News Article: 2013-14 News & Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
...by a writer who is apparently trusted by a lot of people here. Odd.

well...I think the guy is first Russian. meaning the writer. I don't know much about him nor his writing and didn't believe his tweet on the changes. but of course ov talked to that guy.

right now putin is putting on a full court press. having ovechkin playing in Washington of all places doesn't look good for putin right now. ov has more reason to want to stay in the nhl than just his nhl career.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Chesnokov just translated the article/interview, likely at the behest of those that run that site.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ovie is no fool. He understands what is happening in Russia and he's cautious about what he says to the Russian media. He has a lot to lose back there, so he's strategic in his comments, but I don't believe for one second that he's going back.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Dismiss it. Pure speculation. In Russian it didn't even sound like in that translation. There are ppl who know there is no sense in confrontation with Russia. And there are ones who look for the profit from it. Globally.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Ovi has always been outspoken about his commitment to Washington. He has no desire to leave whatsoever, as much as he loves his home country.

I think the way he talked about Kuznetsov's decision to stay in Russia speaks volumes about what he thinks about the KHL.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ovi has always been outspoken about his commitment to Washington. He has no desire to leave whatsoever, as much as he loves his home country.

I think the way he talked about Kuznetsov's decision to stay in Russia speaks volumes about what he thinks about the KHL.

Sadly, those rumors will hang around until he retires. I won't be surprised if Lebrun or some othe reporter starts Kuznetsov rumors this year.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Alan May has been great on and off the ice. He gives the classic hockey speak and I think would be a fine assistant. C'mon guys get pucks to the net, drive the net and take the body.

It's nice having our Russian contingent on board addressing all the KHL related news we get here.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Alan May is exactly where he needs to be. He's the only one in the media that consistently pulls no punches regarding the Caps. He tells it like it is and doesn't need to suck up to the organization to get access.

If he were hired by the organization, who in the DC media has the balls or the pull to actually give hard-hitting negative commentary on as big a stage as CSN?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Alan May is awesome!

But I agree with NTBW...we need him where he is. He's a great guy in the media coverage and the best reason to watch the post and pre game shows. No one else would tell it like it is.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Alan May is awesome!

But I agree with NTBW...we need him where he is. He's a great guy in the media coverage and the best reason to watch the post and pre game shows. No one else would tell it like it is.
Again, I'm not advocating May for any job within the organization, but that is asinine reasoning.

Did we all know Alan May was going to be "The Straight Shooter" when he first started? Is it completely inconceivable that there is someone else capable of doing what he's doing, especially now that someone has already blazed that trail?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Again, I'm not advocating May for any job within the organization, but that is asinine reasoning.

Did we all know Alan May was going to be "The Straight Shooter" when he first started? Is it completely inconceivable that there is someone else capable of doing what he's doing, especially now that someone has already blazed that trail?
We haven't really seen anyone else do it since Fay, have we?

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Lol Chuck Gormley to the rescue. At least he sounds like he's asking tough questions the way he's choked up and scared looking/sounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad