GDT: 2013/14 Out of Town PLAYOFFS - Stan Chistov Lucky #13 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

There is no excuse to lose 4 games in a row in the playoffs....whether it's that you're up 3-0, whether it's a 4 game sweep, whether a player got hurt, etc.

In today's NHL, there is no excuse or justification to do so IMO.

I feel for Sharks fans only because we know how embarassing it is.

member 96824

I agree there is no excuse, but when you lose Krejci and replace him with Trent "I eat Cheerios for breakfast" Whitfield you have problems.

It's true, but they went to OT in game 4, game 6 was a 1 goal game, had a 3-0 lead in game 7. Game 5 was an embarassing lack of effort, the rest of the games were completely winnable, game 7 by all means should have been a win.

Philly was playing AHL goalies through that series.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I agree there is no excuse, but when you lose Krejci and replace him with Trent "I eat Cheerios for breakfast" Whitfield you have problems.

It wasn't just Krejci in that series; he was merely the final straw. And of course injuries matter in the postseason. It's a huge factor, and has been through the history of sports.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
It's true, but they went to OT in game 4, game 6 was a 1 goal game, had a 3-0 lead in game 7. Game 5 was an embarassing lack of effort, the rest of the games were completely winnable, game 7 by all means should have been a win.

Philly was playing AHL goalies through that series.

Oh I difiantly agree; they still should've won.

But the one difference between our team and others that have gone through any 'tough loss' is that our guys rallied around it and came back stronger the following year.

member 96824

It wasn't just Krejci in that series; he was merely the final straw. And of course injuries matter in the postseason. It's a huge factor, and has been through the history of sports.

The final straw? I don't think they would tell you that at all.

They won the rest of the game he went down in, and played three one goal games after that...including one that they held a 3-0 lead on home ice in.

Krejci going down was the final straw to any post season success(i.e. I don't believe they would have beat montreal, and definitely not Chicago), but that Philly series absolutely should have been won, no excuses. No dancing around it. It was a choke, just like SJ would be a choke this year if they lost(Had to bring it back on topic :laugh:)

jdz

May 22, 2013
Seriously...whoever scheduled this series is a dope. Multiple 3 day waits?

Schedule our series already aswell!!

Im in boston for 4 days from tomorrow and I dont know when to book things...its ridiculous.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
There is no excuse to lose 4 games in a row in the playoffs....whether it's that you're up 3-0, whether it's a 4 game sweep, whether a player got hurt, etc.

In today's NHL, there is no excuse or justification to do so IMO.

I feel for Sharks fans only because we know how embarassing it is.

I can't agree with that statement more. No way the Bruins should have lost that series. To lose 4 in a row like that is an embarrassment, no matter what excuses are come up with.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Philly might be tough; but they always beat the Rangers.

Let's hope Philly can win 2 in a row; but my guy says it'll be the Rangers.

Philly's defense/goaltending is its Achilles heel as always. What they have going for them is that the Rangers aren't an offensive machine. Battle of the mediocre.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Philly's defense/goaltending is its Achilles heel as always. What they have going for them is that the Rangers aren't an offensive machine. Battle of the mediocre.

I hope we get Philly this year, after we finish off the Habs. It's always entertaining to beat them in the playoffs.:D

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Are we really still debating whether or not the series loss to Philly was a choke job after being up 3 games to none and up 3-0 in game 7? I don't get how that could ever conceivably be anything but a choke, unless you're flat out delusional. Man this place is insane.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Struggling to find it, but I once read that teams that blow a 3-0 lead have a better winning percentage in Game 7 than teams that are up 3-0 have in Game 4.

Well considering it's only ever happened 3 times in the NHL, I'd absolutely believe that. Winning 4 in a row, regardless if you're up or down 3-0 is a hard task.

EDIT: Didn't realize teams that are down 3-0 have only forced a game 7 around 10 times.

In 2011, didn't Chicago come back from 3-0 down to Vancouver, tie it up late in Game 7 with a shorthanded goal, and still lose in OT?

Correct. Toews scored a shorty with around 2 minutes left in the game to tie, only to lose 2-1 in OT. Knowing what we know about the Canucks now, how VAN won that game after a late goal against is beyond me.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

Lundqvist is something like 27-13-3 vs Philly in his career; however against Pittsburgh is .500 I believe (can't find his overall record, but he's 4-9 at Pittsburgh)

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Oh I difiantly agree; they still should've won.

But the one difference between our team and others that have gone through any 'tough loss' is that our guys rallied around it and came back stronger the following year.

Did they ever! I was afraid of that Philly team (Pronger, Richards, Carter, Giroux, JVR etc), but the Bs swept them in 4. Incredible turnaround. Go from worst collapse ever to a Stanley cup in a matter of one year. Truly magical year.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Philly might be tough; but they always beat the Rangers.

Let's hope Philly can win 2 in a row; but my guy says it'll be the Rangers.

Right about Philly. But I think this years Rangers are a little better. I think they will beat the Pens.

But if it all works out, I'd prefer that the Bruins play Pittsburgh again. I want that team under the Bruins tires as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad