Feb 27, 2002
Joe Thornton this series in the past three clinching series games

0-0-0 -4

Just sayin

member 96824

0-0-0 -4

Just sayin

It's a shame we didn't get that Boumeester, Luongo, Horton package.

OR AT LEAST A ****ING PICK.

:rant::rant:

(In my world, we get San Jose's 1st and draft Claude Giroux with it)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
watching the Pens being completely uncomfortable was fun

Only thing that would have made it better would have been the Jackets winning the series.
Still hoping for a Flyers win (Flyers/Pens is one of the most entertaining hockey match ups period) but think the Rangers are going to pull this one out. Rangers/Pens aren't nearly as exciting.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Only thing that would have made it better would have been the Jackets winning the series.
Still hoping for a Flyers win (Flyers/Pens is one of the most entertaining hockey match ups period) but think the Rangers are going to pull this one out. Rangers/Pens aren't nearly as exciting.

tried watching the Rags/Flyers series and man is it a great way to fall asleep if your struggling to do so, can`t imagine what a Rags/Pens series would be like plus, who doesn`t want to see the usual blood bath between the Pens/Flyers??

Can`t stand either team, but wouldn`t miss a minute of that series

member 96824

PHI/PIT BOS/MTL CHI/COL whichever team wins SJ and LA vs. ANA

That would be a fantastic way to ensure that I still don't get any sleep for the next two weeks.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

0-0-0 -4

Just sayin

Gotta think this is the end of the line for that core if the Sharks blow it.

McLellan: Fired
Thornton and Marleau: traded
Wilson: Probably canned

They still have a decent foundation with Burns, Pavelski, Couture and Vlasic to build around. But, i mean after 7 years of kicks at the can you would think the writing would be on the wall no?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
another play reminding me why I can`t stand the Pens

I`m sure others saw it here but Vitale clearly trying to make contact with nothing else but Comeau`s lower body, then going down in a heap as he was the one who took the worse of it....classic DB Pens move

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Still can't believe that goal counted. You can't push the goalie with your stick, causing the goalie to push the puck into the net.

Agreed. If that's a good goal, then I'm pitch forking the goalie into the net every time he has the puck.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
another play reminding me why I can`t stand the Pens

I`m sure others saw it here but Vitale clearly trying to make contact with nothing else but Comeau`s lower body, then going down in a heap as he was the one who took the worse of it....classic DB Pens move

That was bizarre. It looked Vitale tried to throw the knee and then got the worst of it. Kinda look like he was grandstanding there too.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
PHI/PIT BOS/MTL CHI/COL whichever team wins SJ and LA vs. ANA

That would be a fantastic way to ensure that I still don't get any sleep for the next two weeks.

It would definitely make for some entertaining hockey-especially if the Sharks win their series.

I find Rangers and Kings games can get boring.
Avs are pretty exciting-and I think an Avs/Chicago match up seems like it would be a good one.

I think NBC would be quite happy if things shake out this way.

member 96824

I think that happened to Ovie too one time, just don't remember if he was the one throwing the knee, or receiving....but whomever was throwing the knee ended up hurt more.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That was bizarre. It looked Vitale tried to throw the knee and then got the worst of it. Kinda look like he was grandstanding there too.

I jumped over to the Pens board and it 'sounds' (clearly not official) as though it`s not looking good for Vitale....too bad:amazed:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh well, maybe he should learn how to hit then.

Doesn't matter, be it the Rangers or the Flyers, Pittsburgh isn't making it past round 2. Those teams can actually make the Penguins pay for not playing a full 60 minutes, unlike the inexperienced Jackets.

It also occurs to me the Flyers/Rangers series is still going on...what a snoozer.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Doesn't matter, be it the Rangers or the Flyers, Pittsburgh isn't making it past round 2. Those teams can actually make the Penguins pay for not playing a full 60 minutes, unlike the inexperienced Jackets.

It also occurs to me the Flyers/Rangers series is still going on...what a snoozer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I5kI1-aIWs

Vitale tries a sneaky foot trip (hey, he isn`t the first but..) and it looks like it doesn`t turn out as well as he`d hoped

member 96824

Seriously...whoever scheduled this series is a dope. Multiple 3 day waits?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Seriously...whoever scheduled this series is a dope. Multiple 3 day waits?

Probably the same dolts who did the scheduling for the NBA playoffs.

Why the **** do you need a 3 day wait for a series being played in Toronto and Brooklyn? Better yet, why do you need a long wait for freakin' Basketball?

Doesn't help that Rangers series has been boring as all hell on top of the wait... Yet, i'll still watch it as i am a sucker, lol.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't usually laugh at people's misfortune, but man, is that hilarious. Karma's a ****

Love how Comeau gets up with little difficulty afterwards.

Not the most intelligent way to pay back a guy that`s for sure.

Vitale didn`t like the hit Comeau made on Bennett in the corner and I get that but....:shakehead

Karma indeed, but why couldn`t this have been Neal:laugh:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
We also lost Sturm (think is was game 2 or maybe that game).

I am often amazed at how much that team actually accomplished. The back end was a mess with injuries and the forward depth was being tested. It was a team with some talented players but mostly taped together and rather rag tag.

I think by the end of the series Paille was skating in the top 6 and our delay centers were Whitfield and Begin. Bergeron was the only healthy center because we all know in hindsight that Savard shouldn't have been playing.

Players were dropping like flies before and during those playoffs. Seidenberg, Sturm, Krejci out. Ference, Sobotka, Savard playing hurt (Ference and Sobotka both had surgery afterward). They were being held together with spit and bailing wire through the first three games of the Philly series, and once Krejci went down, that was it. I remember hearing he was out after the game and thinking they were toast. Even if they got past Philly, they'd go no further. Also, the 3-0 series lead has blinded people to the fact that those games were tight and could have gone either way. Philly could have swept that series with a little better luck.

At any rate, everyone learned from it. The players learned to never let up. The front office learned that depth is critical (the trades for Kelly and Peverley the next season were huge). The experience without a doubt helped them win the Cup the next spring. As Van Helsing said, "We must go through bitter waters before we reach the sweet."

I suspect the Sharks' situation has little in common with the Bruins' other than losing the series lead. Do they have multiple injuries? A lack of depth? Inexperience? I haven't been following the series closely enough to know for sure.

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Players were dropping like flies before and during those playoffs. Seidenberg, Sturm, Krejci out. Ference, Sobotka, Savard playing hurt (Ference and Sobotka both had surgery afterward). They were being held together with spit and bailing wire through the first three games of the Philly series, and once Krejci went down, that was it. I remember hearing he was out after the game and thinking they were toast. Even if they got past Philly, they'd go no further. Also, the 3-0 series lead has blinded people to the fact that those games were tight and could have gone either way. Philly could have swept that series with a little better luck.

At any rate, everyone learned from it. The players learned to never let up. The front office learned that depth is critical (the trades for Kelly and Peverley the next season were huge). The experience without a doubt helped them win the Cup the next spring. As Van Helsing said, "We must go through bitter waters before we reach the sweet."

I suspect the Sharks' situation has little in common with the Bruins' other than losing the series lead. Do they have multiple injuries? A lack of depth? Inexperience? I haven't been following the series closely enough to know for sure.

The Sharks are, quite simply, as good as their defense lets them be- I mean goalies and defensemen. And it's been bad these last 3 games. LA has clogged the neutral zone and that has crippled SJ's offense. I have a bad feeling about game 7 for them unless the Kings have shot their wad getting to a game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad