players back when you deal an asset of that caliber.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
10 pts for Jagr 8 for Seguin

But still wrong on many other levels...whatever.

and Jagr was a rental meant to be a depth player. Seguin was supposed to be one of our top scorers and was practically invisible. And half his points didn't come until the finals. My point was just that nobody can reasonably criticize the decision to drop him to the 3rd line. He earned that demotion.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The real bummer is that they didn't get Chiasson back in the Seguin deal. Kind of reminiscent of the Bruins' failure to get Marleau back in the Thornton deal and then having to watch them tear it up together for years. Eriksson should be a better return for this team than Sturm was and this is also a much better team than the one that traded Thornton but it's still gonna hurt if Seguin turns into an MVP type. But it people want to be mad at anyone, be mad at Seguin for forcing Chia's hand. If Seguin played like he's supposed to in his final 30 games here then they would have never thought of trading him.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
4pts for Seguin. Good for him. 79 more games left before his golf season.

Meanwhile, the Bruins will fight again for the Cup. Without him and his meaningless 4pts night. Where was all that in the playoffs? Like the guy but still mad at him that he costed us a2nd Cup with his no-show in the playoffs.

The Bruins survived the departure of regular season star Joe Thornton. They'll do the same with Seguin.

And about these comparison between Loui and Seguin, Loui has very small shoes to fill to help us more in the playoffs. Only 2 goals will do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad